1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

On 1/2/2023 at 10:08 PM, Plasticman said:

At what point is this considered “under construction”?

I'll defer to the many here who know way more about such than I do.  From posts I've read, I think it's not until permits have been granted for grading, waste water, and/or foundation work.  Not sure which comes first.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Demo  of older portion of YMCA continues; can basically see the footprint for the tower now.

Looking NE from intersection of Church Street Viaduct and Upper 10th Ave. North (platform Way):

1010 Church, Jan 15, 2023, 1.jpeg

1010 Church, Jan 15, 2023, 2.jpeg

They are making very swift progress, which is so exciting to see!

At this rate, I would think they should be able to start the digging portion of construction for the new tower, within a month. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Brings up a question, does the FAA limit on buildings height apply to observation towers? Or broadcasting towers? 

Yes it does, I remember a few years ago when they built that observation tower in Las Vegas and the developers had wanted it to be much taller but the FAA wouldn't allow it. 

2 hours ago, MontanaGuy said:

I would like to see observation towers included in a list like that even though they're not a building because they have the same impact on a skyline.  Las Vegas and San Antonio would both move up!  By the way, I just moved into the Viridian on Church St. and I'm going to be able to watch this building go up right from my living room on the 18th floor!  The view is incredible! 

Need the view photo

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

Need the view photo

I'll get it done soon.  It's complete chaos in my place now and I'm having new floors put in tomorrow but I'll get to it as quick as I can.  I've also got friends and relatives waiting for it!  So far I really like it here but it's even louder outside than I expected, even at 3:30 AM! 

5 hours ago, nashville born said:

Saw a population list for 2023.  Didn't realize Nashville has risen to number 20 in the country by population. 

Not to go too far off topic here but just a quick side note:  Murfreesboro grew by 2.72% between 2020 and 2023 and is actually up to 168th in population in the country, up eleven spots just from 2020, which is incredible!  In just three years it managed to pass Alexandria VA, Patterson NJ, Killeen TX, Sunnyvale CA, Lakewood CO, Jackson MS, Kansas City KS, Bayamon PR, Corona CA, Springfield MA, and Hollywood FL.  Pretty astounding growth!

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 4