55 West

Tim3167

ditto.

everything except for the Exchange is older than... old. and the actual train sta. is on the Natl. Hist. Reg.

Sorry, guys I didn't intend to mislead anyone. The rail depot on the Southside of W. Church St. is listed, but I was referring to Church St. Station the retail concept that was not unique. Below is a link to Main St. Station the Vegas outpost that Bob Snow created.

Main Street Station

Orange County Buildings on the National Register of Historic Buildings

Sorry, guys I didn't intend to mislead anyone. The rail depot on the Southside of W. Church St. is listed, but I was referring to Church St. Station the retail concept that was not unique. Below is a link to Main St. Station the Vegas outpost that Bob Snow created.

Main Street Station

Orange County Buildings on the National Register of Historic Buildings

as for me, all I know is that the portion of CSS, which includes Club Paris, and the former locations for Rosie O'Grady's, and Cheyene Saloon, and the multilevel mall they closed... that section, needs to be renovated, rejuvinated, and reopened once 55W opens. that place was awesome. Even Barkley got arrested there for throwing a patron thru a glass window. And if Commuter Rail does in fact open a station there, it will really help solidify it as a retail center.

Hello everyone. My wife found this website via a google alert and thought I may be interested.

My father is Bob Snow, who as you said developed Church Street Station in Orlando as well as Main Street Station in Las Vegas. His first "creation" was Seville Quarter in Pensacola, FL, which is still alive and kicking if you ever get a chance to stop by. http://www.rosies.com/rosies/default.asp I heard someone say that this was a "chain" but trust me those are his only three and he poured his heart and soul into each one of them.

I appreciate all the kind things you said regarding my father and Church Street Station in general. I hope everyone enjoyed going there during the "good ol' days" I know I sure did. We can never bring them back but hopefully downtown Orlando will make some kind of comeback in the very near future.

Hello everyone. My wife found this website via a google alert and thought I may be interested.

My father is Bob Snow, who as you said developed Church Street Station in Orlando as well as Main Street Station in Las Vegas. His first "creation" was Seville Quarter in Pensacola, FL, which is still alive and kicking if you ever get a chance to stop by. http://www.rosies.com/rosies/default.asp I heard someone say that this was a "chain" but trust me those are his only three and he poured his heart and soul into each one of them.

I appreciate all the kind things you said regarding my father and Church Street Station in general. I hope everyone enjoyed going there during the "good ol' days" I know I sure did. We can never bring them back but hopefully downtown Orlando will make some kind of comeback in the very near future.

^Yeah .... went there when I was at Cory. Good times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice update. This tower is really going to block out most of the Suntrust cluster from the Northbound angle of I-4. I suppose it is a small sacrifice!

I am not so sure it is a small sacrifice. If a building is going to be relatively short, which this one is.... (about 380 feet) it should be relatively slender.... this building is not slender at all..55W is going to look like a big fat hotel; the footprint is huge. I think it will end up looking like a slightly taller VAB. It promises to look awful heading west on I-4, it may look okay heading eastbound. This project needed more height and a smaller footpring in my humble opinion.....YUCK

Edited by GregoryMCSE

I am not so sure it is a small sacrifice. If a building is going to be relatively short, which this one is.... (about 380 feet) it should be relatively slender.... this building is not slender at all..55W is going to look like a big fat hotel; the footprint is huge. I think it will end up looking like a slightly taller VAB. It promises to look awful heading west on I-4, it may look okay heading eastbound. This project needed more height and a smaller footpring in my humble opinion.....YUCK

I couldn't agree with you more. It's gonna be a big fat chunk sitting there blocking off the view of the relatively slender Suntrust tower while still allowing the goofy looking Suntrust roofline to be seen just above it's own. No more view of the Citrus Club Tower or whatever they're calling the CNA building these days, either.

I've never thought that was a good location for that building, but it's happening whether I like it or not, so.... gotta live with it I guess.