Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, guys, I've never been in a Discovery Channel store. What so exciting? It must be good, since several of you seem to be turning cartwheels. :silly:

Julles...I've been to the one at the Mall of Georgia before...it's got a lot of cool little scientific/pseudo-scientific toys for kids and grownups alike.

As for the blue lights...I'll bet they were indeed connected with the lasers somehow.

As you can see from my previous post Pinnacle Hills Promenade is a "Lifestyle Center" and not a "Mall" in that it's like a main street shopping district with curbside parking. Cars will be allowed inside and out of Pinnacle Hills Promenade. If you refer to the original render a section of the Promenade was going to be closed to traffic and allowed for more water features and foot bridges, but that was thrown out in favor of more access to car traffic. You can also refer to the master plan of the Promenade to see all the curbside parking spaces there will be. I believe Pleasant Crossing's Lifestyle Center will be more park-like and cars won't be on the inside ot the center.

Well, to be honest, I was hoping there would be no cars. The traffic will be bumper to bumper and people trying to cross the the mall from one side to the other will have to mess with the traffic. Last year when we went to the USC football game, we went to a mall called the grove, which was a outdoor mall, however, there were no cars, and I just had this image in my head I guess.

Hey, guys, I've never been in a Discovery Channel store. What so exciting? It must be good, since several of you seem to be turning cartwheels. :silly:

Julles I used to manage a store called "World of Science" in West Virginia and at NWA Mall and it was the most exciting store in the mall. It was a science/nature store and everyone flocked to it to be amazed by all the telescopes, chemistry sets, nature products, huge fossils and tons of educational gadgets and gizmos. No matter how FUN the store was to shop World of Science was bought by another science/nature store called "Natural Wonders" and they both went bankrupt and closed in 2000. Since then I have been craving a science/nature store and The Discovery Channel Store is the best in the country.

Add the fact that another Pinnacle Hills Promenade store "Sharper Image" is another pseudo-scientific gadget & gizmo store and you can see just why I'm so excited. :D

Well, to be honest, I was hoping there would be no cars. The traffic will be bumper to bumper and people trying to cross the the mall from one side to the other will have to mess with the traffic. Last year when we went to the USC football game, we went to a mall called the grove, which was a outdoor mall, however, there were no cars, and I just had this image in my head I guess.

Yeah it might be a bit of a headache and I'm worried about mixing cars and kids. There are plenty of designated crosswalks all over the Promenade, but all it takes is one careless driver. One of the really cool things about the Pinnacle Hills Promenade is that, according to the master plan, all the stores will be grouped together by category so there will be less street crossing for people shopping for a particular item. I'm not sure if that's changed, but I'd expect that people shopping with their kids won't have to worry about walking from one end of the mall to the other to find the childrens stores.

Yeah it might be a bit of a headache and I'm worried about mixing cars and kids. There are plenty of designated crosswalks all over the Promenade, but all it takes is one careless driver. One of the really cool things about the Pinnacle Hills Promenade is that, according to the master plan, all the stores will be grouped together by category so there will be less street crossing for people shopping for a particular item. I'm not sure if that's changed, but I'd expect that people shopping with their kids won't have to worry about walking from one end of the mall to the other to find the childrens stores.

That is a good idea as far as putting the stores in the mall in categories, however, I really don't know how long that will last, as stores move out of malls all the time, and as new ones move in, if they are in a different category, I'm not sure how that will work. I tried to post a picture I had from the mall in LA, however, I couldn't get it to work, but I'll try later. I just don't like the cars driving in the middle of everything, just think what it will be like during christmas season with thousands of people shopping and all these cars driving through there.

On another note, I drove around the promenade today after work, and the best buy is coming along just great right infront of the promenade. They are also building a couple other buildings on the north side of the promenade, however, there were no signs saying what they were.

I'm not so sure that cars are going to be allowed on these streets. I don't know for sure, but many developers include things to enhance their renderings (I.E. Cars). I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm not so sure that cars are going to be allowed on these streets. I don't know for sure, but many developers include things to enhance their renderings (I.E. Cars). I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's not just in the renders. The actual plan available as a download from the Pinnacle Hills Promenade website has streets and curbside parking on it. They're promoting the Promenade as a mainstreet type of shopping district. Trust me it will have cars driving through it. If it doesn't then they wasted a LOT of time and money on the plans.

It's not just in the renders. The actual plan available as a download from the Pinnacle Hills Promenade website has streets and curbside parking on it. They're promoting the Promenade as a mainstreet type of shopping district. Trust me it will have cars driving through it. If it doesn't then they wasted a LOT of time and money on the plans.

Well that's just stupid. How long will it take for a child to get hit by a car or something?

Well that's just stupid. How long will it take for a child to get hit by a car or something?

I agree. Kids get very excited when you take them shopping and add the fact that it's outdoors so they may take off into the street after a butterfly or a squirrel or something. The people building these things never do it right and there's always something that should be different. I'll bet they won't even have valet parking which would eliminate the need for curbside parking. I can't imagine that they would close the streets of for any reason as that would look weird with the streets and parking spaces all empty and big greasy oil stains all over the place.

But that's neither here nor there and I'll live. I never let my son out of my sight and keep him on a harness when near cars or in Wal-Mart. I'll accept the negatives because Pinnacle Hills Promenade is so great so in the words of ELO... "don't bring me down." :D

I can't believe that they choose the on street parking instead of the greenspace and water features. -_-

This Shopping Center would have been much more popular if the original plan was kept, oh well what can you do.

I can't believe that they choose the on street parking instead of the greenspace and water features. -_-

This Shopping Center would have been much more popular if the original plan was kept, oh well what can you do.

The main entrance area will still have green space and water features, but there will be a street dissecting it now. The reasoning behind curbside parking is most likely to appeal to more affluent shoppers who wouldn't be caught dead walking across a "mall" parking lot. I wish they had gone with areas for valet parking and kept the inside of the "mall" pedestrian only, but that's neither here nor there.

The main entrance area will still have green space and water features, but there will be a street dissecting it now. The reasoning behind curbside parking is most likely to appeal to more affluent shoppers who wouldn't be caught dead walking across a "mall" parking lot. I wish they had gone with areas for valet parking and kept the inside of the "mall" pedestrian only, but that's neither here nor there.

Almost all of these lifestyle centers are built this way now.

The "town center" concept was designed so that you drive directly up to the store you want to shop at during non-peak hours and they were often designed to look like a downtown square area (Southlake Town Square and Firewheel Town Center in DFW follow this as does St John's in Jacksonville, FL). Think of the parking in downtown areas like Bentonville's town square. Projects like the Promenade are inspired by these and use the same layour but don't really fully apply the concept. The newer developments in LR are along the same lines, I think.

The "town center" concept was designed so that you drive directly up to the store you want to shop at during non-peak hours and they were often designed to look like a downtown square area (Southlake Town Square and Firewheel Town Center in DFW follow this as does St John's in Jacksonville, FL). Think of the parking in downtown areas like Bentonville's town square. Projects like the Promenade are inspired by these and use the same layour but don't really fully apply the concept. The newer developments in LR are along the same lines, I think.

There's a project in Lakewood Colorado that does this to a perfection, it's called Bel-Mar. It has similar stores to the Promenade, may'be a little more upscale, but uses the downtown, mainstreet/Urban Feel.

When you say "non-peak" hours it makes me wonder what parking will be like during "peak hours". It's going to really ruin the "lifestyle center" atmosphere with cars bumper to bumper from the center to the exterior parking lots. Then there are those people that will stop traffic just to wait for someone loading their stuff into their car to pull out. It could end up really congested with everyone wanting curbside parking. They could probably help alleviate some of the problems that may occur by having valet parking in certain areas and metered parking during peak hours. Metered parking would keep the "peasants" like myself from choosing to park in front of stores.

When you say "non-peak" hours it makes me wonder what parking will be like during "peak hours". It's going to really ruin the "lifestyle center" atmosphere with cars bumper to bumper from the center to the exterior parking lots. Then there are those people that will stop traffic just to wait for someone loading their stuff into their car to pull out. It could end up really congested with everyone wanting curbside parking. They could probably help alleviate some of the problems that may occur by having valet parking in certain areas and metered parking during peak hours. Metered parking would keep the "peasants" like myself from choosing to park in front of stores.

It's like this at a bunch of lifestyle centers. Last year, I went to Hilton Head Island and there was a lifestyle center called Tanger Outlet Mall. Traffic on the street was hell, it took me 10 minutes to get out of the shopping area.

You know, I went to Firewheel Town Center in Garland and traffic through the streets in the shopping center was a problem.

I've been to Southlake Town Square and while there was traffic, it wasn't anything that bad and that's a really BIG development compared to the others we're talking about.

It's like this at a bunch of lifestyle centers. Last year, I went to Hilton Head Island and there was a lifestyle center called Tanger Outlet Mall. Traffic on the street was hell, it took me 10 minutes to get out of the shopping area.

Most of the Tanger's Outlet Malls I've seen are kind of bland 3rd tier outlet malls. Considering it was on Hilton Head, though, I'm guessing it was much nicer (as everything is there). I'm going to Hilton Head in October. Of course parking at all outlet malls is kind of hellish.

I wonder what the effect of Saks selling to Belk will be on Pleasant Crossing?

How far into construction are they on the area that was to include the Parisian store?

I had noticed that they had removed it from their list of future openings late last month, and sent them a polite query, which has not been answered.

I think this part of the reason why.

Still, Belk may decide to go on with building it. Two different types of stores.

I wonder what the effect of Saks selling to Belk will be on Pleasant Crossing?

How far into construction are they on the area that was to include the Parisian store?

They haven't even started yet.

I'm wondering if they can break the contract with Saks or Belk, since Rogers already has a Belk which just got a 45,000 sq. foot expansion.

They haven't even started yet.

I'm wondering if they can break the contract with Saks or Belk, since Rogers already has a Belk which just got a 45,000 sq. foot expansion.

They can. It may hav ebeen tough to find another tenant if the space was already built but if it hasn't, no sweat.

The one in LR is nearly completed and it will be a problem, Belk's won't fit there.

They can. It may hav ebeen tough to find another tenant if the space was already built but if it hasn't, no sweat.

The one in LR is nearly completed and it will be a problem, Belk's won't fit there.

Like you said, Foley's is a good choice for both.

I doubt Lord & Taylor, Neiman Marcus, or Nordstrom could come into the market, seeing as how they only move into (large metros).

I don't know if Saks would put in a different store like Off 5th Avenue Outlet. I know Tulsa has a Saks 5th Avenue in Utica Square.

JC Penny and Dillards are already going into the Promenade. We already have a Kohls and Belk in Rogers. Target couldn't take the spot seeing as how Wal-Mart is literally a few hundred feet from it.

My best guess would have to be Burlington Coat Factory. NWA doesn't have one, I think Little Rock has two, and it seems perfect for the market and the rest of the stores at Pleasant Crossing.

Like you said, Foley's is a good choice for both.

I doubt Lord & Taylor, Neiman Marcus, or Nordstrom could come into the market, seeing as how they only move into (large metros).

I don't know if Saks would put in a different store like Off 5th Avenue Outlet. I know Tulsa has a Saks 5th Avenue in Utica Square.

JC Penny and Dillards are already going into the Promenade. We already have a Kohls and Belk in Rogers. Target couldn't take the spot seeing as how Wal-Mart is literally a few hundred feet from it.

My best guess would have to be Burlington Coat Factory. NWA doesn't have one, I think Little Rock has two, and it seems perfect for the market and the rest of the stores at Pleasant Crossing.

Burlington would fit well with the whole "Power Center" concept there.

Another chain that is conspicuously absent in NWA is Stein-Mart. There are 2 in Central Ark and one in Jonesboro but none in NWA. One of those would do well there.

My wife and I like Foley's. They have Dillard's level merchandise but cheaper prices.

Burlington would fit well with the whole "Power Center" concept there.

Another chain that is conspicuously absent in NWA is Stein-Mart. There are 2 in Central Ark and one in Jonesboro but none in NWA. One of those would do well there.

My wife and I like Foley's. They have Dillard's level merchandise but cheaper prices.

Stein-Mart was located in Fiesta Square in Fayetteville for a while after Silk Tree Factory closed (or was it the other way around?). The newly renovated Hastings took the building when Stein-Mart closed. Since Stein-Mart did have a presence in NWA for a while it's more than likely a good location to re-open at Pleasant Crossing.

Archived