Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

5 hours ago, j-man said:

Don’t know if this was mentioned but this will officially be the tallest residential building in the entire city passing The Vue. 

Taller than the Museum tower? That's pretty cool. This thing is really going to make a difforence visually.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, CLT Development said:

Coming from no where, the Vue will remain the tallest residential tower in Charlotte, its 7 floors taller and has a decorative crown. I would imagine we are talking 525' max on the residential tower vs. the Vue's 576' 

I'm assuming the source is Wikipedia, which is moderated by someone that has no idea what they are talking about, and if you try to change things it reverts back.

For Instance: 

Ascent South End – Wikipedia Height – 310'  Actual Approved Height per Filed Elevations – 257'. 
Radius Dilworth – Overlook – Wikipedia Height – 345'  Actual Approved Height per Filed Elevations – 299'
110 East – Wikipedia Height – 305'  Actual Approved Height per Filed Elevations – 301'
Robinson Bradshaw aka 600 South Tryon – Wikipedia Height – 318'  Actual Approved Height per Filed Elevations – 366'

Etc. Etc. 

UPDATE – It'll be 503'

Adding to your list; 2161 Hawkins is filed at 300’ (It is listed as 318’ on Wikipedia)

• Like 3

On 6/9/2023 at 3:09 PM, DJ8hep said:

Update today! Looks like part of College street is blocked off!

There have been some absolutely brilliant traffic redirections through that area recently.  Heading into uptown on Tryon, can't tell if a northbound lane is blocked off between Carson and Morehead or if that block has been closed during rush hour, but traffic has been backed up from Bland St to Carson Blvd on several recent evening commute drives.  Mint St between Carson and Morehead has also been closed which has meant Church and Winnifred are the only streets connecting Carson and Morehead, and those have been completely clogged up due to gridlock on Morehead.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nicholas said:

There have been some absolutely brilliant traffic redirections through that area recently.  Heading into uptown on Tryon, can't tell if a northbound lane is blocked off between Carson and Morehead or if that block has been closed during rush hour, but traffic has been backed up from Bland St to Carson Blvd on several recent evening commute drives.  Mint St between Carson and Morehead has also been closed which has meant Church and Winnifred are the only streets connecting Carson and Morehead, and those have been completely clogged up due to gridlock on Morehead.

(N)CDOT Sucks. It's as though they just don't care (for more proof see that CDOT doesn't change traffic light timing when the road with the signals is under such construction that there's no need for the light - South Boulevard pipe project anyone).

• Like 4

7 hours ago, davidclt said:

(N)CDOT Sucks. It's as though they just don't care (for more proof see that CDOT doesn't change traffic light timing when the road with the signals is under such construction that there's no need for the light - South Boulevard pipe project anyone).

CDOT doesn’t directly have full control of traffic lights, if I’m not mistaken. It is all managed at Metrolina TMC where it’s not just CDOT. They monitor traffic and manage the timing of traffic lights. There our thousands of intersections in Charlotte. I am not well aware of how their system works, but it is likely not worth the time to them to do what you said is not being done. They do manage to change things a bit during rush hour and big emergency situations so the events run more smoothly than otherwise. Sorry I could not offer a more detailed or accurate response as to why they don’t manage intersections more efficiently.

Edited by JRCLT
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JRCLT said:

CDOT doesn’t directly have full control of traffic lights, if I’m not mistaken. It is all managed at Metrolina TMC where it’s not just CDOT. They monitor traffic and manage the timing of traffic lights. There our thousands of intersections in Charlotte. I am not well aware of how their system works, but it is likely not worth the time to them to do what you said is not being done. They do manage to change things a bit during rush hour and big emergency situations so the events run more smoothly than otherwise. Sorry I could not offer a more detailed or accurate response as to why they don’t manage intersections more efficiently.

Thanks for that.  Honestly, I get frustrated at times and my first instinct is to rush to judgment about local government's incompetence.  The reality is that government executives are heavily involved in the day to day operation of complex systems with a multitude of binding constraints, conflicting stakeholders, and myriad and at times conflicting objectives.  The operational challenge before them is, frankly, far more difficult than what happens for most roles on the private side in corporate America.  And they're dealing with our complaint and fastidiousness for a fraction of the pay.  Our sucking makes their job suck.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CLT Development said:

IBM has a patented AI traffic management system that is working in both the Triangle and Triad. Their stop lights actually make sense there.  Yesterday on College Street I experienced the below from Brooklyn Village Ave all the way to the turn off onto North Tryon.

https://twitter.com/CLTdevelopment/status/1669086845676789760?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Is that the city's clumsy way of traffic-calming/speed-reduction?

• Like 3