Orlando Magic Entertainment Complex [Proposed]

Dale

The article says all we need to know:  Baker Barrios “Architects” 

Another Uncreative Village.

Spencer was right, Orlando needs new and fresh leadership. 
All buildings in downtown Orlando with any architectural significance were not built with that group involved. Unfortunately, they are so looped into the fabric of the city that it’s nearly impossible to build anything in Orlando that doesn’t become bland.

Edited by prahaboheme

5 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

The article says all we need to know:  Baker Barrios “Architects” 

Another Uncreative Village.

Spencer was right, Orlando needs new and fresh leadership. 

“Needs” denotes that there is a legit choice in design direction.  I told people years ago that Tim Baker was on the arch review board.  If you read my posts you’d recall this…and look at the results and percentage of BBA awarded projects…

Anyway, in DTO, ”needs” ala design is a penny that you throw into a wishing well.  It’s more so a ‘hoping in one hand and sh!tting in the other’ scenario.  At least with corrupt places like Chicago and NYC, you’ve got world renowned architects and engineers.  SOM designed Sunbank, but that was it…a one pump and dump.

itizwhatitiz…

54 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Sorry, remind me what visually significant proposals the city or ARB has been nixing

well…(joking of course) This was an FAA issue then apparently small issue of no funding.

Although this is significant because if I recall this was designed by ARQUITECTONICA

IMG_0534.jpeg

Edited by Tim3167
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 12:30 PM, JFW657 said:

Those buildings look so "Orlando".

Boring, uninspired, generic and bland.

Suburban office park.

The architectural equivalent of a plaid shirt. 

plaidshirt.jpg 

I am somehow being attacked in this thread now? HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's ok.  I just wear them to work.

4 hours ago, HankStrong said:

I am somehow being attacked in this thread now? HAHAHAHAHAHA

It's ok.  I just wear them to work.

Don't feel bad, I've worn them too.

A  boss once quipped that the shirt I was wearing looked like the front seat of a Yugo....

message-editor-1535170747788-2018-08-249 

:hi:

I think I still have it, as I never discard anything. 

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaack!!!!!!

In the news, that is. 

Redesigned again. 

And a developer has been selected.

Groundbreaking by the end of 2024.  

Let's all start holding our breath now. 

Screenshot-20231016-212807.jpg

Screenshot-20231016-212902.jpg

Screenshot-20231016-212945.jpgmagic-2023-rendering-2*900xx1920-1080-0-

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2023/10/16/florida-nba-orlando-magic-sports-developer.html

Bull crap. When it's complete is when I'll believe it. 

Sure,  go ahead and make them look almost exactly like equally bland buildings that already exist across town. Not that it matters, it's not like you're ever actually going to build the thing. Also, the development's largest building got turned into... just a parking garage. Neato. You know, we already had one of those before you tore it down for no good reason. Can't wait for the next design iteration where it's just a surface parking lot. 

Edited by F-L-A
  • Thanks 1

I am so over this F*ckn town. This bozo mayor does nothing while Alex Martins and the Devos' pull this crap. After a dirt lot sits empty for YEARS...we now get a parking garage, a half a$$ed suburban office building cut in half and a fat @ss wall of china part2 (copy of society x) with a vizor. That hideous wide monstrosity will kill any "views" we had from Exploria when the tv cameras pan towards SunTrust. Under-I Park is now back to parking, the Lightning get a 3.5b development and we get this???? This town is such a crap show and this incompetent red neck Gomer Pile wanna-be of a Mayor is the ring leader. 

PRIME real-estate in DTO becomes this, meanwhile Miami has 2-3 1000' buildings going up designed by real architect firms...

Edited by orlandouprise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Uncommon said:

Bull crap. When it's complete is when I'll believe it. 

10 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

Now that the visor has snuck it’s way into this decade’s long effort, I’m confident this version gets built in another few years (with a few floors chopped off).

9 hours ago, F-L-A said:

Sure,  go ahead and make them look almost exactly like equally bland buildings that already exist across town. Not that it matters, it's not like you're ever actually going to build the thing. Also, the development's largest building got turned into... just a parking garage. Neato. You know, we already had one of those before you tore it down for no good reason. Can't wait for the next design iteration where it's just a surface parking lot. 

3 minutes ago, orlandouprise said:

I am so over this F*ckn town. This bozo mayor does nothing while Alex Martins and the Devos' pull this crap. After an empty dirt lot sits empty for YEARS...we now get a parking garage, a half a$$ed suburban office building cut in half and a fat @ss wall of china part2 (copy of society x) with a vizor. That hideous wide monstrosity will kill any "views" we had from Exploria we the tv cameras panned towards SunTrust. Under-I Park is now back to parking, the Lightning get a 3.5b development and we get this???? This town is such a crap show and this incompetent red neck Gomer Pile wanna-be of a Mayor is the ring leader. 

Hmmmmmmmm..... I could swear I detect a note of negativity and cynicism on this issue..... :unsure:  

12 hours ago, F-L-A said:

Holy crap!  I missed that.  Central had the Lymmo line and between the Courthouse, the parking garage, the AdventHealth training center, its shaping up to be the most pedestrian unfriendly stretch of downtown blocks ever.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JFW657 said:

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaack!!!!!!

In the news, that is. 

Redesigned again. 

And a developer has been selected.

Groundbreaking by the end of 2024.  

Let's all start holding our breath now. 

Screenshot-20231016-212807.jpg

Screenshot-20231016-212902.jpg

Screenshot-20231016-212945.jpgmagic-2023-rendering-2*900xx1920-1080-0-

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2023/10/16/florida-nba-orlando-magic-sports-developer.html

Nice Visor.