Is ZOI House Orlando dead?

orlandouprise

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Jacksonville is much more impressive than DTO.

Wtf? When was the last time you went to Jacksonville? Downtown is a ghost town with nothing at all to do except stare at the homeless people. I was there this past summer and was disturbed at how poorly a Florida city downtown is going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/11/2023 at 1:20 PM, Uncommon said:

All that means is that Florida has some pretty good downtowns. For a city of its size, Orlando's downtown is pretty similar to cities in its weight class. The difference is older, more established cities have much larger downtowns but the vibrancy and walkability is similar or better in some cases. I'd take DTO over the downtowns of Sacramento, St. Louis and San Antonio. Charlotte, Kansas City, and Portland are bigger, better, or have light rail but are not necessarily more vibrant or walkable. I think DTO is in a pretty good place. Just because other cities in Florida are improving faster doesn't mean DTO is declining.

...I would say stagnating over declining ... in spite of all the bones that are supposed to springboard it forward, like CV, Sunrail, Lake Eola, Publix, etc.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

👀

New sight fence with scrim screen on this site today. 

Couldn't get a picture because was driving in traffic, but I can walk by later if it isn't raining. 

I was trying to get down there. But what does this fence mean? 

last I heard the people who took over Zoi House got approved but never moved.

10 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

I do not know what it means. 

Could be a code issue or could be trying to sell the project or could be trying to dress up the lot to submit for financing or could be. . .. 

Could be that the sight of a bare chain link fence is considered unappealing so they put that on to make it less unattractive. 

Or could be.... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 9:40 AM, klstorey said:

After a yummy lunch at Fratelli's on Monday I got these pics. Looked the same yesterday when I walked by. 

20240129_135858.jpg

20240129_135854.jpg

God, I'm so glad they executed that damn gigantic tree and sent it's bones straight to hell...NOT!