CONSTRUCTION THREAD: 98 East McBee

g-man430

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I left work today at 3:00 and there were some duke power and pike electric trucks and their men on the peacock site. That was about it. Didnt hear, see or feel any kind of blasting unless it was very small scale.

Those guys have been out there for the last three days doing stuff. I think that there might be a vault under the sidewalk that is being removed; they had a backhoe out there Tuesday.

They're just getting ready for Mark & Grant to blow some stuff up.

I drove by at 4:30pm and took some pics that i'll post in a little while. There were Pike Power trucks on site doing some digging on the sidewalk with a bulldozer. They were finishing up and leaving at the same time I got done taking my pics. Also, that bulldozer that has been there since the beginning of mankind is now gone.

Hey, guys. Been lurking for a while, because I didn't have anything worthwhile to add to the discussion. Today, I do. I just received an email from the developer saying not to be alarmed on February 15th and 16th, since they will be blasting on the Peacock site.

I'm pretty sure the blasting the developer was talking about was this: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...006/1004/NEWS01

I'm pretty sure the blasting the developer was talking about was this: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...006/1004/NEWS01

You're right, g-man. The blasting is on Broad St. every weekday about 2:30 until they're done. All part of the City's stormwater/drainage project. Thursday 2/15 was the first day and you almost couldn't tell it happened. But Friday's blast -- it was VERY cool.

OK, Guys I talked with David Sprague of The Peacock and the superintendent

with American constructors, on the site today. I was told that the pre construction

meeting will be on Wensday and they have an impact meeting with the City

Wensday night.After that work should Begin next week,The first thing they have

to do is abate a lot of contaminated soil on the site.

DSC00779.jpg

^^^Matt Moore of American Constructors is the project manager of the Peacock Hotel and Spa construction. I'm not sure if he is also the superintendent or not, but if he is then I know why he hasn't responded to my emails yet. That's not a bad thing though, especially if it involves starting and working on a project like this. :)

OK, Guys I talked with David Sprague of The Peacock and the superintendent

with American constructors, on the site today. I was told that the pre construction

meeting will be on Wensday and they have an impact meeting with the City

Wensday night.After that work should Begin next week,The first thing they have

to do is abate a lot of contaminated soil on the site.

DSC00779.jpg

Good to hear and great to see the contractor in town.....should be any day. :D

^^^Matt Moore of American Constructors is the project manager of the Peacock Hotel and Spa construction. I'm not sure if he is also the superintendent or not, but if he is then I know why he hasn't responded to my emails yet. That's not a bad thing though, especially if it involves starting and working on a project like this. :)

g-man, No the superintendent is not the same person as the project manager.I did not post his

name because I did not get his permission to do so.I can tell you his first name is Bob.

On a job like this, the project manager will not be in town every day, because he is responsible

for a grope of superintendents and there jobs, witch could be spreed out all over the country.

I drove by this site an hour ago and there are at least 20 orange and white barricades lined up next to the Spring Street sidewalk on the Peacock Hotel and Spa site like Mr. Downtown said. Also, the rest of the trees and bushes on site have been removed. Should be any day now. :)

Archived