Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

A permit is being sought related to the updates of the interior of 128 2nd Ave. (3 stories)  for once housing The George Jones museum, restaurant and bar.  It will now be home to DraftKings Sports & Social and a cowboy-themed bar.  A partnership comprising Atlanta-based The Ardent Companies and local real estate investor Jeffrey Welk paid $28.5 million for the building in July 2022.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/real-estate-notes-metro-oks-rezoning-for-elliston-tower/article_1c674282-e92f-11ed-8dee-a77640e47a09.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is my understanding (after speaking with a Raisin' Canes rep up here) that there will be no live music at this location. I hope that changes because if not it may go the way of the Chicken Guy. Apparently the Taco Bell Cantina is still hanging in there on 2nd Ave. and they serve alcohol and feature live music.

If it's on Broadway or even 2nd Ave.,  it's gotta be something special and not just a carbon copy of what you can find out in the 'burbs. That was Chicken Guys downfall I think, but we'll see.

• Like 2

Was wondering the same thing. Seems misplaced for a "chicken joint" that won't have live music or beer, especially with the current price of real estate anywhere near there. And will the upper floors be dining space only? I say that b/c I've only been to the Canes in Knoxville and they do not sell beer. Are the margins from selling chicken baskets that large?  Seems a sure bet this one will sell beer. 

20 hours ago, bnacincy said:

It is my understanding (after speaking with a Raisin' Canes rep up here) that there will be no live music at this location. I hope that changes because if not it may go the way of the Chicken Guy. Apparently the Taco Bell Cantina is still hanging in there on 2nd Ave. and they serve alcohol and feature live music.

If it's on Broadway or even 2nd Ave.,  it's gotta be something special and not just a carbon copy of what you can find out in the 'burbs. That was Chicken Guys downfall I think, but we'll see.

I do not go on Broadway for anything other than an occasional stroll on a Sunday morning and never, never, never to eat food. I just do not get going into every venue and expect live music. I would like a little peace and quiet while I am eating. I hate country music so much that it upsets me to go into a Longhorn and eat when the music is turned up. That ruins my lunch to a certain degree. Same when they are playing rap hip hop or any of the new music. Sorry Taylor Swift your music sucks in my ears the same as everyone elses. If a place has the music blaring or if a band is playing which is rare, I just will not eat there. As much as I love Mexican, I would not want a mariachi band playing next to me. I just prefer to get my live music in a venue where I am planning on seeing live music, not while I am eating and having a conversation.

This is me. I am set in my ways. I do not go out drinking except for an occasional beer here and there. My vacations do not include live music as live cover bands are a dime a dozen and once you leave Nashville or Austin, they get a lot worse. The problem with bands is they think they have to play loud to be good which is not the case. Just do an acoustic set and most of the time that is just as good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, bnacincy said:

So are you thinking that they need live music and adult beverages at the Apple Store? Not everything needs to be that way. Not all of us crave those things 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3