Centric Hotel, 20 stories, 252 rooms, 8,000 s. ft. retail, March, 2019 start, C.B. Ragland, 200 Molloy St. (2nd Ave South & Molloy)

markhollin

I would think they will move utilities right away because the footprint of the hotel extends into the current road, but not sure if they will repave the road or wait as the construction process will probably require area around the site. Seems silly to pave a street only to close it and have a crane and have trucks on it which could ruin it. 

1 minute ago, TheRaglander said:

Not with those massive construction trailers there.  They seem to be in the way of the straightened out of Molloy.

I've looked at the location and they are sitting at the edge of a new Molloy. I have a feeling that Molloy will be closed throughout construction and not reopended until it's complete.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, downtownresident said:

You would be correct. 

The tower crane is going to be in the middle of the current Malloy street. I’d imagine that repaving Malloy and moving the sidewalks will be done last. They’ve been doing a lot of utility related work around the site for quite some time. 

There is a painted square with 5 circles in the middle of Molloy..........in between the white and blue truck in the last pic posted.  Has been there a week or so, but could be where the foundation for the crane is going.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

^ ^ ^ Molloy Street will be relocated about 15 feet to the south in order to straighten it between 2nd Ave. and 3rd Ave.   This is all part of the plan.  Ragland owns both parcels on either side of Malloy, so there was no issue in getting parties to agree.  Not sure why the dogleg happened in the first place a hundred years ago.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ Molloy Street will be relocated about 15 feet to the south in order to straighten it between 2nd Ave. and 3rd Ave.   This is all part of the plan.  Ragland owns both parcels on either side of Malloy, so there was no issue in getting parties to agree.  Not sure why the dogleg happened in the first place a hundred years ago.  

Makes me sad.  I love crooked streets.  

• Like 1