CONSTRUCTION THREAD: 98 East McBee

g-man430

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, they put that wall up fast! when I was at the site this morning about 9:30

they had just started working on it.

I went by at 4:00 and they were beginning to put up one of the sections. I came back by at 4:15 and the section was already finished and they had started on a new one. I took the pics at 4:15 in case you're wondering.

^^^...and they put up several red signs on the fence at the intersection that said things like "hard hat required", "no trespassing", and "all visitors need to report to the field office" wherever that is. Also, the big blue truck was on the Spring Street side of the site today and there was a backhoe along with a bulldozer in back of the site like Erm1981 said.

Now that this is officially under construction, any ideas when we might start hearing about restaurants, retail, etc that will locate in the Peacock? The whole Tyler Florence rumor has been going around.....I could easily see a hotel like the Peacock wanting to land a restaurant by a celebrity chef.........anybody know? :ph34r:

Now that this is officially under construction, any ideas when we might start hearing about restaurants, retail, etc that will locate in the Peacock? The whole Tyler Florence rumor has been going around.....I could easily see a hotel like the Peacock wanting to land a restaurant by a celebrity chef.........anybody know? :ph34r:

Yes, that would be just about perfect. :D I am excited about the Tyler Florence rumor. Downtown Greenville is already a culinary destination, and with the many new options for fine dining opening up and adding to the long list already here, this reputation is sure to grow. We just need to add more of a music element to that reputation and we'll be set to go somewhere great. :hi:

I have to say something about this first photo. There were several workers inside the old Kimbrell's building throwing tons and tons of debris from where the window used to be on the second story into the red dumpster you see in the background of the pic. Are they planning on doing something with this building:

Picture416.jpg

Picture415.jpg

Picture414.jpg

Picture411.jpg

Picture412.jpg

Picture413.jpg

Picture417.jpg

Picture418.jpg

Picture419.jpg

Picture420.jpg

Just to reiterate what's been said before many times.... thanks to all you guys who go out with your cameras so much. :camera: This is so incredibly meaningful to those of us who don't live locally but love our hometown! :thumbsup: I'm probably the extreme case living in Bangkok - but whether you are a 5 hour drive or a 30 hour flight - the effect is the same. Your photos make it seem like I'm there watching the whole thing unfold.

^^^You're quite welcome. Greenville, I think it will be around the same height as Poinsett Plaza/Carolina First building if not a little bit taller, but i'm not totally sure how tall it will be exactly in the end.

The Peacock will definitely be taller than the Poinsett Plaza Office Building, but as I mentioned earlier, how much taller is unknown at this time.

The Peacock will definitely be taller than the Poinsett Plaza Office Building, but as I mentioned earlier, how much taller is unknown at this time.

Are you absolutely sure it will be taller? 100% positively, absolutely, sensationally sure? :lol:

Do any of you guys remember a couple of years ago (when the tire store on the current Peacock location was torn down) there was talk about about this block becoming a Greenville icon and having a downtown art cinema as well. We now have what will become an icon for Greenville, The Peacock, but have any of you heard anymore about the art cinema? Wasn't it going to be in Kimbrells? Or wasn't Kimbrells going to somehow tie into the development of The Peacock? :dontknow:

Archived