CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

The Greenville News has an article about ONE on its website. They say that office space interest is high and they plan to announce additional tenants before the end of the year! Also, the 10,000 square foot retailer at the corner of Main and Washington is very much interested, but are focused on Christmas right now. They'll be back in discussions in the new year.

Some interesting facts: Barnes and Nobles range in size from 3,000 (probably college bookstores?) to 60,000 sq ft. The average store is 26,000 sq ft.

Something Grand? Aw, c'mon, That's just TEASING. :)

What rumors have you heard? We've seen the preliminary "sketch," but could the "signature tower" be something we can call a landmark? (And we don't mean landmark like a name someone slaps on the Daniel Building!)

So what can we be seeing here - an architectual masterpiece? An engineering marvel? 80 stories of graceful glass and steel? How about the worlds largest treehouse? What???

(Yeah, I'm a little wound up with anticipation. Adding to the skyline is always a thrill. I'm sure there must be some meds I can take, but let me enjoy this moment....)

That's just the phases that are currently under construction. So, we've technically never seen more than what we already know is being built...

Not quite. Notice the building in the background of the image with the spire and confetti coming out of the top. :)

Edited by citylife

Not quite. Notice the building in the background of the image with the spire and confetti coming out of the top. :)

Unfortunately, that is a poor representation of the nine floor phase one tower, not a third tower. Funny how we were duped into believing one of the two new midrises would be a "signature" highrise.

Unfortunately, that is a poor representation of the nine floor phase one tower, not a third tower. Funny how we were duped into believing one of the two new midrises would be a "signature" highrise.

Ohhh....you're right. :blush: Didn't even notice it was the same shape/design of the nine story building until now.

Actually, I thought the same as Skyliner, but looking at the drawing again, the spired building is set back behind another building that sits in front of it.

I believe the spire is sitting atop the circulation core (much like the rendering we've since seen). I think we can assume that this was value engineered out of the design and thus this image and the other image with a spire on the 9 story tower are both early editions.

DPC has approved phase I of the project in a vote of 3-2. Oh and received these from somebody I know at TIC Properties earlier today:

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

As this rendering depicts.

Thanks to CITYLIFE for re-posting what I called "the preliminary sketch." (Including the "confetti shooting out the spire." HA!)

GvilleSC's photos above really show the project in better detail. Darn. No 80-story skyline-changing landmark in this rendering. It's a great project, but not what I - an admitted architectually-stunted moron - would call "signature."

Worst of all, it looks like they've gotten rid of the spewing confetti. My enthusiasm suddenly wanes. :shades: