Is ZOI House Orlando dead?

orlandouprise

5 hours ago, codypet said:

I'm willing to guess Hourglass Flats, Society Tower 2, Modera, that Kuhn tower on Garland/Washington and SE+D are all dead.  CSPII is on life support.  The ballooning of const costs coupled with rising interest rates is making all these projects not worth it.

Without Society 2 that is going to really look odd. 

6 hours ago, codypet said:

I'm willing to guess Hourglass Flats, Society Tower 2, Modera, that Kuhn tower on Garland/Washington and SE+D are all dead.  CSPII is on life support.  The ballooning of const costs coupled with rising interest rates is making all these projects not worth it.

38 minutes ago, Ivanhoe said:

Without Society 2 that is going to really look odd. 

I'm guessing that it might be delayed for awhile, but should eventually happen.

And who knows.... maybe a delay will result in a resigned, taller tower. 

Maybe even a more interesting shape too, rather than another rectangle. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

True, some variety there there wouldn’t hurt to softness the bulkiness. Perhaps in the interim they can makeshift the space for a Boxi Park (I know, I know, we are already “getting” one right down the street at Orange/Jefferson. 

Isn't there some other Art Squared-like project at that intersection with the Unbelievably Real mural? I thought I saw something on Bungalower that something like that would be built there where the building burned down in 2005.

2 hours ago, Uncommon said:

Isn't there some other Art Squared-like project at that intersection with the Unbelievably Real mural? I thought I saw something on Bungalower that something like that would be built there where the building burned down in 2005.

If there is something like that on the drawing board, expect it to take a good five years or so to begin construction.

Orlando.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I'm guessing that it might be delayed for awhile, but should eventually happen.

And who knows.... maybe a delay will result in a resigned, taller tower. 

Maybe even a more interesting shape too, rather than another rectangle. 

Lol i love the wishful thinking but is Orlando. Things only shrink here, they don't get taller.

On 10/10/2023 at 12:54 PM, codypet said:

Don't forget insurance. While under construction as well as stabilized. 

2 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

GMP?

Guaranteed Maximum Price. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, orlandouprise said:

What happened to the Summa Building?  Holocaust Museum?, Pulse Museum?...all Orlando pipedreams and part of the ORL cemetery?

I think Pulse and Holocaust museums happen, but everything in Orlando takes 10 years to begin construction. In Miami, they would've been working on expansions for each museum by now.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 9:04 PM, Uncommon said:

I think Pulse and Holocaust museums happen, but everything in Orlando takes 10 years to begin construction. In Miami, they would've been working on expansions for each museum by now.

welp...add the Pulse museum to the Orlando  cemetery. Geezus there is no money in this town to get projects off the ground....meanwhile Miami is swimming in billion  dollar projects.

welp...add the Pulse museum to the Orlando  cemetery. Geezus there is no money in this town to get projects off the ground....

Never was a fan of that thing.

Gaudy, tacky and looked like it was trying too hard.

Looked like a giant wicker trash can.

il_300x300.4488739635_fwap.jpg 

Besides, even many of the survivors say it's unnecessary and exploitive.

Build a tasteful, understated memorial on the site and be happy with it. 

....meanwhile Miami is swimming in billion  dollar projects.

Gee, I just can't figure out why that is.... :dontknow: 

orlmia-2.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm....... 

• Like 2