55 West

Tim3167

Here's the deal:

Level 1 is the first double-height floor.

Level 2 is the next double height floor, except, Level 3 is on the parking garage side within it-- it is one level on the Church St. side, but 2 levels towards the parking deck. this is the level where the art gallery is supposed to go. I am pretty sure about it-- could be wrong though, b/c according to that photo, I can't see any floor separations there-- It looked like there was one several weeks back...

Level 4 is the first normal height level.

Level 13 doesn't count, therefore, they are on the 14th floor, otherwise, they are on the 12th floor.

I wonder if they are going to call it Level 1, Mezzanine, Level 2, ????, Level 3, etc.

I thought new buildings do have a 13th floor and not going on the old theory that it is bad luck.

I don't think its gone away yet. In China it is even worse (I guess four sounds like death in Mandarin)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirteenth_floor

However the Empire State Bldg. seems to have one.

http://j-walkblog.com/index.php?/weblog/po...loor_available/

In Europe the first floor is normally floor 0 but I can't remember if they have worries about #13 over there or not. I was in a european elevator more recently than I was in one that had more than 12 floors....

Edited by neon9

I thought new buildings do have a 13th floor and not going on the old theory that it is bad luck.

nope. many being built today dont have a 13th floor. it still comes up as a sales issue, even today. if there's the slightest chance it may alienate even a small handful of buyers, you can bet it will continue to be skipped.

I can't believe people in this modern era actually believe in that hogwash.

Modern era, huh? Look at some of the things people believe today. Look at how unable we are to see and to admit that our way of doing things is unsustainable.

Speaking of global warming, check out some of the discussions that followed on US internet sites when the recent IPCC report was issued. Look at all the things going on in the world that we seem determined to ignore until we can't possibly ignore it any longer. Look at the people who have fooled themselves into thinking we're altruistically helping Iraq while we launch cruise missles at their neighborhoods.

As James Kunstler said, we'll keep doing what we've always done, until we can't, then we won't anymore. We're like kids who don't want to do our homework.

But anyway, back on topic. Does the PTP/Soliare have a 13th floor?

Edited by neon9

Modern era, huh? Look at some of the things people believe today. Look at how unable we are to see and to admit that our way of doing things is unsustainable.

Speaking of global warming, check out some of the discussions that followed on US internet sites when the recent IPCC report was issued. Look at all the things going on in the world that we seem determined to ignore until we can't possibly ignore it any longer. Look at the people who have fooled themselves into thinking we're altruistically helping Iraq while we launch cruise missles at their neighborhoods.

As James Kunstler said, we'll keep doing what we've always done, until we can't, then we won't anymore. We're like kids who don't want to do our homework.

PTP: nope. no 13th floor.

Iraq: Iraq and Afghanistan sandwich Iran from the east and west. no need to analyze it beyond that why we're there.

God: people will believe in whatever is not antagonistic to their lifestyle, or is convenient to their lifestyle...

Solaire-- pretty sure no 13th floor.

Slow down there cowboy, I didn't mean for this to become a discussion on Iraq.

These are probably the same people who believe Global Warming is caused by humans! :rofl:

Yeah, like those crazy wacko NASA climatologists.

If only they'd listen to the highly educated scientists and experts who are trying to tell us it's all a myth spread by crazy tree huggers who just want to see our taxes raised.

Legitmate scientists and experts like Rush Limbaugh, or Jerry Falwell, etc.

The bottom floor is double the height. The second tall floor is really two floors. If you look from the back of the project you will see the 3rd floor snuggled in there. It is hard to tell from the front of the building.

I knew it! thought I was going crazy for a second there.

is there a thread for this stuff? someone should make one. I read part of that article, though... interesting. If you want My spin on stuff, I'll tell ya... we need another thread, though.

Slow down there cowboy, I didn't mean for this to become a discussion on Iraq.

I know, it just sounded like a good example of our cognitive dissonance and just how silly some of our beliefs really are, I didn't really want to focus on the subject itself....my apologies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...