Greater Greenville Economic Developments

GvilleSC

^^^Read the comment i'm talking about at the bottom of this article discussing this announcement: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....INESS/702090331 Does Caterpillar have anything here? Remember all the billboards along Interstate 85 promoting them. Hmmm.

Since there is a new Caterpillar plant just off I-26 in Newberry County (Exit 76 I believe), I wonder if they really would be interested in expanding two counties to the north??? Why not expand where there is plenty of land and where they already have a large industrial presence? I was truly hoping that this announcement had something to do with Michelin and their billion+ $$ contract that they were recently awarded for military vehicles and aircraft. Hmmmm...maybe we will still see something from this??? 2007 could be a good year...

I have just received word from the guy who said the company started with a "C" that it's NOT Caterpillar, so that narrows it down somewhat.

I have no idea what is going on here. Who could it be?

Just to make sure I'm clear:

-It is a company that already has a presence here, but not necessarily a headquarters here

-It is industrial (are we sure about this)?

-It required cooperation between several entities to make this happen

-This will be big news...big enough to have a press conference/banquet with the Governor present

:wacko:

I have no idea what is going on here. Who could it be?

Just to make sure I'm clear:

-It is a company that already has a presence here, but not necessarily a headquarters here

-It is industrial (are we sure about this)?

-It required cooperation between several entities to make this happen

-This will be big news...big enough to have a press conference/banquet with the Governor present

:wacko:

Also, it is definitely in the county, and is a publicly-traded company

Well, what do we actually KNOW, and what is hearsay? Where was it stated that it will be an expansion instead of a new company for Greenville? Honestly, the starts with C stuff sounds like a rumor as well, someone at the paper or something just teasing.

I think all that we actually know is that its an economic development for Greenville Country, serious enough to warrant a visit from the governor, so likely many jobs and a bunch of cash.

Other than that, do we have any actual facts?

Where did this "starts with C" idea come from? Unless I'm overlooking it, I can't find any reporting on this "starts with C" idea, only peoples thoughts and responses.

The Greenville News comment section on an article about this announcement- from someone who supposedly works for the company.

------

I was just thinking of how cool it would be if it were a major expansion of something like our biodiesel industry. But that would be Spinx.

Where was it stated that it will be an expansion instead of a new company for Greenville?

The Greenville News article had this quote in it:

"Kirven said he wasn't at liberty to share details, but he said it involves an expansion of an industry already in the county."

The "starts with C" and "Hwy25, manufacturing info" is in the comments section and could be total BS.

The Greenville News article had this quote in it:

"Kirven said he wasn't at liberty to share details, but he said it involves an expansion of an industry already in the county."

Interesting he said expansion of an "industry" and not expansion of a "company". This could be the automotive industry, banking industry, engineering industry, etc, etc.

Just throwing this out, but CDS Ensembles has a facility on HWY25/276 that is one of the sites identified for redevelopment.

btoy, Is this the building on the right as you come in to T.R. I think across from McDonald's

If so it is going to be torn down, and a Walgreen's and some small shop's are going on the site.

Edited by maninthepark

btoy, Is this the building on the right as you come in to T.R. I think across from McDonald's

If so it is going to be torn down, and a Walgreen's and some small shop's are going on the site.

Ya, that is the one, I don't think that it has anything to do with the announcement though.

The Cliffs Valley starts with a "C" and is located along Highway 25. Just throwing this out here too like btoy did.

What industry would you place The Cliffs in though? I would be very surprised if this announcement had anything to do with them. However, I do love surprises. :)

Something tells me this involves The Matrix business park, near Donaldson Center and I-185.

I think this could be anything, based on two key pieces of info:

1. Upon further review, the Greenville News article says it's an expansion of an existing industry, and not necessarily an existing company.

2. John Boyanoski said it's a publicly-traded company.

Yes, they do kind of contradict one another. I am inclined to believe that both are right, even though both emphasize a different element.