55 West

Tim3167

The thing that I've never liked about it is the shape, with those concentric circles or arches or how ever you'd describe it. I always thought that a shape similar to or inspired by one of the buildings of the Sydney Opera House would've looked a lot better. A little more height would improve it's appearance as well.

My vote is to tile it, maybe in shades of orange and red, mimicking a constant sunset on the lake. Mosaics are classy, and rain alone should keep the tile (relatively) clean(er). Ultimately, I think this thing was a not-so-successful attempt at mimicking the art deco perfection of Radio City Music Hall. Either way, it's definitely an asset to downtown, even if it isn't the prettiest thing on the block.

Back to 55 West, does anyone know if the two bridges (one from Church Street Station and one from Church Street Market) are going to actually connect to 55 West. What I mean by connect is... will people be able to walk through those bridges into 55 west without ever going outside? I think they should do this and incorporate the bridges into the building.

Edited by EngineerNole

Back to 55 West, does anyone know if the two bridges (one from Church Street Station and one from Church Street Market) are going to actually connect to 55 West. What I mean by connect is... will people be able to walk through those bridges into 55 west without ever going outside? I think they should do this and incorporate the bridges into the building.

I'm pretty sure that's the plan. The second level is supposed to be retail/restaurant, right?

I don't know if 55W will top off before Dynetech, but, I'm willing to bet it will top off before it's parking garage does.

55 West is 32 floors; how many is Dynetech ? I think they are saying that 55 West will top of somewhere near the first of next yeay, weather permitting. Right now it looks as if they are completing a floor every two to three weeks!

55 West is 32 floors; how many is Dynetech ? I think they are saying that 55 West will top of somewhere near the first of next yeay, weather permitting. Right now it looks as if they are completing a floor every two to three weeks!

I think the official turnaround time for 55W floors is one per 9 days. My money is on 55W to top off by the end of Summer. It's already on the 10th or 11th floor.

I think the official turnaround time for 55W floors is one per 9 days. My money is on 55W to top off by the end of Summer. It's already on the 10th or 11th floor.

They are on the 14TH floor! and I can't see them topping off that fast.They have 18 floors to go. They'd have to do a floor a week !!! I'm just glad they are moving right along. Now, let's see what happens to Church Street Station. Hope Cameron takes the lead on that one!

They are on the 14TH floor! and I can't see them topping off that fast.They have 18 floors to go. They'd have to do a floor a week !!! I'm just glad they are moving right along. Now, let's see what happens to Church Street Station. Hope Cameron takes the lead on that one!

What do you mean 14th Floor? I count about 9.

dsc6816edited1rw7.jpg

Here's the deal:

Level 1 is the first double-height floor.

Level 2 is the next double height floor, except, Level 3 is on the parking garage side within it-- it is one level on the Church St. side, but 2 levels towards the parking deck. this is the level where the art gallery is supposed to go. I am pretty sure about it-- could be wrong though, b/c according to that photo, I can't see any floor separations there-- It looked like there was one several weeks back...

Level 4 is the first normal height level.

Level 13 doesn't count, therefore, they are on the 14th floor, otherwise, they are on the 12th floor.

Edited by JRS1