Orlando Magic Entertainment Complex [Proposed]

Dale

On 11/22/2023 at 7:17 PM, Uncommon said:

There is a hotel.

“A 260-guest room "lifestyle hotel" that will have an outdoor lounge and pool deck, along with 16,000 square feet of meeting space and a "chef-driven" restaurant concept.”

is it part of the residential tower?

On 11/23/2023 at 8:36 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

A 337ft building and a 140 fr office tower and a free standing garage?? 

waste of space.

whatever that middle section is is also waste of space.

god I am hating my hometown more and more .

it'll be ok.  I was  in Sarasota/Longboat, St. Pete, and Tampa.  Coming back here, I did a mental comparison on several aesthetics.  Longboat and Sarasota are very sterile...St. Arman's Circle, very nice...been there a few times... Downtown St. Pete (at least a two block width at the core) was very clean.  Bradenton to Sunshine Skyway is a wasteland; I prefer OBT ( the bad parts).   St. Pete along 275 is so foreign to me...nothing to see on the sides of the highway; totally unlike Orlando.  Orlando by far is the closest downtown cluster to their expressway.  Downtown St. Pete to I-275 is like if I-4 was by Citrus Bowl (the other side).  

Take the bad with the good...I still prefer Orlando (maybe because I'm so used to it).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

it'll be ok.  I was  in Sarasota/Longboat, St. Pete, and Tampa.  Coming back here, I did a mental comparison on several aesthetics.  Longboat and Sarasota are very sterile...St. Arman's Circle, very nice...been there a few times... Downtown St. Pete (at least a two block width at the core) was very clean.  Bradenton to Sunshine Skyway is a wasteland; I prefer OBT ( the bad parts).   St. Pete along 275 is so foreign to me...nothing to see on the sides of the highway; totally unlike Orlando.  Orlando by far is the closest downtown cluster to their expressway.  Downtown St. Pete to I-275 is like if I-4 was by Citrus Bowl (the other side).  

Take the bad with the good...I still prefer Orlando (maybe because I'm so used to it).

I will say. I like how of an all the Florida big 6 downtown Orlandonis the only downtown that while driving through it it is IN YOUR FACE. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I will say. I like how of an all the Florida big 6 downtown Orlandonis the only downtown that while driving through it it is IN YOUR FACE. 

Downtown Miami is pretty far away from the expressway but still in your face just due to the sheer size and height.

driving-in-miami-2.jpg

• Like 1

When the interstate was in the planning stages, I-4 was to run considerably west of the current location up what is present day OBT / JYP area before making a slight eastern shift north of downtown.

It faced fierce opposition and was rerouted to the present day scenario. This is the reason there is the sharp turn on I-4 at JYP as it snakes through the area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Arguably, Miami, ATL, and NOLA are the only major top tier cities in the entirety of the Southeast. Honorable mention to Nashville.

Tampa has the bones but is still decades behind. It will always be limited by lack of mass transit alternatives until that becomes available.

Edited by Ivanhoe

NOLA has an impressive skyline? I would argue that Nashville has a more impressive skyline than NOLA  from what i remember but I have been there in 20 years . LOL

On 11/26/2023 at 10:13 PM, JFW657 said:

Downtown Miami is pretty far away from the expressway but still in your face just due to the sheer size and height.

driving-in-miami-2.jpg

i would say the dolphin expressway and the McCarthur Causway have a much closer vantage point for DT Miami

6 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

Arguably, Miami, ATL, and NOLA are the only major top tier cities in the entirety of the Southeast. Honorable mention to Nashville.

Tampa has the bones but is still decades behind. It will always be limited by lack of mass transit alternatives until that becomes available.

New Orleans?? Maybe 25 years ago. These days, its influence is very muted. Charlotte, Tampa, Orlando and Nashville dwarf it considerably.

NOLA is closer to Raleigh, Memphis, Charleston and Jacksonville imo, though at the very top of this tier.

• Like 1