Greater Greenville Economic Developments

GvilleSC

Yes, they do kind of contradict one another. I am inclined to believe that both are right, even though both emphasize a different element.

The more I talk to people, and the less they say, it seems to me at least...it has to be a company that is moving in from somewhere else and it is likely one of the industries the state Commerce Department/ GADC has set as a target such as aviation, automotive, advanced materials, plastics etc...which of course means it could be any company out there right now.

The more I talk to people, and the less they say, it seems to me at least...it has to be a company that is moving in from somewhere else and it is likely one of the industries the state Commerce Department/ GADC has set as a target such as aviation, automotive, advanced materials, plastics etc...which of course means it could be any company out there right now.

That is very likely. I know that Greenville has hoped to land a major pharmacuetical plant along the Southern Connector (I-185) for several years, so that is another possibility. The Matrix (a business & technology park) was originally designed specifically for such a development. It would definitely bring significant investment and a high number of jobs.

Edited by Skyliner

That is very likely. I know that Greenville has hoped to land a major pharmacuetical plant along the Southern Connector (I-185) for several years, so that is another possibility. The Matrix (a business & technology park) was originally designed specifically for such a development. It would definitely bring significant investment and a high number of jobs.

Especially since it's a publicly-traded company. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure why, but I like the pharmaceutical guess. Probably my RTP roots.

Going with C though, maybe Chrysler? The new automotive model is to move down here to escape the unions up north. It really is the only way American Auto companies are going to survive. Stupid guess I am sure, just throwing it out there.

Manufacturing, but I'd probably get in trouble if I made the announcement with my sources, so I will let G-Man say it for sure. However, the company has sent out a press release saying $150 milliom, 225 jobs, but I know state officials still are anxious. And yes, it begins with a C

Thanks.

G-man, you need to spill the beans here. I'm really confused.....McDonalds or Wal-Mart....smiles.....manufacturing but not distribution, starts with a "C". Only thing I can think of is Chipotle....McDonalds owns or did own them. How would that be manufacturing though? I am so completely stumped on this one. :lol:

I'm excited as this is a much larger number than I had heard, but also let down, as I knew about this. I thought it was something new. Anyway, excellent news! Significant number of jobs in a high tech industry. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

See previous post from December in the new jobs thread.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...23796&st=40

That is to funny that you beat everyone to this months ago. Does that count as UP effect?