Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

i would have loved for 7th to reconnect :(

eric b

When Nashvillain and I did our little walk around downtown, we went around the back side of the MCC. You can see where 7th would go through, but what you can't see from above (or from a distance) is the large dropoff from where 7th is on the south side of the MCC.

In order to grade KVB properly up to the roundabout, they had to fill in a little of the hillside where 7th is. There is probably a 20-30 foot drop in a relatively short distance from KVB to where it would connect to Lafayette. It would make it a pretty steep little hill.

I use Imgur, you can use a proxy site like hidemyass.com to access what I post and skirt the work network policies. Since I am mobile a lot of the time, and the integration into my Google stuff is a breeze, that will be what I use, Sorry.

Edited by dmillsphoto

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, thanks for bumping this. That pic I posted still works, so working back from that webpage, I found there they have the photos.

But for some reason it does not seem to have a direct link from the metro.gov website. Maybe they're still working on it.

http://www.metrophotos.nashville.gov/eventphotos/images/index.html

Thank you for the pictures.  Everything is looking good.  The only thing that I don't really care for is the large portion of concrete wall on the Omni.  I wonder if there are any plans for that blank space, i.e. the billboard like things that are on the side of the CMHOF.  Not sure if that would look right, but I would rather see something.  I wonder how some three dimensional musical notes in a staggered form going up the side with back lighting would look?  Just throwing out ideas  :shades:

The back (Elliston Pl side) of Homewood Suites on West End is more detailed than I expected, not boxy in shape but has curves and a rounded corner.  Has anyone seen a plan of what it will look like?  In a just world it would have some street activation.

I have seen the plan. It was in the "specific plans" thread in the coffee house, but alas, since metro changed their website, the link is now broken.

As I remember it, it does have a somewhat rounded corner...somewhat. It's more diagonal, I believe.

Don't expect "street activation"...but I'm pretty sure there will be a back entrance.

Personally, I came away feeling more impressed about the renderings from the specific plan than from the single view computer generated animation we've all seen on here. The colors used in the drawing actually made the building seem pretty attractive. We'll see how it translates to the real world.

Thank you for the pictures.  Everything is looking good.  The only thing that I don't really care for is the large portion of concrete wall on the Omni.  I wonder if there are any plans for that blank space, i.e. the billboard like things that are on the side of the CMHOF.  Not sure if that would look right, but I would rather see something.  I wonder how some three dimensional musical notes in a staggered form going up the side with back lighting would look?  Just throwing out ideas  :shades:

I was thinking the same thing about the blank wall.  If the CMHoF wants to hang some giant lively posters there I'm fine with that.

• Like 1