Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

The recently opened Hyve (5 - 8 stories, 83 condos, 6,700 sq. ft. retail, internal garage) has started a partnership with Placemakr, a third-party management firm for owners who wish to rent their properties as STR's.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/05/23/ca-south-placemakr-partner-on-pie-town-hyve.html

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/real-estate-notes-pie-town-building-units-now-being-sold/article_db2c3422-f9ae-11ed-89bc-bf6786032d80.html

Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 12.50.16 PM.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Depot (3 stories, 70 seat bar, 3 residences) on 1/10 acre at 630 Division St. is moving forward with Specific Plan Rezoning being sought at the June 22nd Metro Planning Commission meeting. Jim and Candace Higgins are the developers; Chisel Workshop is the architect; Catalyst Design Group is the engineer.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/real-estate-notes-midtown-residential-plan-progresses/article_2644c3f4-f8e5-11ed-9a43-230cbf273ad6.html

Depot, May 23, 2023, render 1.png

Depot, May 23, 2023, render 2.png

Depot, 600 Division, Nov 28, 2022, site map 1.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

1002154206_DepotMay232023sitemap.png

Wow. i can't believe they can shoehorn all that on that fingernail POS bit of land! They will have to build up a major base to get it to street level.  It also will be awfully far off the beaten path  from other bars on Division and a total lack of nearby parking.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Wow. i can't believe they can shoehorn all that on that fingernail POS bit of land! They will have to build up a major base to get it to street level.  It also will be awfully far off the beaten path  from other bars on Division and a total lack of nearby parking.

Love the creative use of space. Has potential to be a decent neighborhood bar with surrounding density!

Across the street from Albion (415 apts) and Haven (299 apts), adjacent to Paseo South Gulch (up to 800 apts + 180 hotel rooms), and across the Division St viaduct from Modera SoBro (700+ apts).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, andywildman said:

Love the creative use of space. Has potential to be a decent neighborhood bar with surrounding density!

Across the street from Albion (415 apts) and Haven (299 apts), adjacent to Paseo South Gulch (up to 800 apts + 180 hotel rooms), and across the Division St viaduct from Modera SoBro (700+ apts).

And just 1.5 blocks to the east will be another 715 apts. at Modera SoBro.  This could definitely become a neighborhood hangout just for the locals.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Yeah I’m thinking besides the damn railroads tracks. Brew Works is right there could be the start of a little neighborhood. 

Oh I agree, there will be steady business from Haven and Albion.  However I don't think there will be a lot of interaction with Breworks as you would have to backtrack up the stairway and hike across the viaduct.  maybe the demolition of the warehouse on Sixth at the foot of viaduct will clear out some of the homeless hanging out under the viaduct since it deprives them of their toilet area.  probably it is agood thing the rooftop doesn't wrap to view across the railroad.  The view towards the back of Brewworks is crap.

Thanks for those pictures Mark, seems like it’s taking a long time for this project to get any substantial progress made. Those two walls and a gutted interior have been the view for months now, one would think that the rebuilding of the two remaining walls and some interior framing would have taken place to some degree by now. Hopefully this isn’t the same crew from the Blue Parrot, and this will be the same three years from now.

• Like 2

Perhaps this has been asked/answered on this board, but I missed it. Will the windows be restored to their original locations? I recall there were several that had been filled with brick and it threw off the whole look of the building. On a related note, I believe this building was also shortened at the 2nd Avenue side a long time ago to allow street improvements. Not sure about that last point, but someone posted a picture of this building  in its original form and it was proportional along the Broadway side. Can someone here confirm? 

Thanks Bos2Nash for that information. Is this building on any historical register? With that amount of work being done and basically only the two walls saved , is it a historical thing or just a way around permits? Remodeling existing buildings grandfathers certain things doesn’t it? Where as new construction is a whole other ballgame. IMO if there’s no historic significance, tear it down and start over. Cost for this kind of rework is probably more then new construction in the long run.

I guess I might be a little old school in some ways, but it sure would be nice to see some of these big name celebrities put their names and branding on a theater with actual shows . Not necessarily do they have to perform there , but a show of some sort be it musical, comedy, or whatever. 

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

I guess I might be a little old school in some ways, but it sure would be nice to see some of these big name celebrities put their names and branding on a theater with actual shows . Not necessarily do they have to perform there , but a show of some sort be it musical, comedy, or whatever. 

I agree. A theater that could host for long term residency some New York Broadway style shows would be very successful. Create some original musicals like a story about boy meets girl, boy and girl split up, boy and girl get back together, only set to John Denver songs. Like 'Annies Song', 'Leaving on a Jet Plane' Sunshine on My Shoulders' (when he meets the daughter named Sunshine, he didn't know he had) and close with a raucous audience sing-along to 'Country Roads', It would be a tourism draw on itself.

1634887235_PYG1.jpg.1f9b41d8e1b462d54b7abf65565a4904.jpg

A theater set I designed and built. It was supposedly used in a Hallmark movie. I don't know which one.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MidTenn1 said:

I agree. A theater that could host for long term residency some New York Broadway style shows would be very successful. Create some original musicals like a story about boy meets girl, boy and girl split up, boy and girl get back together, only set to John Denver songs. Like 'Annies Song', 'Leaving on a Jet Plane' Sunshine on My Shoulders' (when he meets the daughter named Sunshine, he didn't know he had) and close with a raucous audience sing-along to 'Country Roads', It would be a tourism draw on itself.

1634887235_PYG1.jpg.1f9b41d8e1b462d54b7abf65565a4904.jpg

A theater set I designed and built. It was supposedly used in a Hallmark movie. I don't know which one.

TPAC hosted a new musical built around  country music hits last year, “May We All.” It was supposed to run seven weeks, but barely lasted three weeks with LOTS of really discounted tickets. It was widely promoted online, but I don’t know how it was marketed otherwise. Very talented, experienced Broadway pro leading actors/singers and a local ensemble. I thought it was okay-not terrific, by any means. It’s a tough sell for this sort of thing in Nashville. (Or so it would seem.)

screenshot from mayweallthemusical.com

IMG_6860.jpeg

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 4