CONSTRUCTION THREAD: 98 East McBee

g-man430

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WYFF was on site earlier like everybody else was saying. I missed part of the five o'clock news when it was on, but it should be on again at six. The orange and white barricades haven't even been put out on McBee Avenue yet. The only thing that has changed since yesterday is that there is now tall metal fencing along Spring St. next to the site on the sidewalk.

I drove by the site today on my home from my sons doctors appointment and saw the fence. I was wondering though why do they have the Spring Street lot fenced up? Is that the staging area?

No, it is not a staging area for the construction of the Peacock Hotel and Spa. It is a staging area for the construction equipment doing the sewer improvements going on throughout downtown.

^^^What kind of activity or could you tell? I noticed they did put road closed signs up next to the orange and white barricades on the sidewalk, so it should be any day now. It probably won't be tomorrow though with the expected rain.

I think that they knew about the bad weather comming in so are holding off till this gets out of here which will be tomorrow. We are going to get a lot of rain. I did see the superindendent's truck on the site when i left work this morning due to the rain.

Archived