Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

6 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I'm going Coastal so I'll wait until is completed to state the height.  All indications are higher than 500 but less than 600.  How come every building announced in Nashville can have an exact height and we are always guessing here like with DEP.

Does Charlotte not have a design & review board that approves projects where the city posts pdf files on the their website showing the height of them?

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, gman430 said:

Does Charlotte not have a design & review board that approves projects where the city posts pdf files on the their website showing the height of them?

No, I don't believe so. That was one cool thing about Seattle's permit process, the general public could go online and see all the PDF submissions for every single new building.

• Like 4

On 5/26/2023 at 9:44 AM, Madison Parkitect said:

No, I don't believe so. That was one cool thing about Seattle's permit process, the general public could go online and see all the PDF submissions for every single new building.

Thanks and that’s unfortunate. It’s the same way here in Greenville as in Seattle. Everything proposed downtown goes through the DRB and all aspects of the project including the proposed height gets posted in a pdf file on the city’s website for the general public to see. Sad and crazy the City of Charlotte doesn’t do that especially in the year 2023. Where’s the transparency? 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

Looks like the office tower is now shorter than the residential tower? That's not totally unexpected in this economy though 

Yes they are now saying 35 floors about 600,000 sq ft but that is reflective of the office market right now. I think we will be about to count the number of new office buildings starting on 1/2 of one hand.   everything is about do you have anchor tenant? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Yes they are now saying 35 floors about 600,000 sq ft but that is reflective of the office market right now. I think we will be about to count the number of new office buildings starting on 1/2 of one hand.   everything is about do you have anchor tenant? 

That’s better than nothing, and it still looks great.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2023 at 9:11 AM, KJHburg said:

Sadly, I wonder if that means it won't break 500ft. I know that's a vanity height we all like to see, but I'd be upset to see it missed here. 

16 minutes ago, Rufus said:

Sadly, I wonder if that means it won't break 500ft. I know that's a vanity height we all like to see, but I'd be upset to see it missed here. 

I think it will be around 500 or a little more.  11 floors are ground floor retail or parking podium then the office floors start.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2023 at 11:00 AM, Madison Parkitect said:

Oh, I didn't realize that. OF COURSE the state decided to make a state-wide rule that should have been left to local jurisdictions.

Ahhh, the party of small and limited government hard at work.

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I think it will be around 500 or a little more.  11 floors are ground floor retail or parking podium then the office floors start.  

So is this going to be 35 floors of office above the 11 of parking or 35 floors total?

• Like 2