CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

I checked a bunch of websites and it is not these upscale retailers that you might expect:

Z-Gallerie

Restoration Hardware

Lacoste

BCBG (already has a store inside Dillard's Haywood)

Brooks Brothers (has a store in Asheville...not sure why not in Greenville yet)

Victoria's Secret (more likely...but not true either)

West Elm

Sur La Table

Bebe

I really don't think that most of these are too ridiculous, but if they were to open I would see them open at the Haywood Mall rather than downtown, with most of these stores. Most are on par (if not slightly more upscale) with Anthropologie, except Victoria's Secret, of course.

Unfortunately, I can't think of much else. Why can't they just tell us already?

Nothing from Ralph Lauren, Swarovski, Crate & Barrel, 7 For All Mankind, Lucky Brand, Tommy Bahama, Crocs, The Container Store, Steve Madden, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, Oakley, Fossil, Lulu Lemon, or A{sodEmoji.|}X. We'll find it eventually...right? :rolleyes:

Edited by citylife

Any restaurant options?

Checked several restaurants. Nothing from California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, Morton's, Maggiano's, or McCormick & Schmick's. I even tried a mix between the two like Trader Joe's. Nothing there either.

Edited by citylife

Bass Pro Shops or IKEA? Pssh....it's not those. It's clearly Saks Fifth Avenue or Neiman Marcus instead. :silly:

Why say you know something that is clearly public knowledge and then not share?? Sounds kind of shady to me. Why bother saying you know anything at all? What was the purpose? Maybe he just like to watch himself type haha.

Not the first time gsupstate has pulled this trick. :whistling: Just sayin....

Edited by citylife
  • Like 1

Bass Pro Shops or IKEA? Pssh....it's not those. It's clearly Saks Fifth Avenue or Neiman Marcus instead. :silly: Not the first time gsupstate has pulled this trick. :whistling: Just sayin....
Call your "supposed" friend at the newspaper if you have a problem with my info. Call the developer. 1 additional lease signed and it is on a website "coming soon". Period. Edited by gsupstate

Call your "supposed" friend at the newspaper if you have a problem with my info. Call the developer. 1 additional lease signed and it is on a website "coming soon". Period.

If it's on the retailer's website like you claim then why can't you tell us who it is? My G-News contact doesn't know who signed this additional retail lease or if one has even been signed at the present time.

Edited by citylife

Bass Pro Shops or IKEA? Pssh....it's not those. It's clearly Saks Fifth Avenue or Neiman Marcus instead. :silly:

Not the first time gsupstate has pulled this trick. :whistling: Just sayin....

Agreed. I've pointed this out as well and gsupstate goes nuts whenever it's pointed out that his "predictions" which so often are based on secret insider information or whatever don't come true.

If it's on the retailer's website like you claim then why can't you tell us who it is? My G-News contact doesn't know who signed this additional retail lease or if one has even been signed at the present time.

Well then. That's that. I'm just simply wrong. Now carry on with the personal attacks g-man/citylife and mallguy. Enjoy.

If a national chain retailer did list Greenville on its "future store openings" list, wouldn't at least one of the following also have happened?

(1) The page would show up through an Internet search;

(2) The developer would have added a mention of the store to the project's website; and/or

(3) The retailer and/or the developer would have issued a press release

I haven't seen any of these happen.