CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

TIC Properties, that is part of the One Greenville project, what would be phase three, my understanding is that will be the largest of the towers in the project.

Now that's an interesting tidbit!

Hopefully we will continue to see pretty good absorption of office space in the CBD and maybe the potential phase III won't be too far out. (assuming it's office space)

TIC Properties, that is part of the One Greenville project, what would be phase three, my understanding is that will be the largest of the towers in the project.

Excellent! That lines up with what I heard. It was my understanding that this piece of land would hold the true "signature" tower. It seems things are rapdily progressing behind the scenes on this portion.

Very interesting. Don't buildings over a certain height have to be set back a certain distance from Main Street? And is it only Main Street with that law? Perhaps this would be a good way to get around being able to have a large tower butt right up against the road.

I'm pretty sure that this only applies to Main Street. For example, the new Riverwalk building (Camperdown, Rhett), Bookends I (McBee), Bookends II (Washington), and Main @ Broad (Broad, Laurens) all would breech that law if it applied to streets other than Main.

Very interesting. Don't buildings over a certain height have to be set back a certain distance from Main Street? And is it only Main Street with that law? Perhaps this would be a good way to get around being able to have a large tower butt right up against the road.

There is no law regarding this. There is only a guideline with the DPC stating mid/high-rise buildings along Main Street need setbacks. This is why phase II of ONE is able to get built even though it is a highrise built up against the Main Street sidewalk with no setback.

My pleasure vicupstate. :)

Didn't realize they were going to fence off every piece of sidewalk and parking spots along Main and Washington Streets in front of the site. Oh well...I can live with it. :thumbsup: This project is well worth it. Around half of Piazza Bergamo is also now fenced off. Where is Heidi's dog going to poop now? :P

Edited by citylife

Lots of new equipment arriving on site including mobile crane. Tower crane base and rebar starting to go in also. Definitely the most activity I have seen since the project started construction. Pic of site to come later today.

Edited by citylife