CONSTRUCTION THREAD: 98 East McBee

g-man430

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^Yeah, but look at the Pinnacle on Main. That is going through several delays, engineering/design changes, etc. and that project is still the same height and will include underground parking.

It's also nearly entirely composed of condo/office units and retail, too, all of which must be spoken for ahead of time....apple vs. orange, man.

^^^I hate apples vs. oranges. :lol: I like apples vs. apples or oranges vs. oranges. Seriously though, why would a very rich group of people who wants a 5-star hotel knock the height of the building down? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

I've been wondering the same thing, myself. Again, I suspect if any major changes to the design are happening it's due to the condo component and not the hotel/spa...the underground parking wouldn't matter much to a hotel guest, but would be a near necessity for a condo owner.

But i thought the Condo Owners would have access to the same services as the guests? So wouldn't the Hotel owners ahve access to the Valet Parking as well?

^^^Yeah, but look at the Pinnacle on Main. That is going through several delays, engineering/design changes, etc. and that project is still the same height and will include underground parking.

Yes, but the big difference is that the Peacock is actually going to be built. Whether it's a great idea or not, I don't know, but it will rise from the ground. It will be "Rising Soon." :lol:

But i thought the Condo Owners would have access to the same services as the guests? So wouldn't the Hotel owners ahve access to the Valet Parking as well?

Yes, but who's to say that the valet parking for the hotel guests can't involve the valets parking the cars in the Spring Street Garage rather than on-site underground at the Peacock?

Yes, but who's to say that the valet parking for the hotel guests can't involve the valets parking the cars in the Spring Street Garage rather than on-site underground at the Peacock?

I have heard that one reason that Peacock was building the underground garage was that the City considers the Spring Street garage to be "full" as far as reserved/committed spaces are concerned.

I have heard that one reason that Peacock was building the underground garage was that the City considers the Spring Street garage to be "full" as far as reserved/committed spaces are concerned.

That may be true....and will no doubt be moreso true once Bookends II is complete, but that garage is pretty empty any time I've parked in it (usually after hours or on weekends).

The neat thing about most of the parking garages downtown....they can be expanded upwards. :thumbsup:

There might be other downtown projects in the pipeline (i.e., they haven't been announced yet) which are located in this general vicinity and also involve additional parking. What if the Peacock folks know about this project or projects, but we don't?

^^^Now park there on a weekday in the middle of the day and see what it's like. ;)

I parked there today and went to Jimmy Johns for lunch. It was still not that full. :offtopic: Jimmy Johns though...awesome! Talk about a great location for them once everything falls into place around them. They're already busy and the future looks bright. It was kinda cool watching the guys ride out of there on bikes to make deliveries downtown. :shades:

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to this forum and have not read all of the history on the Peacock Hotel. Any news on a real groundbreaking date?

I think they had the groundbreaking over a month ago. Things are just running slow now as they encounter underground structural issues and some redesign modifications but they are doing the foundation prep work as far as I can tell.

Underground parking has been eliminated, and the number of hotel rooms has been cut in half. Amenities are also being reduced. There should be a story in the News this week or next. No official "restart" date is scheduled.

That's what I know. It's from a reliable source.

Archived