Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how many stores will there be at the promenade???

Hey nwa_479, welcome to the forum. :D One of the Rogers people would probably have a better idea than me. But I was thinking it was something around 160 shops/restuarants. Not sure how many restaurants would make up that figure. But hopefully someone will be able to give you a more concrete answer.

how many stores will there be at the promenade???

I'm not sure if it's changed, but there should be around 100 retail stores and the restaurants and outparcels should bring the total tenants to around 130. It's not quite the number of tenants that will set Pinnacle Promenade above most malls (NWA Mall has just over 100 tenants), but it'll be the size and style of the Promenade stores and restaurants that will impress visitors the most.

PAYLESS!!! What the...? What's next a Dollar Tree? Maybe in my dreams. :D

That is a little shocking to see a payless store go into whats suppose to be a high end mall......but then again that is just the look of the mall.

I also posted this in NW Arkansas Restaurant Development but I wanted to post if here as well:

Fish City Grill coming to Pinnacle Hills Fall 2006

In today's Dem Gazette page 4f there is an announcment of this "Hot New Concept" Fish City Grill coming to Pinncale Hills. They are looking for experienced kitchen managers.

The website is http://www.fishcitygrill.com

They have locations in the Dallas area and have some new ones coming soon. NW AR is not on there but it is in the paper.

I believe this is the "Sword Fish Grill" that is referred to at http://fortyfifth.com/PDF/45_aerial.pdf.

quote name='das450' date='Jul 20 2006, 10:01 PM' post='498837']

I also posted this in NW Arkansas Restaurant Development but I wanted to post if here as well:

In today's Dem Gazette page 4f there is an announcment of this "Hot New Concept" Fish City Grill coming to Pinncale Hills. They are looking for experienced kitchen managers.

They have locations in the Dallas area and have some new ones coming soon. NW AR is not on there but it is in the paper.

That is a little shocking to see a payless store go into whats suppose to be a high end mall......but then again that is just the look of the mall.

At least there will be something for everyone's taste and budget. It's no Dallas Galleria, but then I don't think it was ever meant to be.

I believe this is the "Sword Fish Grill" that is referred to at http://fortyfifth.com/PDF/45_aerial.pdf.

quote name='das450' date='Jul 20 2006, 10:01 PM' post='498837']

That's a nice restaurant according to their website and not too pricey. It'll make a good outparcel for the Pinnacle Promenade.

New tenants announced in the Morning News today:

Pefumania

Payless Shoe Source

Coach (a classy high end accessories store)

It's telling that Coach accessories is listed alongside Payless.

When you're a major metro area that doesn't know yet that you are one (remember how Bill Dillard ('s) had to convince local developers to think bigger and make this mall bigger?) it's not always easy for you to convince high-end neighbors to move to your town, er, city.

It's telling that Coach accessories is listed alongside Payless.

When you're a major metro area that doesn't know yet that you are one (remember how Bill Dillard ('s) had to convince local developers to think bigger and make this mall bigger?) it's not always easy for you to convince high-end neighbors to move to your town, er, city.

BTW, they're turning the lights on at night now on the parking lot (or at least they did Wednesday) plus the "Dillard's" sign at the Promenade.

And the lights are now on as someone mentioned earlier at more places around Pleasant crossing...the new Walgreen's store is really lit.

Add to that merely the construction lights of the new St. Mary's hospital, and it's fascinating to see, although the mall is a bit obscured from a distance. I believe the new Perry Road interchange will help remedy that problem.

I'd love to see what NWA looks like at night from a plane now when there are clear skies. There HAVE to be some folks flying cross continent who know other big cities (Nashville, Memphis, Tulsa, etc.) from the air who are saying "What IS that place?".

BTW, they're turning the lights on at night now on the parking lot (or at least they did Wednesday) plus the "Dillard's" sign at the Promenade.

And the lights are now on as someone mentioned earlier at more places around Pleasant crossing...the new Walgreen's store is really lit.

Add to that merely the construction lights of the new St. Mary's hospital, and it's fascinating to see, although the mall is a bit obscured from a distance. I believe the new Perry Road interchange will help remedy that problem.

I'd love to see what NWA looks like at night from a plane now when there are clear skies. There HAVE to be some folks flying cross continent who know other big cities (Nashville, Memphis, Tulsa, etc.) from the air who are saying "What IS that place?".

NWA is still a long way from having the imprint of those cities. It definitely isn't helped by the linearity of the cities, most of those other cities are basically circular we are a straight line. If NWA was as large east to west as it is north to south, it would definitely have a significant footprint in both day and night.

NWA is still a long way from having the imprint of those cities. It definitely isn't helped by the linearity of the cities, most of those other cities are basically circular we are a straight line. If NWA was as large east to west as it is north to south, it would definitely have a significant footprint in both day and night.

Jdevers, I remember (and I said it before here) people "oohing" and "aaahing" in January 2003 (before a TON of stuff now in the metro area was built) about the miles and miles of lights they saw in the NWA metroplex on a night flight from D/FW to XNA. They were even surprised at how many lights were around Siloam Springs then. There's so much new stuff now that wasn't there then it's not funny, though I agree about the sizes of Tulsa, Memphis, etc.

I'm almost wondering if NWA mightn't be turning "hammer-shaped" at night, from the air. From west Bella Vista (which is, admittedly, above much undeveloped (currently, pre-bypass) area in Hiwasse) to the east shore of Beaver Lake in east Rogers, is a pretty sizeable chunk of west/east or at least northwest/southeast mileage. I don't think Washington County has the west/east development yet that Benton has, even though Siloam Springs is indeed straight west of Springdale, I believe.

I'm not sure what's happened to Matt as he's always updated the tenant list, so I'm going to update the master list.

Up to date list:

Jos A. Bank Clothiers

Ann Taylor Loft

Build A Bear Workshop

JC Penny

Dillards

Malco 12 Screen Theatre

Hollister

Coldwater Creek

CJ Banks

Christopher & Banks

Sharper Image, The

The Children's Place

White House/ Black Market

LIDS Hat Store

PF Chang's Chinese Bistro

Journey's

GNC Natural Nutrition Center

American Eagle

Victoria's Secret

Bath and Body Works

Lane Bryant

Yankee Candle Co

Gymboree

Borders, Books, and Music

Brighton Collectibles

Hot Topic

Select Comfort

Forever 21

Trade Secret

Fossil

Brighton

Regis Salon

Limited Too

The Icing

Claire's

Aeropostale

Haagen Dazs

Mimi's Cafe

Kay's Jewlers

Banana Republic

New York & Company

Sephora

Cache

Melody's Choices

Stride Rite

The Picture People

Charlotte Russe

Finish Line

Chinese Gourmet Food Express

Sunglass Hut

Pefumania

Payless Shoe Source

Coach

Candy Craze

J.Jill

That's 56 tenants, including all the anchors and most of the full-service restaurants. That leaves roughly 74 tenants left to be announced. With only 72 days left!!!

Good to see you're still here Matt!

I was kind of curious to see how diverse a mix of retailers Pinnacle Hills Promenade has so I spent a few moments categorizing all the tenants. I figured it was a good way to start listing newly announced tenants at least until the dang thing opens. It's looking like a really good mix of retailers.

Categoried List of Pinnacle Hills Promenade Stores

Mens Apparel

Jos A. Bank Clothiers

Womens & Misses Apparel

Ann Taylor Loft

CJ Banks

Cache

Charlotte Russe

Christopher & Banks

Coldwater Creek

Forever 21

J.Jill

Lane Bryant

Limited Too

New York & Company

Victoria's Secret

White House/ Black Market

Teen Apparel

Aeropostale

American Eagle Outfitters

Banana Republic

Hollister

Hot Topic

Childrens Apparel & Shoes

Children's Place, The

Gymboree

Stride Rite

Sports Apparel

LIDS Hat Store

Footwear

Finish Line

Journey's

Payless Shoe Source

Accessories

Claire's

Coach

Icing, The

Sunglass Hut

Toy Store

Build A Bear Workshop

Gifts & Miscellaneous

Bath and Body Works

Borders, Books, and Music

Brighton Collectibles

Fossil

GNC Natural Nutrition Center

Melody's Choices

Picture People, The

Select Comfort

Sharper Image, The

Yankee Candle Co

Beauty Salon & Cosmetics

Pefumania

Regis Salon

Sephora

Trade Secret

Jewelers

Kay's Jewlers

Department Store

Dillards

JC Penny

Movie Theatre

Malco 12 Screen Theatre

Restaurant

Mimi's Cafe

PF Chang's Chinese Bistro

Food Pavilion & Refreshments

Candy Craze

Chinese Gourmet Food Express

Haagen Dazs

Jdevers, I remember (and I said it before here) people "oohing" and "aaahing" in January 2003 (before a TON of stuff now in the metro area was built) about the miles and miles of lights they saw in the NWA metroplex on a night flight from D/FW to XNA. They were even surprised at how many lights were around Siloam Springs then. There's so much new stuff now that wasn't there then it's not funny, though I agree about the sizes of Tulsa, Memphis, etc.

I'm almost wondering if NWA mightn't be turning "hammer-shaped" at night, from the air. From west Bella Vista (which is, admittedly, above much undeveloped (currently, pre-bypass) area in Hiwasse) to the east shore of Beaver Lake in east Rogers, is a pretty sizeable chunk of west/east or at least northwest/southeast mileage. I don't think Washington County has the west/east development yet that Benton has, even though Siloam Springs is indeed straight west of Springdale, I believe.

One way to get an impression is to use Google Earth. Obviously that is day time, but it is pretty more the same. If anything, Fayetteville is more impressive during the day than night because of the light pollution rules and the extreme limits on signs. Part of what you have to remember with people landing or taking off from here is that they aren't all that high, to compare a view from 8,000 feet with one from 30,000 feet of another town isn't a very good comparison.

Another thing to keep in mind are the highways. I could see Springdale perhaps having more of an east-west development trend along Hwy 412 down here in Washington County as well. But yes Fayetteville is certainly more north-south oriented.

One way to get an impression is to use Google Earth. Obviously that is day time, but it is pretty more the same. If anything, Fayetteville is more impressive during the day than night because of the light pollution rules and the extreme limits on signs. Part of what you have to remember with people landing or taking off from here is that they aren't all that high, to compare a view from 8,000 feet with one from 30,000 feet of another town isn't a very good comparison.

Jdevers, I'd just love to see a gigantic street map, one with all streets in place right now - 7/23/06 - of NWA from Jane, Missouri to West Fork, Arkansas. (Matt, add this to your "things we'd like to see in NWA" list - a street guide in ringed binder format.) I've seen one NWA map with Bentonville/Rogers and Bella Vista on one side and Springdale/Fayetteville on the other, and that seemed to be 3 years old.

I remember flying from Atlanta to D/FW in 1997 at night, with the "delta" of our flight probably around Vicksburg, MS. I remember one could see Jackson, MS for a long ways away flying west from Vicksburg (and I know Jackson's in the next county, but it's still a distance off), and it sure seems to me that NWA's not much smaller at this point in time than the Jackson metro area was at that time.

As a side note, did anyone see today's Demo-zette, with the big article on the Promenade in section B of the local paper?

They said, among other things:

- The mall's now 80% filled, with supposedly several new tenants to be announced this week;

- Little Rock is getting a bit startled to not be the first place that a first-time-ever-in-Arkansas business opens up, as NWA is supplanting the former city in that role as has been discussed here before.

Jdevers, I'd just love to see a gigantic street map, one with all streets in place right now - 7/23/06 - of NWA from Jane, Missouri to West Fork, Arkansas. (Matt, add this to your "things we'd like to see in NWA" list - a street guide in ringed binder format.) I've seen one NWA map with Bentonville/Rogers and Bella Vista on one side and Springdale/Fayetteville on the other, and that seemed to be 3 years old.

I remember flying from Atlanta to D/FW in 1997 at night, with the "delta" of our flight probably around Vicksburg, MS. I remember one could see Jackson, MS for a long ways away flying west from Vicksburg (and I know Jackson's in the next county, but it's still a distance off), and it sure seems to me that NWA's not much smaller at this point in time than the Jackson metro area was at that time.

As a side note, did anyone see today's Demo-zette, with the big article on the Promenade in section B of the local paper?

They said, among other things:

- The mall's now 80% filled, with supposedly several new tenants to be announced this week;

- Little Rock is getting a bit startled to not be the first place that a first-time-ever-in-Arkansas business opens up, as NWA is supplanting the former city in that role as has been discussed here before.

I would love that map too. I would be happy if the Rand McNally atlas would include an inset of us. After all, Ft Smith, Pine Bluff, and Hot Springs have one as obviously does Little Rock.

I think my intent is being taken out of context here. I was simply trying to state that NWA is no Nashville, Tulsa, etc yet.

Here are some aerial photos of NWA and some regional metros.

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&amp...p;scene=3811705

LR has been in a retail holding pattern for a long time for several reasons. Had the city allowed the Summit Mall to be built, this would probably be less true and LR would've maxed out its retail possibilities a few years ago. There has been very little new retail build in LR for almost a decade as everyone was waiting to see how the Summit Mall/University Mall saga with Simon would end. When it finally became apparent the Summit Mall wouldn't be built then a lot of the projects that were planned but on hold such as the Pleasant Ridge Town Centre, Midtowne Center, etc are being developed and Shackleford Crossing will take the place of the Summit Mall at that site. When all of these developments are built LR will get some of the stores that NWA had first but sometimes it's just an issue of having a place to put them. Really, in some ways this is the same issue NWA had before the latest rash of Benton Co development. A lot of retailers were waiting to see if the NWA Mall corridor or Pinnacle would be the best place to open up their next store. Nevertheless, now there is much less difference between the two retail markets than there used to be.

Archived