Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Towne Nashville (5 stories, 329 units, ground level retail, internal garage) udpate:  I beleive it is fully complete andopen.

Looking NW from intersection of Rosa L. Parks Blvd. and Garfield St:

Towne Nashville, April 23, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking south from Rosa L. Parks Blvd. just north of Buchanan St:

Towne Nashville, April 23, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking NE from intersection of Garfield St. and Nassau St:

Towne Nashville, April 23, 2023, 3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, markhollin said:

Towne Nashville (5 stories, 329 units, ground level retail, internal garage) udpate:  I beleive it is fully complete andopen.

Looking NW from intersection of Rosa L. Parks Blvd. and Garfield St:

Towne Nashville, April 23, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking south from Rosa L. Parks Blvd. just north of Buchanan St:

Towne Nashville, April 23, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking NE from intersection of Garfield St. and Nassau St:

Towne Nashville, April 23, 2023, 3.jpeg

Very Soviet. No street activation. Can you imagine all the noise from Rosa Parks and the adjoining freeway?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

The addressing plan did show two retail slots (1701 & 17003, but the development apparently changed course at some point. If you reference the photos below, there were supposed to be three sets of doors along Rosa Parks, but in fact there is a side entry to one space and that is it. Clearly something happened along the way where this ±5,000 SF Retail Shell Space has become something else with very limited access and activation. This has no activation along the Rosa Parks frontage, and seemingly resident only activation along Garfield.

Was this one wood frame on a concrete pedestal? It may be that the developers put residential on the ground floor but can convert to commercial space at a later date. Infinity Midtown (or whatever stupid name they gave the already stupidly-named Dallas) is another example of this. It's a way to hedge your bets and still get revenue out of a space when the retail market is shaky.

22 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

Was this one wood frame on a concrete pedestal? It may be that the developers put residential on the ground floor but can convert to commercial space at a later date. Infinity Midtown (or whatever stupid name they gave the already stupidly-named Dallas) is another example of this. It's a way to hedge your bets and still get revenue out of a space when the retail market is shaky.

I believe it was just straight wood frame. They utilized a precast garage, but I don't believe this is a podium structure.

I get a kick out of these building putting windows on the property line. Moxy did it, and now those rooms windows will be covered up. This bar is doing it and when Bootleggers/parking lot redevelops they will prolly get covered up again. From a code perspective, I am not quite sure how these are approved, but somehow they continue to be.

• Like 4