Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

Granted I don't think NWA has anything 'big' that Little Rock doesn't have but we've been getting retailers and restaurants for a while up here that haven't located to Little Rock yet. I also wonder if the fact that we have had so many out of state people move in has in some ways attracted some of these retailers/restaurants. I hear so often how some of these people locate here because they had a family member move to NWA and the relative mentions how there's a lot of growth and potential.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of NWA getting stores and restaurants that have never been in Arkansas before is because of it's regional location serving Southwest Missouri and Northeast Oklahoma and even the the Arkansas River Valley to some extent. If NWA was situated deeper within the state I'd say if that was the case these stores and restaurants would choose Little Rock over NWA.

I think a lot of NWA getting stores and restaurants that have never been in Arkansas before is because of it's regional location serving Southwest Missouri and Northeast Oklahoma and even the the Arkansas River Valley to some extent. If NWA was situated deeper within the state I'd say if that was the case these stores and restaurants would choose Little Rock over NWA.

Doubt it. Ft. Smith has hundreds of restaurants as it is, and Oklahoma and Missouri only add a few thousand people to the metro. Thank Wal-Mart and the incredible growth for the new restaurants. NWA is still lacking in Restaurants compared to LR, Tulsa, and Springfield. These restaurants see the incredible opportunity and profit they can make in the NWA metro, so they set up locations here.

Are you sure Sullivan's is coming? I'm pretty sure they are in a lawsuit with Pinnacle over sign issues?

Up to date list:

Jos A. Bank Clothiers

Ann Taylor Loft

Build A Bear Workshop

JC Penny

Dillards

Malco 12 Screen Theatre

Hollister

Coldwater Creek

CJ Banks

Christopher & Banks

Sharper Image, The

The Children's Place

White House/ Black Market

LIDS Hat Store

PF Chang's Chinese Bistro

Journey's

GNC Natural Nutrition Center

American Eagle

Victoria's Secret

Bath and Body Works

Lane Bryant

Yankee Candle Co

Gymboree

Borders, Books, and Music

Brighton Collectibles

Hot Topic

Select Comfort

Forever 21

Trade Secret

Fossil

Brighton

Regis Salon

Limited Too

The Icing

Claire's

Aeropostale

Haagen Dazs

Mimi's Cafe

Kay's Jewlers

Banana Republic

New York & Company

Sephora

Cache

Melody's Choices

Stride Rite

The Picture People

Charlotte Russe

Finish Line

Chinese Gourmet Food Express

Sunglass Hut

Pefumania

Payless Shoe Source

Coach

Candy Craze

J.Jill

Subway

Great American Cookie Company

Sullivan Steakhouse

Buckle

Pac Sun

Gordon Jewelers

Zales Jewelers

Bakers

Nine West

- The mall's now 80% filled, with supposedly several new tenants to be announced this week;

- Little Rock is getting a bit startled to not be the first place that a first-time-ever-in-Arkansas business opens up, as NWA is supplanting the former city in that role as has been discussed here before.

I'm new and I don't want to ruffle any feathers and get an argument on what region of the state has the most going on, but Little Rock and central Arkansas has still been getting first-time-ever-in-Arkansas retailers and restaurants. Some of these are now going into NWA and some have gone into Jonesboro's new mall before getting to NWA. Just to name a few:

PF Changs

Mimi's Cafe

Stonecold Creamery

Krispy Kreme Dougnuts

Coldwater Creek

Jos A. Bank

Build A Bear Workshop

The retail sector in Little Rock has been stagnant. And as someone else posted, it was because of the Summit Mall project. Now that Midtown and Pleasant Ridge are going up and with Shackleford Crossing coming online, more retail and restaurant opportunites emerge.

Doubt it. Ft. Smith has hundreds of restaurants as it is, and Oklahoma and Missouri only add a few thousand people to the metro. Thank Wal-Mart and the incredible growth for the new restaurants. NWA is still lacking in Restaurants compared to LR, Tulsa, and Springfield. These restaurants see the incredible opportunity and profit they can make in the NWA metro, so they set up locations here.

I agree with your analysis. I think the number of people in rural Missouri and Oklahoma coming to NWA is trivial because of Tulsa and Springfield being nearby and unlike these other areas the NWA MSA is pretty self-reliant. I think everyone underestimates the impact this may have on Ft Smith. For years there was little incentive for people to drive from Ft Smith to Fayetteville but it is changing. I think you'll see a lot of people making the trip up for specialty retail shopping, especially at Christmas. As far as restaurants, though, you're right - nobody's going to drive an hour just to go eat at a place they don't have in Ft Smith.

The restaurant opportunities were great in Benton Co because there was almost nothing preexisting to serve the market. I think it was a potential goldmine for restauranteurs. It's still weird that Benton Co hasn't gotten some lower tier chains yet like Olive Garden. Every group uses different criteria to determine where to build, I guess.

As far as retail, though, it's simple. This is the time to get into the market in NWA if you want to. It will be years if not decades before another run of retail development like this occurs. Any store that sees themselves coming to the area anytime soon is getting in now, which makes sense.

Are you sure Sullivan's is coming? I'm pretty sure they are in a lawsuit with Pinnacle over sign issues?

Up to date list:

Jos A. Bank Clothiers

Ann Taylor Loft

Build A Bear Workshop

JC Penny

Dillards

Malco 12 Screen Theatre

Hollister

Coldwater Creek

CJ Banks

Christopher & Banks

Sharper Image, The

The Children's Place

LIDS Hat Store

Journey's

American Eagle

Victoria's Secret

Bath and Body Works

Lane Bryant

Yankee Candle Co

Gymboree

Brighton Collectibles

Hot Topic

Select Comfort

Forever 21

Trade Secret

Fossil

Brighton

Regis Salon

Limited Too

The Icing

Claire's

Aeropostale

Haagen Dazs

Mimi's Cafe

Kay's Jewlers

Banana Republic

New York & Company

Sephora

Cache

Melody's Choices

Stride Rite

The Picture People

Charlotte Russe

Finish Line

Sunglass Hut

Pefumania

Payless Shoe Source

Coach

Candy Craze

J.Jill

Subway

Sullivan Steakhouse

Buckle

Pac Sun

Gordon Jewelers

Zales Jewelers

Bakers

Nine West

According to an article in the business section of today's Democrat Gazette (regarding Sullivan's):

...The Pinnacle Group released a list Monday of more tenants contracted to open shop in Pinnacle Hills Promenade........Luxury retailers Coach and Banana Republic headed the list, along with restaurants Sullivan's Steakhouse, Candy Craze, Chinese Gourmet Express, Great American Cookie Company, Mimi's Cafe, and Subway....Of special interest on the list is the Sullivan's Steakhouse, which will be the chain restaurant's first location in Arkansas..........

There was no mention of any contingency in the article; they made it sound like a sure thing. Cool.

The restaurant opportunities were great in Benton Co because there was almost nothing preexisting to serve the market. I think it was a potential goldmine for restauranteurs. It's still weird that Benton Co hasn't gotten some lower tier chains yet like Olive Garden. Every group uses different criteria to determine where to build, I guess.

We are talking about the company that skipped over Fayetteville to build a restaurant in Ft Smith instead. Not sure if they are concerned over competition from restaurants like Johnny Carrino's.

According to an article in the business section of today's Democrat Gazette (regarding Sullivan's):

...The Pinnacle Group released a list Monday of more tenants contracted to open shop in Pinnacle Hills Promenade........Luxury retailers Coach and Banana Republic headed the list, along with restaurants Sullivan's Steakhouse, Candy Craze, Chinese Gourmet Express, Great American Cookie Company, Mimi's Cafe, and Subway....Of special interest on the list is the Sullivan's Steakhouse, which will be the chain restaurant's first location in Arkansas..........

There was no mention of any contingency in the article; they made it sound like a sure thing. Cool.

Yeah I saw that. That's great to hear. I was worried the internet site was simple out of date as far as Sullivan's was concerned.

As far as retail, though, it's simple. This is the time to get into the market in NWA if you want to. It will be years if not decades before another run of retail development like this occurs. Any store that sees themselves coming to the area anytime soon is getting in now, which makes sense.

At least not until Pleasant Crossing is completed in the fall of 2007. There will be a whole new job growth of about a couple thousand retail and restaurant jobs. Each year after that there will be some pretty large employers such as Crystal Bridges, the Sports and Entertainment Arena, the proposed Children's and Science Museums, the proposed Ballpark, and so on and so on.

Whatever stores that aren't coming to Pinnacle Hills Promenade will more than likely show up in Pleasant Crossing in 2007. Disney hasn't announced a store for PHP yet and most likely they'll land in PC.

At least not until Pleasant Crossing is completed in the fall of 2007. There will be a whole new job growth of about a couple thousand retail and restaurant jobs. Each year after that there will be some pretty large employers such as Crystal Bridges, the Sports and Entertainment Arena, the proposed Children's and Science Museums, the proposed Ballpark, and so on and so on.

Whatever stores that aren't coming to Pinnacle Hills Promenade will more than likely show up in Pleasant Crossing in 2007. Disney hasn't announced a store for PHP yet and most likely they'll land in PC.

I was including Pleasant Crossing in my "now is the time" statement.

What's going on in Rogers now is a lot like what went on with University Mall and Park Plaza 20 years ago. Those two developments were going to define the area's retail for a long time and if you didn't get in then you would be struggling to find a suboptimal space. Stores that don't feel ready to go in right now may not be able to move into the right size space or may have to settle for an adjacent development with less foot traffic.

Disney Stores were actually tanking and they closed stores all over the country, I actually think they got rid of half of their stores at once including the one in Park Plaza. They sold the entire Disney Store section of Disney to The Children's Place and they seem to be turning it around and they are going to try to start expanding again apparently, so maybe they will put a store in PC.

I was including Pleasant Crossing in my "now is the time" statement.

What's going on in Rogers now is a lot like what went on with University Mall and Park Plaza 20 years ago. Those two developments were going to define the area's retail for a long time and if you didn't get in then you would be struggling to find a suboptimal space. Stores that don't feel ready to go in right now may not be able to move into the right size space or may have to settle for an adjacent development with less foot traffic.

Disney Stores were actually tanking and they closed stores all over the country, I actually think they got rid of half of their stores at once including the one in Park Plaza. They sold the entire Disney Store section of Disney to The Children's Place and they seem to be turning it around and they are going to try to start expanding again apparently, so maybe they will put a store in PC.

Once the retail market reaches capacity in NWA there will be a lot of continuing job growth in the sports and entertainment markets. By the time the job market starts to stagnate in NWA there will be enough population to start a new major retail development trend that we're seeing now.

They should've closed the Disney Store in NWA Mall years ago. That has to be least Disneyish store in the chain. No Disney music playing when you shop, a bargain bin in front of the store with the broken stuff they're trying to pawn off and a sales staff that are most likely former fast food clerks. It's really depressing and I think it would be very wise to relocate that store to the Pleasant Crossing Lifestyle Center which will have a much more Disneyish Main Street appeal to it already.

More new tenants...this mall just keeps getting better:

DQ-Orange Julius

Trade Home

Hibbett Sports

Starbucks Coffee

Rogers Jewelers

Sbarro

and last but not least....Ta..da...

THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL STORE (yea!)

Sweet, thanks for that info. I'll certainly visit more frequently to check out the Discovery Channel Store.

What the F*$#, a fourth starbucks in Rogers, all to be finished by the end of the year?

Good to hear about the Discovery Channel Store, this mall is really looking great to me.

Up to date list:

Jos A. Bank Clothiers

Ann Taylor Loft

Build A Bear Workshop

JC Penny

Dillards

Malco 12 Screen Theatre

Hollister

Coldwater Creek

CJ Banks

Christopher & Banks

Sharper Image, The

The Children's Place

LIDS Hat Store

Journey's

American Eagle

Victoria's Secret

Bath and Body Works

Lane Bryant

Yankee Candle Co

Gymboree

Brighton Collectibles

Hot Topic

Select Comfort

Forever 21

Trade Secret

Fossil

Brighton

Regis Salon

Limited Too

The Icing

Claire's

Aeropostale

Haagen Dazs

Mimi's Cafe

Kay's Jewlers

Banana Republic

New York & Company

Sephora

Cache

Melody's Choices

Stride Rite

The Picture People

Charlotte Russe

Finish Line

Sunglass Hut

Pefumania

Payless Shoe Source

Coach

Candy Craze

J.Jill

Subway

Sullivan Steakhouse

Buckle

Pac Sun

Gordon Jewelers

Zales Jewelers

Bakers

Nine West

DQ-Orange Julius

Trade Home

Hibbett Sports

Starbucks Coffee

Rogers Jewelers

Sbarro

Discovery Channel Store

DQ-Orange Julius

Trade Home

Hibbett Sports

Starbucks Coffee

Rogers Jewelers

Sbarro

Orange JUUUULIUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Hate the old logo - LOVE the drink.)

Does anyone know if cars are actually going to be allowed in the middle of the mall? If you look at these three pictures on their website http://www.pinnaclehillspromenade.com/html/index9.asp the bottom one shows cars driving throught the mall which would suck, I hope to God they don't allow cars in the middle of the thing.

No, that's more the edge of the complex down at the bottom of that pic. I recognize some of the roof from when I went up there to take pics a while back. The 'center' is basically that open area just above where you see the cars.

As you can see from my previous post Pinnacle Hills Promenade is a "Lifestyle Center" and not a "Mall" in that it's like a main street shopping district with curbside parking. Cars will be allowed inside and out of Pinnacle Hills Promenade. If you refer to the original render a section of the Promenade was going to be closed to traffic and allowed for more water features and foot bridges, but that was thrown out in favor of more access to car traffic. You can also refer to the master plan of the Promenade to see all the curbside parking spaces there will be. I believe Pleasant Crossing's Lifestyle Center will be more park-like and cars won't be on the inside ot the center.

Since this is absolutely the greatest retail development in NWA, perhaps in the nation, I'm going to post an updated render along with the old one.

new render

127869492_32bd2fd292_o.jpg

original render

127866002_d3c268e01f_o.jpg

130704337_4205e6bca3_o.jpg

DQ-Orange Julius

Trade Home

Hibbett Sports

Starbucks Coffee

Rogers Jewelers

Sbarro

I almost forgot... WHOOOHOOOO!!! I told ya'll The Discovery Channel Store was coming. ALL General Growth Properties have one. :D

I almost forgot... WHOOOHOOOO!!! I told ya'll The Discovery Channel Store was coming. ALL General Growth Properties have one. :D

Last night driving to the Pleasant Grove Wal-Mart I saw some different lights on at the Promenade.

We've seen the drawings above with the unique domes, spires, etc. It looked like either they were testing or just a very few of those lights which will accent those structures. Not only were there some incandescent lighting, but also a few sets of what I can best describe as deep flourescent blue bulbs...unlike what I've generally seen in NWA.

This is going to be QUITE a sight, IMO, once it's launched for business...

Last night driving to the Pleasant Grove Wal-Mart I saw some different lights on at the Promenade.

We've seen the drawings above with the unique domes, spires, etc. It looked like either they were testing or just a very few of those lights which will accent those structures. Not only were there some incandescent lighting, but also a few sets of what I can best describe as deep flourescent blue bulbs...unlike what I've generally seen in NWA.

This is going to be QUITE a sight, IMO, once it's launched for business...

They're supposed to have a nightly laser light and fountain show or something like that. Supposed to be visible from the freeway.

Archived