UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

sounds good...out of curiosity, what's the price range.

Price range of Stella's was roughly $14-$21 for an entree I believe... I think there may have been one thing that was $25 or so. No idea what their lunch prices will be like. But it is REALLY nice to see something affordable and unique go in amidst all the chain restaurants over there.

As for the location, I can't remember what's across from it because we are not in Simpsonville that often... but from 385, you go through a couple of red lights and the turn in is right after a vet's office, and just before you get to the Target.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday after church, my wife, baby and I went to Maharaja for lunch. This is the 3rd time we've been there and once again it was awesome. Maharaja is an Indian buffet in Simpsonville in a little nondescript shopping center off of Fairview Rd. What's unique is that unlike most buffets that are only open during the weekdays, Maharaja is a buffet 7 days a week. The food is very fresh and very flavorful, and I'm glad S'ville got an ethnic restaurant like this (now we just need one here in Greertucky, heck we don't even have a Thai place yet frown.gif). We love Indian food and have tried every one in town and Maharaja is right up there with the best.

If you've never had Indian or are reluctant to try it, fear not the food is very tasty. This place has been open since June so I hope it'll make it. Check it out, you won't be disappointed and the staff and owners are very nice.

Sunday after church, my wife, baby and I went to Maharaja for lunch. This is the 3rd time we've been there and once again it was awesome. Maharaja is an Indian buffet in Simpsonville in a little nondescript shopping center off of Fairview Rd. What's unique is that unlike most buffets that are only open during the weekdays, Maharaja is a buffet 7 days a week. The food is very fresh and very flavorful, and I'm glad S'ville got an ethnic restaurant like this (now we just need one here in Greertucky, heck we don't even have a Thai place yet frown.gif). We love Indian food and have tried every one in town and Maharaja is right up there with the best.

If you've never had Indian or are reluctant to try it, fear not the food is very tasty. This place has been open since June so I hope it'll make it. Check it out, you won't be disappointed and the staff and owners are very nice.

I will second that recommendation, my wife and i have been on several occasions although we have not been during the buffet hours. The food is always good, Saffron is probably still the better one around, but Maharaja is nothing to complain about.

I will second that recommendation, my wife and i have been on several occasions although we have not been during the buffet hours. The food is always good, Saffron is probably still the better one around, but Maharaja is nothing to complain about.

I've eaten more than my share of Indian food. In terms of the best Indian restaurant I think it has to be Swad. Second to that would be Handi's (downtown). I have not yed tried Maharaja but will definitely give it a try.

I've eaten more than my share of Indian food. In terms of the best Indian restaurant I think it has to be Swad. Second to that would be Handi's (downtown). I have not yed tried Maharaja but will definitely give it a try.

Swad is definitely good but everytime i have been there it has taken entirely too long to get my food, it was absurd. It was good once i actually got it though.

Swad is definitely good but everytime i have been there it has taken entirely too long to get my food, it was absurd. It was good once i actually got it though.

Yeah if you order a Dosa it takes a LONG time. Everything else I've ever gotten has been real quick though. Anyone know if any of hte other local Indian places offer dosas?

Where is Swad? I've never heard of it; I thought we had tried all of the Indian places in town. Now I've gotta another one to try. Poor me. :rolleyes:

Where is Swad? I've never heard of it; I thought we had tried all of the Indian places in town. Now I've gotta another one to try. Poor me. :rolleyes:

Swad is on Laurens Road across from The Great Escape (not far from where Pleasantburg passes under Laurens). It is a smaller space. They have vegetarian entrees, but the food is fresh and well-prepared.

I still want to try Handi downtown. Judging by their web site, it seems to be decorated really well and provide a nice atmosphere unlike what you typically find at an Indian restaurant. :)

Just to add on to the description - it is very small. You typically order at the counter and then wait for your food. The owners are very nice.

They are the only Indian restaurant I know of in town that has dosas (South Indian food) and everything is vegetarian.

• 1 month later...

I hear a local Greenvillian has franchised a Mooyah Burger. Would be the first outside of Texas, and also only the 6th or so location in the 1 year old company. I hear good things about them, but have never tried them.

http://www.mooyah.com/the-wow-factor/

Looks a lot like Five Guys, only with shakes added to the menu...nothing wrong with that. :thumbsup: They're from Texas, so I wonder if they'll have a pot of beans in lieu of Five Guys' Peanuts, though? There's a place out in Texas (Tyler, Longview, Marshall) called Jucy's that has out of this world burgers...and beans.

Wade Hampton in Taylors. It's in the same little shopping center as Mr. Salsa. I love the concept in theory and my wife and I actually stopped by on the 4th but they were closed early for the holiday; however $4 for a cupcake, in this economy, in that area? I give her 6 months. I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.upstatecupcake.com/

Believe it or not a 2nd cupcake place has opened up, Cupcake Couture on Pelham Rd. :dontknow:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like someone is FINALLY taking over the old Tony Roma's location on Beacon Drive (restaurant row). It was a little dark and foggy tonight, but I think the sign said "American", as in the name of the restaurant. Anybody got the scoop? I'm curious. I google'd everything I could possibly think of, but couldn't find anything.

Looks like someone is FINALLY taking over the old Tony Roma's location on Beacon Drive (restaurant row). It was a little dark and foggy tonight, but I think the sign said "American", as in the name of the restaurant. Anybody got the scoop? I'm curious. I google'd everything I could possibly think of, but couldn't find anything.

"American Pie Factory". Pizza, wings and bar. Not sure if they are local or a chain. I know of a few American Pies in Florida, but they are called American Pie Pizza Company. Thinking this one in Greenville might be local.

"American Pie Factory". Pizza, wings and bar. Not sure if they are local or a chain. I know of a few American Pies in Florida, but they are called American Pie Pizza Company. Thinking this one in Greenville might be local.

Very cool. Hopefully it will be a good place. :)

I wonder if Stifler's mom will be there? :lol:

Good news and bad news.

Bad: Carl Sobocinski just announced that Resaurant O will be closing at the end of next year (2009).

Good: He also announced that he will be opening a new restaurant at 116 S. Main St. in early 2009.

The announcement from their recent e-newsletter is as follows:

Friday, November 21, 2008There are a lot of stories and water cooler talk going around about The Table 301 Restaurants, and I want to share some interesting, but at the same time exciting news with you.

It is no secret that running a business in today's market is extremely challenging, but at the same time it causes us to be pro-active and to listen to our customers and pay attention to what the consumer wants. With that being said, we are pleased to share with you all that the Table 301 restaurants are doing well and are going to continue to offer you the highest quality food and service. We will make a change to one of the restaurants at the end of the year and bring to you what we are confident will be a great addition to the downtown dining scene.

The Times They Are A-Changin

You provided conflicting dates regarding the closure of Restaurant O. I am assuming it will be at the end of this year, since Carl himself stated that. The new restaurant will open in the same space that Restaurant O currently occupies.

Sorry about that! You are right, it will close at the end of this year and he says it will re-open next year as a different restaurant. I hadn't noticed that the address for the new restaurant was the same as O.

Archived