Centric Hotel, 20 stories, 252 rooms, 8,000 s. ft. retail, March, 2019 start, C.B. Ragland, 200 Molloy St. (2nd Ave South & Molloy)

markhollin

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

So about as tall as Drury?

From one of the massing diagrams floating out there, it appears to be slightly shorter than the Encore apartment building. IDK how tall Drury is, but it will sit a bit higher at KVB. This building may well be covered in shadows all day long after the property immediately south (other side of Molloy Street) gets developed. Well, I guess it will pick up some morning sun. 

So is The Listening Room building gone? 

20 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

From one of the massing diagrams floating out there, it appears to be slightly shorter than the Encore apartment building. IDK how tall Drury is, but it will sit a bit higher at KVB. This building may well be covered in shadows all day long after the property immediately south (other side of Molloy Street) gets developed. Well, I guess it will pick up some morning sun. 

So is The Listening Room building gone? 

The old Listening Room is still there. Empty.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

It looks nice, and I am glad to finally have an update on this one. That said, I'm a little scared of how that garage treatment will turn out in reality. I appreciate the attempt at masking it ( *ahem* West End Hyatt House) but the sort of asymmetrical dividing of the panels is really reminiscent of 222 next door, and I fear a similar result where the patterns of the garage and tower facade end up clashing.