CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

My Greenville News contact got in touch with Hughes this morning and is telling me that a lease has not been signed yet by another national retailer with it posted on their website.

From God's mouth to our ears. That's that.

My eyes and ears just lie to me, about the info I've seen and been told.

Be sure your Greenville News guy keeps us updated, because I put a great deal of faith in everything the Greenville Snooze prints. :good:

Not saying you're wrong gsupstate. I'm just stating what I was told. Don't shoot the messenger. :thumbsup:

Rudolph Bell. Business writer.

I'll say it, then. Gsupstate: until you can back up your claims with a brand name of a store, supported by either (1) a press release stating that a lease has been signed, (2) a reputable news article stating that a lease has been signed or (3) a national retailer website with a store at Main & Washington listed as "Coming Soon" (or similar label), I will not give you any credibility.

A developer of a project with retail space for lease would typically not hesitate to announce a lease signing of a reputable tenant.

Edited by mallguy

I'll say it, then. Gsupstate: until you can back up your claims with a brand name of a store, supported by either (1) a press release stating that a lease has been signed, (2) a reputable news article stating that a lease has been signed or (3) a national retailer website with a store at Main & Washington listed as "Coming Soon" (or similar label), I will not give you any credibility.

A developer of a project with retail space for lease would typically not hesitate to announce a lease signing of a reputable tenant.

Getting off topic but I will say this-

I hate going against gsupstate and tried to stay away from it but due to some recent developments i'm going to have to finally agree with you mallguy. I remember when gsuspstate stated that tenants from Z Gallerie to Urban Outfitters were coming to Magnolia Park. Can't forget about Haywood Mall with tenants like Anthropologie either. None of these ever came true. To anybody who thinks i'm wrong regarding the additional national retailer at ONE, just remember who was the first one to state that REI was coming here, first one to make Reedy Square along with Crescent Place public on this forum, give groundbreaking dates for ONE and Peacock, reveal USC Moore School of Business planning to come to downtown Greenville, amount of office space leased/remaining at RiverWalk, etc. I'm not the same person I was when the Pinnacle on Main was in the works thank goodness. This isn't trying to brag but rather proof over who is more likely to be right in this case. If i'm wrong which I hope I am oddily enough and gsupstate is right then i'll eat crow and gladly enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Oh and regarding the bashing lately: I will defend this city I was born, raised, and still live in no matter what. If you have a problem with that then take it up with my supervisor...the City of Greenville.

Edited by citylife

Getting off topic but I will say this- I hate going against gsupstate and tried to stay away from it but due to some recent developments i'm going to have to finally agree with you mallguy. I remember when gsuspstate stated that tenants from Z Gallerie to Urban Outfitters were coming to Magnolia Park. Can't forget about Haywood Mall with tenants like Anthropologie either. None of these ever came true. To anybody who thinks i'm wrong regarding the additional national retailer at ONE, just remember who was the first one to state that REI was coming here, first one to make Reedy Square along with Crescent Place public on this forum, give groundbreaking dates for ONE and Peacock, reveal USC Moore School of Business planning to come to downtown Greenville, amount of office space leased/remaining at RiverWalk, etc. I'm not the same person I was when the Pinnacle on Main was in the works thank goodness. This isn't trying to brag but rather proof over who is more likely to be right in this case. If i'm wrong which I hope I am oddily enough and gsupstate is right then i'll eat crow and gladly enjoy it. :thumbsup: Oh and regarding the bashing lately: I will defend this city I was born, raised, and still live in no matter what. If you have a problem with that then take it up with my supervisor...the City of Greenville.

Well said sir.

Citylife, thanks, and the information that you provide is very valuable. I'm also a native (but now just visit pretty frequently) and thanks in large part to you, this board is a very valuable source for real estate news, which I find fascinating. Southeast Real Estate Business and a few other sites are also good, but not as current or comprehensive.

Re: other things on this board--I just don't see the point in posting unsubstantiated rumors as fact.

greenville_1.jpg

I'm sure it has been discussed and I'm late to the party, but the second tower's bands of alternating concrete and brick appear to be woven as a tribute to Greenville's textile heritage. It's an interesting touch with a nod to our history.

:) I posted the same observation on another forum on 11/11/11 at 11pm:
Anyone else notice the "woven" pattern on the second phase façade? Homage to the city's textile heritage.

Getting off topic but I will say this-

I hate going against gsupstate and tried to stay away from it but due to some recent developments i'm going to have to finally agree with you mallguy. I remember when gsuspstate stated that tenants from Z Gallerie to Urban Outfitters were coming to Magnolia Park. Can't forget about Haywood Mall with tenants like Anthropologie either. None of these ever came true. To anybody who thinks i'm wrong regarding the additional national retailer at ONE, just remember who was the first one to state that REI was coming here, first one to make Reedy Square along with Crescent Place public on this forum, give groundbreaking dates for ONE and Peacock, reveal USC Moore School of Business planning to come to downtown Greenville, amount of office space leased/remaining at RiverWalk, etc. I'm not the same person I was when the Pinnacle on Main was in the works thank goodness. This isn't trying to brag but rather proof over who is more likely to be right in this case. If i'm wrong which I hope I am oddily enough and gsupstate is right then i'll eat crow and gladly enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Oh and regarding the bashing lately: I will defend this city I was born, raised, and still live in no matter what. If you have a problem with that then take it up with my supervisor...the City of Greenville.

Shall we go through these forums and bring up your hundreds and hundreds of incorrect post....the ones you go back and edit a day later once you read the correct info online? Glad you are a good messenger gman/Citylife, but reporting info others post on other forums, is hardly anything to be proud of. Still stands. One additional space has been leased. Don't like my info? Put me on ignore. That's certainly where I'll put you.

Clemson University announced today that it would occupy 70,000 square feet in the One development under construction downtown along Main Street.

Clemson spokesman John Gouch said the university is evaluating academic programs that will be a good fit for downtown.

He said demand is high for business degree programs now housed at Clemson at the Falls, the downtown office building next to Liberty Bridge and Falls Park.

• Like 1

http://www.clemson.edu/media-relations/article.php?article_id=4142%20%20 Clemson has had lots of success in DT Greenville and the ONE lease is in addition to the Bowater lease. I wonder if this lease is in addition to the space that was already mentioned as spoken for.

Edit: I have the feeling the 'Bookstore' will be a Clemson student (text) bookstore with Tiger merchandise and also 'mass market' books. No inside info, just a hunch.

Edited by vicupstate

Awesome! This is going to be a great addition to downtown, and I'm glad to see that it is in addition to the "Clemson at the Falls" location!

I'm trying to remember: Did we ever find out where USC was locating their downtown Greenville operations? All I recall was that its size was very small... like 1600 sf.

Edited by GvilleSC