Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

That is such a unique and interesting space.  I hope the city finds a way to utilize it, because it could really become an asset to the surrounding community.  In the past, I've suggested things like a skate park, tennis/basketball courts, sculpture park, food truck area, and mural wall.  What else could you guys see this space being used as?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

That is such a unique and interesting space.  I hope the city finds a way to utilize it, because it could really become an asset to the surrounding community.  In the past, I've suggested things like a skate park, tennis/basketball courts, sculpture park, food truck area, and mural wall.  What else could you guys see this space being used as?

I know Nashville is different from Chattanooga but here they are about to build a mountain bike park under the highway 27 bridge, and under the pedestrian bridge here we have a climbing wall!

• Like 2

If any of you downtown guys could ever get some photos of all of the new downtown lights, that would be awesome.  Every time I drive around the loop at night, there is a new light on one of the buildings.  Lots of wonderful eye-candy.  

I noticed the top of the state capital bldg. was lit up red and green...and I don't remember seeing that before.  Also...it seemed like there was some kind of LED flag or something similar on the side of one of the buildings facing the river.  It was quick glance from I-40 coming from Fesslers Lane...so I didn't get a good look.

^^^  Thanks for posting the Lock 1 pics, Mark.   I had no idea that little park existed.    Another hidden treasure!    I often run along the MetroCenter levee greenway and didn't realize I was looking directly across at it.      Someday it would be great to have a pedestrian bridge similar to the Shelby Bottoms bridge connecting the Cumberland (MetroCenter)/Ted Rhodes greenway with the Whites Creek greenway on the north side. 

• Like 1

On January 3, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Philip said:

There's shops and restaurants built into this bridge at street level. Could that be possible with the Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge? It's a bit downtown-ish but the east bank will likely become more like that eventually anyway.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/93/da/e7/93dae7b796b675ac63be7018a0b88907.jpg

The west side under the shelby bridge in the heart of sobro is also a great opportunity for a new functional us of space.  The city recently removed the  construction trailers that have been there for over a year for the construction of the riverfront park.  This area if properly planned is a great feed through area connecting the new riverfront park to sobro/broadway.  

• Like 1

On January 3, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Philip said:

There's shops and restaurants built into this bridge at street level. Could that be possible with the Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge? It's a bit downtown-ish but the east bank will likely become more like that eventually anyway.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/93/da/e7/93dae7b796b675ac63be7018a0b88907.jpg

What city is this in? That is just awesome looking and would definitely be best case scenario.

Edited by Tim29tn

15 minutes ago, Tim29tn said:

What city is this in? That is just awesome looking and would definitely be best case scenario.

That's a bridge that connects Manhattan to Brooklyn. I love these kind of ultra-urban things.

Ah, I didn't notice the post above this. Yes, the Queensboro Bridge.

Edited by Philip
  • Like 1

Actually, this is on the corner of 19th and Chet Atkins across from M residences. The 12 story will be on the corner of 18th and Chet Atkins.

I think David Creed is the one to contact on this. This is part of a 4 parcel group that is approved for up to 20 stories and was bid on last month.

• Like 2

I LOVE that little strip of restaurants behind Aertson.  To me, it's one of the few stretches of urban street scape Nashville has outside of downtown that truly feel like a stimulating, old school, urban neighborhood.  It's too bad it doesn't stretch out over more ground!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I LOVE that little strip of restaurants behind Aertson.  To me, it's one of the few stretches of urban street scape Nashville has outside of downtown that truly feel like a stimulating, old school, urban neighborhood.  It's too bad it doesn't stretch out over more ground!

Boundry is closer though...loved that spot

5 hours ago, PHofKS said:

A couple of pictures this afternoon....

...The Skyhouse...

Skyhouse%201%2016_zps73nc47x0.jpg

The Aertson from behind...

Aertson%201%2016_zps0dtok3vh.jpg

...and...what is going on..demolition of a house at 19th and Chet Atkins across from M Residence...

Mystery%201%2016_zpstfsapteb.jpg

Dang, I have used those bushes a few times while waiting on an uber later at night. 

• Like 1