CONSTRUCTION THREAD: 98 East McBee

g-man430

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rumors on the street that I've heard were just a hold up on the outside design. As far as styling.

Thats what I have heard from a few people one of them were with the construction company and two were from the city.

Not sure whats true but I just wanted to let you know what I heard.

^^^Seeing how you heard it from three people, I can believe that. Frankly, I don't care if they change the design of the exterior, just as long as it still looks the same or better than before and if it's the same height or taller than before.

The rumors on the street that I've heard were just a hold up on the outside design. As far as styling.

Thats what I have heard from a few people one of them were with the construction company and two were from the city.

I wonder why "they" would be having concerns/issues with the exterior design though. It is about as nice a contemporary design as any new highrise its height that I have seen recently.

I've heard similar rumors that involve the terra-cotta exterior. I think that the expense of the terra-cotta has surprised several folks... I haven't heard anything about height changes.

From what i've heard, the height has not changed and is just going through an exterior change. This information is from somebody with the city and not anybody with the project. I still haven't been able to get in contact with anybody that's involved with this project.

From what i've heard, the height has not changed and is just going through an exterior change. This information is from somebody with the city and not anybody with the project. I still haven't been able to get in contact with anybody that's involved with this project.

Well, if a "new" design for the Peacock is the same architecture and appearance used in the Court Square area, I am going to scream. In that area, the brickwork is nice and valuable. But the Peacock is a great opportunity to branch out and do something new and creative. We have some great preserved buildings, but we also need some originality. I have to hope that the new design is the right mix of creativity and longevity (in terms of architecture).

I will post one more thing about this and then I will let you guys find out if it true or not, because

I really don't care if this building ever gets built or not. I just posted what I was told because you

guys are so passionate about it . O.K. first I had a Chance to talk with a friend last night at the

moonlight movie, that is a city engineer,and has been working on the River Place project so he is

not involved with the Peacock, but I ask if he had heard about this rumor. He said he knew the

building was under going a design change and there would be no under ground parking, thats all he would say on the on the record.

The rest of this is all just speculation on our part so you can think about it or not.

First some one posted that the condos were on the 13th and 14th floors, well this building has always

been 11 story's tall, and the 12 condos were to be on the 9th, 10th,and 11th, floors. So if you sell 12

condos for around 12 million dollars,[ of course the web site now only shows 8 condos on the 10th and 11th floors] how much of that can you spend on digging a 40foot hole, disposing of all that contaminated soil,all the delays that have come from dewatering the site, some one is paying my friend Bob to be on the site every day, building a two story under ground parking garage, adding two

or three floors to the building, a privet entrance, a privet elevator,two very expensive sheer walls

between the condos and between the condos and the hotel?

One more thing we wondered was, if a couple of the condo investers may have taken there million+

down to Court st. to build there own building.

Another funny thing is that the DPC approved it for 14 stories tall. Count the number of floors on the right side of the building in the rendering on the first page of this thread and on the left side of this website: http://www.98eastmcbee.com/ You might be suprised. So, the building will be somewhere between 7-14 stories tall. :lol:

This is the first story on this and it says 11! And I never said the building was 12 million,what I was trying to say is how much money can you spend on stuff to support 12 condos!

I recall that there was confusion on the initial height of the building, mostly due to the fact that the description of it did not match the rendering. I thought we finally decided on 12-14 stories, but I'm not sure.

One more thing we wondered was, if a couple of the condo investers may have taken there million+

down to Court st. to build there own building.

I've been wondering the same thing, myself. Again, I suspect if any major changes to the design are happening it's due to the condo component and not the hotel/spa...the underground parking wouldn't matter much to a hotel guest, but would be a near necessity for a condo owner.

Archived