The Edge | 32-Story Mixed Use + SunRail Station [Proposed/Demo Underway]

HankStrong

3 hours ago, JFW657 said:

We could possibly end up with another Church St garage/Magic Entertainment Complex or Pizzuti block style long term empty lot eyesore in the middle of downtown again if this project falls through and the economy doesn't pick up any time soon. 

I'm always for holding off on demo'ing anything until the last minute.

Agreed. Wouldn't it be better to just reopen it for the time being? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JFW657 said:

We could possibly end up with another Church St garage/Magic Entertainment Complex or Pizzuti block style long term empty lot eyesore in the middle of downtown again if this project falls through and the economy doesn't pick up any time soon. 

I'm always for holding off on demo'ing anything until the last minute.

I agree in general but that ballroom blocks access for walking along the western side of the rail tracks from Church to South.  

On 4/22/2020 at 8:53 AM, jack said:

Must be getting ready to demo. You need a pest control certificate to receive a permit. 

...not so sure they got one of those when they demo'ed Jaymont Block.  There were rats everywhere.  it was ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

They didn’t have time. Buddy and Cameron only rented the bulldozer for the night.

I was working on Pine right there.  The Thai place and other restaurants got rat attacked; so did our office and others.

• Like 2