East Bank – I-24 to the Cumberland/I-24 Overpass up to Jefferson – 338 Acres, Nissan Stadium, "Imagine East Bank"

downtownresident

20 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Is Metro even ready to get the job done over here?

No. 

The "East Bank" has to be the answer to everything.  Affordable Housing, Transit, Neighborhood Friendly, an NFL Stadium, TPAC...oh and the infrastructure needs to appear magically for free.  It's too much.  I would not characterize this as a half a$$ job by any stretch.  The expectations are just ridiculously high and the program is too much.

• Like 3

Totally agree!! With Smeags ! It’s time to sh$t or get off the pot! projects like the above mentioned along with Station East , and those few hotels, should have been already well underway. Metro seems to have no plans as to what comes next, and the excuses that it all takes time are just that EXCUSES . 

Edited by Luvemtall

The counties/cities across the whole state are woefully behind in planning for growth that’s already here. I was just looking at those population estimates released by UT and I’m amazed by the growth in Knox and Hamilton. Yet our county hasn’t connected and widened roads in the fastest growing areas. So you have Publix and Food City massive shopping centers built at crossroads of two-lane county roads. Streets around the regions largest shopping hub are the same as when my family moved here 20 years ago. Just saw an article last week that Ham will have an additional 100k residents by 2045… but no plans to support that growth. And TDOT I’m sure just wants Chattanooga to be clogged up permanently with traffic. I heard recently that TN has $2billion ‘rainy day’ fund and the IMPROVE act was supposed to get dozens of planned projects started. And don’t get me started on the idiotic Pay Go policy of TDOT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, CandyAisles said:

No. 

The "East Bank" has to be the answer to everything.  Affordable Housing, Transit, Neighborhood Friendly, an NFL Stadium, TPAC...oh and the infrastructure needs to appear magically for free.  It's too much.  I would not characterize this as a half a$$ job by any stretch.  The expectations are just ridiculously high and the program is too much.

Again, Metro should have done better at their homework. They should’ve had this all figured out BEFORE they went ahead with this whole process, they all State, Metro etc jumped the gun to get the Stadium deal done throwing in the “Neighborhood “ concept to please the masses , without a clue as to what happens next. They created a mess, and are now crapping their pants trying to find a way out. In the meantime good solid projects are in jeopardy. 

My next question is why has not any of the infrastructure started for Oracle?  You would think by this time that Metro would at least be working on some of the water/sewer and beginnings of the Spine Road up there but is this another one they are undecided about?

This has been on the radar a lot longer than the Titans project and we are not seeing anything happen as far as infrastructure. You would think Metro would be very excited to get this underway and finished or has this hit a snag as well?

Or is this a case of Metro again not knowing what it is going to do? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If the Blvd and JRP redo are not in the foreseeable future, then they expect RMR, RangeWater, RevPar , Oracle to hold their hands on their asses till then? That’s obviously wrong and needs attention now. Those developers already spent millions on property, and are expecting a ROI sooner rather then later. Plus get them built will start adding to the tax rolls. 

40 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

My next question is why has not any of the infrastructure started for Oracle?  You would think by this time that Metro would at least be working on some of the water/sewer and beginnings of the Spine Road up there but is this another one they are undecided about?

This has been on the radar a lot longer than the Titans project and we are not seeing anything happen as far as infrastructure. You would think Metro would be very excited to get this underway and finished or has this hit a snag as well?

Or is this a case of Metro again not knowing what it is going to do? 

I would venture it is more likely that Oracle does not pursue a large campus.

• Like 2

Doesn’t Oracle lose its incentives if it don’t provide the amount of employees they committed to? Wasn’t it north of 5000 ? That would require a sizable amount of space , therefore I would expect that they build something substantial on that property 

Edited by Luvemtall

20 hours ago, markhollin said:

Meet Brian Awe of Fallon Co, who will be spearheading the initial phase of development on the East Bank:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2024/03/21/east-bank-boston-developer-fallon-brian-awe.html

A link to Fallon Co and portfolio of their work

https://www.falloncompany.com/portfolio

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

What is this area here with the concrete roofs... I know it's schematic, but if that's just parking lots and not park space, missed opportunity for sure. 

image.png.ef540db29baf19341c56e73b47836017.png

I believe this was an early placeholder (only) for TPAC.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lmc123 said:

Which section is being developed by the Titans - other than the stadium? Wasn't there a Titans village of some sort?

I don't believe the Titans themselves are playing developer anywhere outside of the multi-use facility. As far as I know, the "village" is essentially this first 30 acres. They will have a seat at the table with Fallon, but I do not believe they are the ones orchestrating anything beyond the multi-use facility.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

The residential facing PSC Metals is an interesting/hot-button conversation piece. We talk alot about the clean up/remediation of PSC Metals, yet now we are saying our low income folks (ones that live here at least) would live next to and be exposed to those same pollutants that the scrapyard produces. Speaks volumes at the social thought that goes into our location choices. Put one of the hotels here and place the affordable housing (or housing in general) elsewhere. At least the hotel guests would only be exposed to it for the short period of their stay. I know there are market implications of hotel looking at PSC versus Residential, but at what point does the social costs become a real implication?

Glad you brought this up, and yes it can become a very interesting and hot topic quickly! Because there’s no way that certain politics can’t be ignored. With that said, I agree with you that there’s an injustice being committed and in all seriousness needs to be addressed. In all likelihood, it will get swept under the rug by some account and go down as planned. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

Glad you brought this up, and yes it can become a very interesting and hot topic quickly! Because there’s no way that certain politics can’t be ignored. With that said, I agree with you that there’s an injustice being committed and in all seriousness needs to be addressed. In all likelihood, it will get swept under the rug by some account and go down as planned. 

Personally I don’t see the injustice by placing the affordable homes here. No one has a right to live in the area they want and get a fat discount at the same time. I am all for affordable housing like every other decent person, but I don’t think developers should carve out the best portions of developments for it

• Like 4

2 hours ago, subkyle said:

Personally I don’t see the injustice by placing the affordable homes here. No one has a right to live in the area they want and get a fat discount at the same time. I am all for affordable housing like every other decent person, but I don’t think developers should carve out the best portions of developments for it

Fair enough, and any AH is welcome. IMO I believe the days are numbered for PSC at that location anyway, as things get rolling on these East Bank projects there will come the right development team to make the “offer “ that will finally make the deal

• Like 4