Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

I've been coming here since around March. Back then when you typed in Pinnacle Hills Promenade in Google this was one of the top 5 sites to come up. I guess since it's gotten closer to opening there are more pages and news stories that have pushed this site back. Maybe some people found it back then and have just kept coming. I also know I've told a few people about the site.

You could be right on that. Anyway, welcome to the forum AshJs3.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It also looks like Metropolitan National Bank will be the main tenant banker for the Mall, with 3 ATM's located across the mall. I believe there's going to be some other ATM's, but I'm not sure on which one's. I would assume Arvest since everyone up in Benton County uses it.

I dropped by today and got a glimpse of what the Promenade looked like and I must say that it is pretty nice. All the stores looked nice, Dillard's interior was more upscale than the one in the NWA Mall (obviously) or well any other Dillard's that I've been to. There were a LOT of people lined up to go see movies at the Malco. That line was outrageously long. Overall I'd have to say that it's a lot better than what I imagined it to be. The only thing I don't like is that there were roads in between the shops and stuff. I really wish that they'd get rid of them and change it for landscaping. But, oh well. And that's the best looking Malco I've ever seen.

This is my first time posting here - I actually found UrbanPlanet looking for info on Pinnacle Promenade, so I thought I'd post about my visit there today.

I really liked the whole mall, though I definitely wish they'd kept the lawn area in the middle instead of paving it. Another alternative would have been something at least more attractive than asphalt. A similar shopping mall in Beachwood, OH (near where I grew up) called Legacy Village has cobblestone and brick streets and it makes for a really nice affect.

The stores were nice as well, though on the small side. For example, the New York & Co. in the NWA mall seems *much* larger than the one in Pinnacle. There was a nice selection of clothing stores and I'm anxious to see what else opens in the main part of the mall. The article mentioned above has someone commenting how there needs to be some sort of place where you can buy a saw, but that doesn't really make much sense. There's no shortage of Wal-Mart around here - it seems we need more places to buy nice things for our homes than we do places to buy hardware. That being said, I really wish there was a little more variety; there were a lot of clothing stores. I'd love it if there was a Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, W-S, or even some sort of other gourmet kitchen store.

It was disappointing that the big box retail stores weren't open. Borders doesn't look even close to being finished and there's too many half finished buildings around the Promenade. You can't really see them when you're in the main shopping area, but it does sort of take away from the whole experience when you're driving through and see so much under construction.

Lunch at PF Chang's was fanatastic. The food was really good and we had excellent service. I was also really pleased with the Food Pavillion. Aside from the four places to eat (and there are still two food stalls that are vacant) there was a really nice seating area, a good place to have an OrangeJulius.

I really enjoyed the few hours I spent there and I'll be anxious to see how everything comes together in the next few months. I'm excited to see it at Christmas!

This is my first time posting here - I actually found UrbanPlanet looking for info on Pinnacle Promenade, so I thought I'd post about my visit there today.

I really liked the whole mall, though I definitely wish they'd kept the lawn area in the middle instead of paving it. Another alternative would have been something at least more attractive than asphalt. A similar shopping mall in Beachwood, OH (near where I grew up) called Legacy Village has cobblestone and brick streets and it makes for a really nice affect.

The stores were nice as well, though on the small side. For example, the New York & Co. in the NWA mall seems *much* larger than the one in Pinnacle. There was a nice selection of clothing stores and I'm anxious to see what else opens in the main part of the mall. The article mentioned above has someone commenting how there needs to be some sort of place where you can buy a saw, but that doesn't really make much sense. There's no shortage of Wal-Mart around here - it seems we need more places to buy nice things for our homes than we do places to buy hardware. That being said, I really wish there was a little more variety; there were a lot of clothing stores. I'd love it if there was a Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, W-S, or even some sort of other gourmet kitchen store.

It was disappointing that the big box retail stores weren't open. Borders doesn't look even close to being finished and there's too many half finished buildings around the Promenade. You can't really see them when you're in the main shopping area, but it does sort of take away from the whole experience when you're driving through and see so much under construction.

Lunch at PF Chang's was fanatastic. The food was really good and we had excellent service. I was also really pleased with the Food Pavillion. Aside from the four places to eat (and there are still two food stalls that are vacant) there was a really nice seating area, a good place to have an OrangeJulius.

I really enjoyed the few hours I spent there and I'll be anxious to see how everything comes together in the next few months. I'm excited to see it at Christmas!

I visited the Promenade today and I agree with most of what you said. I think the Food Pavillion is nice, but really small, I honestly can't believe there is only room for 6 places. I went to a outdoor mall in Southern Cali. and in the middle it had brick and cobblestone with no cars which was great. Its just a matter of time before someone gets hit by a car.

Hey that wasn't me taking potshots at the NWA Mall... at least not this time around. :lol:

It does sound like the developers decided to make this more of a traditional open-air shopping center than the "lifestyle center" it was hyped to be, which is kind of sad. It's still a great amenity for a retail starved region. I'm waiting for the rest of the stores to open before I visit, just so my dissappointment won't be nearly as bad.

There was an estimated 14,000 people at the mall before noon!!

Here's some facts I found about the Promenade on the internet:

10 Facts about Pinnacle Hills Promenade:

1) There is 980,000 square feet of space, 900,000 of which is retail.

2) There are 84 businesses and restaurants.

3) Dillard's is the largest store, with about 200,000 square feet of retail space.

4) JCPenney is the second-largest with 98,000 square feet.

5) Melody's Choices is currently the only locally owned business at the Promenade.

6) More than 1,500 people will be employed at businesses at the Promenade.

7) There are four water features at the Promenade, two of which are lighted, and a children's play area.

8) There are 1,700 trees at the Promenade.

9) It cost $84 million to build the Promenade.

10) More than $50 million was spent on infrastructure for the Promenade including $16 million for a new exit off Interstate 540, the Perry Road interchange

I was at the mall for 9 hours. From 9 12 and 3 to 9. I went into every store, played with every gadget in the sharper image, drank 8 mochas from starbucks, ate at the food court twice, watched the davinci code, and watched the light and fountain show several times, all in all, it was nothing short of awesome. As for the traffic, during the lunch rush i had to run an errand and it took me 45 minutes to get from the promenade to the pinnacle hills 540 on ramp. My advice is to take exit 81/ pleasant grove road. By the way, there was alot of ground work going on at the site of the barber group's forty fifth.

Good to hear about project 45. I know Barber already held the ground breaking, but the project has been pretty hushed in the news. I'll take some pics this weekend. BTW Mith, I'm going to buy that Camera you suggested. Hopefully I'll have it ready by the weekend. I hope to take pics of the Sam's Club, NWACC Parking Garage, Pleasant Crossing, Tuscany Square, Pinnacle Promenade, Shopps at Pinnacle Hills, Project 45, Home Depot/Pinnacle Springs Development, and a few other sites.

Welcome to the forum court. :D

5) Melody's Choices is currently the only locally owned business at the Promenade.

Ah so what I heard was right then. I'm guessing the other stores mentioned earlier haven't opened yet.

Good to hear about project 45. I know Barber already held the ground breaking, but the project has been pretty hushed in the news. I'll take some pics this weekend. BTW Mith, I'm going to buy that Camera you suggested. Hopefully I'll have it ready by the weekend. I hope to take pics of the Sam's Club, NWACC Parking Garage, Pleasant Crossing, Tuscany Square, Pinnacle Promenade, Shopps at Pinnacle Hills, Project 45, Home Depot/Pinnacle Springs Development, and a few other sites.

Cool, looking forward to seeing some pics. Although I've been considering going up to check out the Promenade this weekend as well. I might be there taking some pics as well. :lol: I'm not making any promises though. I'm also wanting to check out the new Botanical Garden as well.

I also saw the rendering of the pinnacle hills upscale three story mixed use gas station(that was a mouthfull) and it looked nothing like a gas station, it looked more like some of the shops at pinnacle hills!

Hey that's the one I'm pretty sure Matt's talked about.

I was at the mall for 9 hours. From 9 12 and 3 to 9. I went into every store, played with every gadget in the sharper image, drank 8 mochas from starbucks, ate at the food court twice, watched the davinci code, and watched the light and fountain show several times, all in all, it was nothing short of awesome. As for the traffic, during the lunch rush i had to run an errand and it took me 45 minutes to get from the promenade to the pinnacle hills 540 on ramp. My advice is to take exit 81/ pleasant grove road. By the way, there was alot of ground work going on at the site of the barber group's forty fifth.

Good lord, edensfall - 8 mochas!!! No wonder you played with every gadget in Sharper Image! Did you try out the kids play area too??! :lol:

I visited the Promenade today and I agree with most of what you said. I think the Food Pavillion is nice, but really small, I honestly can't believe there is only room for 6 places. I went to a outdoor mall in Southern Cali. and in the middle it had brick and cobblestone with no cars which was great. Its just a matter of time before someone gets hit by a car.

I was also very disappointed in the food court. The offerings at this point are, in my opinion, pathetic. There's Subway, Sbarro, Chinese Gourmet Express, and the DQ/Orange Julius Combo. DQ doesn't even have hot food - just ice cream, etc. And with only two more spots to fill, I just don't think there's going to be enough variety. I would have put the DQ/Julius out amongst the shops, like the Haagen-Dasz and Great American Cookie Co, leaving room for at least one more hot food choice.

The children's play area was also a big disappointment. It was essentially the same type of soft, shiny equipment found in the NWA mall, only smaller, and outside, with no cover at all. So, at any given point, it may be wet, mucky, too hot, or too cold for the kids to enjoy it. I really can't believe they didn't take more care with that, considering that one newspaper article said the target customer was, quote, " a woman with too little time, too little money, and two little kids ". On second thought, I think that was in regard to the JCPenney specifically. Still..........

I don't mean to be all negative, though. We had a great time, especially walking down through the group of stores adjacent to the food court. I love it that the kids stores are all grouped together; Build-A-bear, Melody's Choices, Cookie Co., Candy Craze, Gymboree, etc. The music playing through the outdoor speakers was a real plus. It think it's going to be a great weekend destination for us, with the sit-down restaurants, Borders, the shopping, and the Malco.

Overall, I'm excited, and I know we'll be spending a lot of time (and probably too much money) there.

The children's play area was also a big disappointment. It was essentially the same type of soft, shiny equipment found in the NWA mall, only smaller, and outside, with no cover at all. So, at any given point, it may be wet, mucky, too hot, or too cold for the kids to enjoy it. I really can't believe they didn't take more care with that, considering that one newspaper article said the target customer was, quote, " a woman with too little time, too little money, and two little kids ". On second thought, I think that was in regard to the JCPenney specifically. Still..........

Niiiice. That makes 3 Promenade features that fail to meet expectations. It sounds like after a few good rains and some burning hot sun the play area will be worthless.

I can't believe just from hearing about the Promenade's first day I'm considering going to NWA Mall and I haven't even been to the Promenade yet! :cry:

I have found more tenants at the mall through careful research. Honey's Handbags, Touch of Silver, and Dial N Style. I think that these are more vendor carts, so I'm not going to add them to the list.

Here's a list of tenants:

Jos A. Bank Clothiers

Ann Taylor Loft

Build A Bear Workshop

JC Penny

Dillards

Malco 12 Digital Screen Theatres

Hollister

Coldwater Creek

CJ Banks

Christopher & Banks

Sharper Image, The

The Children's Place

White House/ Black Market

LIDS Hat Store

PF Chang's Chinese Bistro

Journey's

GNC Natural Nutrition Center

American Eagle

Victoria's Secret

Bath and Body Works

Lane Bryant

Yankee Candle Co

Gymboree

Borders, Books, and Music

Brighton Collectibles

Hot Topic

Select Comfort

Forever 21

Trade Secret

Fossil

Brighton

Regis Salon

Limited Too

The Icing

Claire's

Aeropostale

Haagen Dazs

Mimi's Cafe

Kay's Jewlers

Banana Republic

New York & Company

Sephora

Cache

Melody's Choices

Stride Rite

The Picture People

Charlotte Russe

Finish Line

Chinese Gourmet Food Express

Sunglass Hut

Pefumania

Payless Shoe Source

Coach

Candy Craze

J.Jill

Subway

Great American Cookie Company

Sullivan Steakhouse

Buckle

Pac Sun

Gordon Jewelers

Zales Jewelers

Bakers

Nine West

DQ-Orange Julius

Trade Home

Hibbett Sports

Starbucks Coffee

Rogers Jewelers

Sbarro

Discovery Channel Store

Bakers

The Shoe Department

Fish City Grill

Merle Norman

Cingular Wireless

PressionNail

The Body Shop

Gap

Tradehome Shoes

Day-by-Day

Brookstone

Razorback Store

I.O. Metro Furniture Store

I've counted 84 tenants so far.

Plus Vendors and Banks:

Metropolitan National Bank ATM's

Honey's Handbags

Touch of Silver

Dial N Style

Arkansas Business has reported around 110 tenants for the mall. So far 70 stores are open, while another 14 will be ready by Thanksgiving.

So have there been any surprise stores that weren't mentioned before the opening?

I am just wondering when they are going to announce all the new tenants. There better be some great tenants coming because so far I'm disappointed. We still are pulling for Cheesecake Factory, Apple, JCrew, Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, Urban Outiftters???. We shall see soon enough I guess. I want to know what the Barber group has in store for us. I'll be anxious to find out.

Archived