55 West

Tim3167

My guess is 14.

As wide as this thing is I can already see the stubby comments coming.

True, but with that last picture of Tim's of the SunTrust cluster I can imagine 55W topped off, and while our buildings are short, they make downtown look FUN. That's the only word I can use. There is life there. It is going to be a busy place with neat things going on! It will look like a place I want to visit. I can't wait to see what Kuhn does with Church Street - as long as he doesn't kick out SAK, that would be a tragedy. :unsure:

Edited by radiostatic102

True, but with that last picture of Tim's of the SunTrust cluster I can imagine 55W topped off, and while our buildings are short, they make downtown look FUN. That's the only word I can use. There is life there. It is going to be a busy place with neat things going on! It will look like a place I want to visit. I can't wait to see what Kuhn does with Church Street - as long as he doesn't kick out SAK, that would be a tragedy. :unsure:

Agreed. This building is a great addition for downtown.

I think you mean The Improv, which by the way they are staying... one of the only tenants that will be I think. Kuhn wants them to stay put and make some investments to bring up the look of the place and the service as well. Unless something changes before the end of the month, I believe both parties are looking at around a 10 year lease. Heard this through the grapevine, so my figure of 10 years may be off, but I know it is mid- to long-term.

I'm thinking 55W will be like a squatter version of Sunny Isles' Aqualina-- w/re to the detailing.

Here's another perspective on the height issue. 55W is fat. It may not be a 500 footer, but it's almost as massive overall; that's a big puppy. It already looms largely on the skyline from both directions of I-4.

I'm thinking 55W will be like a squatter version of Sunny Isles' Aqualina-- w/re to the detailing.

Here's another perspective on the height issue. 55W is fat. It may not be a 500 footer, but it's almost as massive overall; that's a big puppy. It already looms largely on the skyline from both directions of I-4.

Even the parking garage on the north side of the building is becoming CLEARLY visible from I-4.

As I drove around yesterday, I got sucked into the Anderson Street/I-4 on-ramp detour, which turned out to be pretty interesting because I got to see an angle of the skyline I've never seen before. Somewhere on Division just near the 408, you can get a great, nearly unobstructed view that shows all of our tallest buildings together and makes it look like a dense (yet long) skyline. I didn't get a chance to take a picture, though.