Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

Ah. I would have to agree. I love that place; we were just there a couple of weeks ago. Not shiny and new, but beautiful in a classic way.

I admit, I was kind of hoping the Promenade would be like the Mall of Georgia - half (BIG) mall, half lifestyle center with few cars inside the latter.

But, it still looks intriguing at night...looking forward to its opening.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know. The plaza in KC is pretty amazing, IMO.

Country Club Plaza is a monster! But, I covered that base when I said "Maybe not as impressive as about 50 other open-air malls in the country that are located in ultra-rich markets, but very impressive to say the least." Country Club Plaza may not be in an "ultra-rich" market, but a whole helluva lot richer than anywhere in NWA. There are at least 4 zip codes around the Plaza with median incomes well over $50,000.

Well for starters several of the Pinnacle Hills Promenade tenants are firsts for Arkansas, including Sephora, The Body Shop and Fish City Grill and many are firsts for NWA. This isn't a large metro like Tulsa, Little Rock or Springfield so I wouldn't expect anything more upscale anytime soon.

As for the design it will be more impressive than anything else in Arkansas, Oklahoma or Missouri. Maybe not as impressive as about 50 other open-air malls in the country that are located in ultra-rich markets, but very impressive to say the least. Here are some more renders of Pinnacle Hills Promenade for your viewing pleasure:

Thanks for posting the pictures....however, that most of the pictures don't look like its going to. The first picture is from several years ago before they decided to allows cars in the place. The pictures are nice, however, not quite like the promenade is going to look like.

Malls often continue to shape themselves. I'm looking very much forward to Pinnacle despite the cynicism I'm already hearing. This is not KC or a some other overly-expensive area, but I know a lot of upscale communities in Chicago, LA, and other markets who would have liked what we're getting here.

Country Club Plaza is a monster! But, I covered that base when I said "Maybe not as impressive as about 50 other open-air malls in the country that are located in ultra-rich markets, but very impressive to say the least." Country Club Plaza may not be in an "ultra-rich" market, but a whole helluva lot richer than anywhere in NWA. There are at least 4 zip codes around the Plaza with median incomes well over $50,000.

I love the Plaza. It's was a lifestyle center before lifestyle centers were cool. Nothing like that could ever be built today, though.

I've got an odd question. I'm already getting some Christmas lists and thinking about that. I'm getting some calls for kitchen supplies and such. Does anyone know if there's going to be any sort of kitchen supply related store up there? There used to be a kitchen supplies store in Springdale's outlet mall but it closed a while back and I'm still looking for another good place.

Thanks for posting the pictures....however, that most of the pictures don't look like its going to. The first picture is from several years ago before they decided to allows cars in the place. The pictures are nice, however, not quite like the promenade is going to look like.

Respectfully, that first render is exactly how the Pinnacle Hills Promenade will look. Let me correct that, PHP will look even better than the renders. The angle only shows the Great Lawn area (still included in the design). The original design has ALWAYS included cars in the main street portion of the PHP. The only area that has never allowed cars since the conception of PHP is the Great Lawn area.

I've got an odd question. I'm already getting some Christmas lists and thinking about that. I'm getting some calls for kitchen supplies and such. Does anyone know if there's going to be any sort of kitchen supply related store up there? There used to be a kitchen supplies store in Springdale's outlet mall but it closed a while back and I'm still looking for another good place.

I don't know of any. Mikasa could be coming to the area, but they are a high-end kitchenette store. I would say you're best luck is either Wal-Mart or Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

I don't know of any. Mikasa could be coming to the area, but they are a high-end kitchenette store. I would say you're best luck is either Wal-Mart or Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

I hadn't heard any news so just thought I would ask. Guess I'm stuck with Bed, Bath and Beyond or Dillards.

I did a google search on Pinnacle Hills Promenade, and this comes up as the 9th response.

Yeah I think a lot of our guests are hitting this topic as well. It used to have close to the number of views that some of the other topics had. Now it's well past the other topics in the forum.

Head to Tulsa, Mith. We don't have a good kitchen store in NWA.

I've not been out and looked at this mall myself, but I was recently up in Des Moines, Iowa on a quick trip, and I went by Jordan Creek Town Center while I was there. It was really interesting, and very attractive. Being built by the same group, I'd hoped/imagined this mall would turn out similarly. Anyone else been up to Jordan Creek and can comment on how it compares?

I've not been out and looked at this mall myself, but I was recently up in Des Moines, Iowa on a quick trip, and I went by Jordan Creek Town Center while I was there. It was really interesting, and very attractive. Being built by the same group, I'd hoped/imagined this mall would turn out similarly. Anyone else been up to Jordan Creek and can comment on how it compares?

The wizard...sorry, when I read your handle it reminded me of Peter Boyle's character ("That's why they call me 'the wizard'.") in the 70s film "Taxi Driver".

People linked to it earlier, but here's the Jordan Creek Town Center web site once again.

The wizard...sorry, when I read your handle it reminded me of Peter Boyle's character ("That's why they call me 'the wizard'.") in the 70s film "Taxi Driver".

People linked to it earlier, but here's the Jordan Creek Town Center web site once again.

No, no... I've physically BEEN to Jordan Creek Town Center, about a month ago. I was wondering, from the people who've gone out to Pinnacle, if they found it somewhat similar. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It is quite similar, believe me, I've posted about how Jordan Creek Towne Center does look like the Promenade. Jordan Creek is a bit bigger though, and is two floors.

80,000 sq.ft. of the Pinnacle Hills Promenade will be 2nd story space. I'm kind of curious as to what offices will be located in the Promenade. I would guess attorneys, doctors and maybe travel agents. There might even be some art galleries in there too.

No, no... I've physically BEEN to Jordan Creek Town Center, about a month ago. I was wondering, from the people who've gone out to Pinnacle, if they found it somewhat similar. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The Wizard...it's OK, you made it clear from the first that you'd actually visited the center.

I just furnished the web site so others could see the mall that you'd personally seen...I thought the Des Moines place looked very nice. Do the pics on its web site do it "justice"?

80,000 sq.ft. of the Pinnacle Hills Promenade will be 2nd story space. I'm kind of curious as to what offices will be located in the Promenade. I would guess attorneys, doctors and maybe travel agents. There might even be some art galleries in there too.

All of the 80,000 sq. feet will be office space unfortunately. But, the Dillards & JC Penny will be two floors I believe.

I received an invitation today (in the mail) for a special preview of the new Lane Bryant/Cacique stores in the Promenade. The date is next Thursday, Sept. 21, so I was a little surprised. I was under the impression that all of the stores would be opening simultaneously on Oct. 4th. The mailer states that I'm invited to bring a friend (and save 40%, which is the employee rate), plus, receive 20% off Sept 22-25. Cool! Makes me wonder what else will be opening early.

I've heard JC Penny or Dillards might be opening early.

The sooner, the better! I'm not actually wanting to shop all that much, I just want to get a good look at the place. I'll be the type who will spend my Mom's Day Out at the Promenade, enjoying the ambience and pampering myself with a good coffee; then dropping all my money at Wal-mart on the way home.

The Wizard...it's OK, you made it clear from the first that you'd actually visited the center.

I just furnished the web site so others could see the mall that you'd personally seen...I thought the Des Moines place looked very nice. Do the pics on its web site do it "justice"?

Ah, sorry about that. I misunderstood your post. The mall there is very attractive, but not so much for the building design (it's attractive enough, but alone the buildings wouldn't be that impressive), but for the way it's set up. The landscaping (lake, fountains, waterfall, lots of walk paths around lake, etc.) is very nice, but several of the big-box retailers aren't easy to get to. Best Buy, Costco, etc. are stores separated off that you basically have to drive to due to the way the traffic runs through the complex. I'm concerned, looking at the Pinnacle layout, that it won't be very pedestrian friendly in areas, but I guess that remains to be seen. Otherwise, I was very impressed. The inside is a bit nicer than most malls I've been in, the most impressive thing though was the food court with a huge fake tree and lots of modern art looking things hanging from the ceiling (leaves, I believe) and sky lights. I'll definitely be dropping by Pinnacle shortly after it officially opens to see how it compares.

All of the 80,000 sq. feet will be office space unfortunately. But, the Dillards & JC Penny will be two floors I believe.

I understand, but I believe some of those office spaces could be leased as art galleries or something like that.

The sooner, the better! I'm not actually wanting to shop all that much, I just want to get a good look at the place. I'll be the type who will spend my Mom's Day Out at the Promenade, enjoying the ambience and pampering myself with a good coffee; then dropping all my money at Wal-mart on the way home.

I'm anxious for the sales. Even Branson Landing had some awesome sales going on when I visited a week ago. The Roboraptor at The Discovery Channel Store was on sale for $79 when at Wal-Mart you can buy it for $99. Branson Landing also had free coupon books with some awesome savings in it for many stores and restaurants and I'm hoping our Promenade will have something like that.

Archived