Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

I think we should keep a crane tally while this boom is still happening:

1 Sobro

2 roundabout highrise (can never remember the name)

2 Aertson

1 Eakin

1 sesac

1 new vandy bldg

1 cadence

Let me know if I left anything out.

Before the end of 2015:

Bridgestone

Westin

Thompson

Edit: fixed skyhouse to cadence

Element

I am updating it because I noticed two cranes near the ballpark and I'll go ahead and add Parallon too.  I organized them by area:

12 total.  I could've sworn there used to be more (wasn't somebody's count 17 in a photo earlier in this thread?), but maybe that's because certain buildings have been completed like 12/12, Gulch Crossing, the building next to element and the HGI on KVB.

Downtown:
1 Sobro

The Gulch:

1 Eakin

Midtown/Music Row
2 Element
2 Aertson
1 sesac
1 new vandy bldg
1 cadence

North Gulch/Capitol district:

2 near ballpark

1 Parallon

Some people count sheep when they can't sleep…I count construction projects.  Working off the sheets I keep for current and proposed projects, I believe there will be 83 new sites just within the inner belt ring in the next 5 years, and at least 60 of them will have cranes.  Add in another 16 new sites (each with cranes) in mid-town, and…well, it kinda boggles the mind how our skyline will be peppered with so many cranes as well as new structures in this next half decade. Of course, there could be even more that are announced in in the next few years that aren't even part of this vision yet.  Other than Austin, is there any place that comes even close in North America?

• Like 3

Some people count sheep when they can't sleep…I count construction projects.  Working off the sheets I keep for current and proposed projects, I believe there will be 83 new sites just within the inner belt ring in the next 5 years, and at least 60 of them will have cranes.  Add in another 16 new sites (each with cranes) in mid-town, and…well, it kinda boggles the mind how our skyline will be peppered with so many cranes as well as new structures in this next half decade. Of course, there could be even more that are announced in in the next few years that aren't even part of this vision yet.  Other than Austin, is there any place that comes even close in North America?

"Working off the sheets...", eh?

I just hope that they don't get slobbered all over, when you pass out, before you get to "publish" those projects to feed us animals in this farm. ;) 

-==-

• Like 2

The only places I can think of are all metros bigger than us. Not counting New York: Miami-FTL-WPB, DFW Metroplex, Houston, Seattle, & San Francisco. When you take into account in a relatively close proximity distance, I can only see Miami (city of), San Francisco, Seattle, & Austin. It's pretty remarkable.

I count cranes in my sleep.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Atlanta, NYC, Chicago, Miami, Charlotte,  are still strong as well. As in Nashville size cities? Zero.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great photos!  I'm still scratching my head on why they decided to have such a huge "grassy" area behind the amphitheater when they could have positioned the amp another couple hundred feet north with a smaller grassy area to allow for larger crowds.  (yes...I'm beating that dead horse again).  :shades:

• Like 1

Great photos!  I'm still scratching my head on why they decided to have such a huge "grassy" area behind the amphitheater when they could have positioned the amp another couple hundred feet north with a smaller grassy area to allow for larger crowds.  (yes...I'm beating that dead horse again).  :shades:

Agreed, especially since the amphitheater itself kind of physically cuts that grassy area off from the rest of the park.  I'm afraid it'll become somewhat of a deadzone.

Regarding the grassy area, it's supposedly big enough for soccer games. That was part of the original plan.

A soccer field doesn't seem like the best use of that land.  I mean, I understand it's a green area / park...but it still seems like they had council members who kept splitting a vote and couldn't decide on an amphitheater or a park / soccer field...so they just cut the land in half and did both.