Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

37 minutes ago, markhollin said:

An upscale Taco Bell Cantina will be the street-level tenant at 131 2nd Ave. North, which Mark Bloom and Larry Papel bought a year ago.  They have been making upgrades to the 120 year old 5 story structure.

Taco Bell Cantinas serve wine, sangria and beer and a more upscale menu that found at a conventional Taco Bell. The concept debuted in 2015, offer notably pricier menu items and no drive-thrus. The Taco Bell Cantina website show about 30 restaurants in the United States.

No word on when it will open, or what will be on the upper 4 floors yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21135564/taco-bell-slated-for-second-avenue-downtown

If they operate at late night like normal Taco Bells, then they will absolutely rake in money with the drunk honkey-tonkers

• Like 3

A couple of new renderings are available for 2 projects going before MDHA Design Review Committee for the Buena Vista neighborhood on Thursday, June 4th.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21135794/approval-sought-for-sobro-leaning-skyscraper

1020 Jefferson St. (3 stories, 27 units):

1020 Jefferson St, June 1, 2020, rendering.png

1025 10th Ave. North (3 stories, 6 units?):

1025 10th Ave North, June 1, 2020, rendering.png

• Like 2

A Roy Orbison Museum is coming to an unidentified site on 2nd Ave. in 2021.  The museum will use artifacts from Orbison’s career that are currently being stored in The Orbison Building at 1625 Broadway, along with other materials they’ll collect from around the world. It will employ 20 people.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/06/01/exclusive-downtown-museum-to-honor-music-icon.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

If only there were a way we could consolidate all of these individual museums into one mass, all-encompassing country music museum... you might even call it a hall of fame... wouldn't that be a grand ole place!  :P

That would be WAY too easy.  No one wants easy. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Love all of the museums...but I'm ready for somemfemale honky tonks (Carrie Underwood...Miranda Lambert...Reba, etc) and more female singer museums (like Dolly, Reba, Tammy Wynette).

Also...more non-music museums.

If Nashville could get an Emmylou Harris and/or Loretta Lynn and/or Dolly Parton museum and a Natural History Museum I would be very pleased!

2 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Nashville is very fortunate to have BOTH the comprehensive museum/hall of fame AND an assortment of specialty music museums. Many cities would be overjoyed to have either of these options as an attraction. In the tourist business, like in much of the retail sector, the theory of critical mass is...well, CRITICAL.  The more there is to do, the higher numbers of people who will come here for a visit. Bring ‘em on! All of them. :tw_glasses:

I agree, I was just kidding... the more museums the merrier in my book!! :)

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

When I was running on the gulch greenway yesterday I noticed some guys testing ground on the big patch of grass directly behind the Grainger building on Charlotte. There’s a lot of property back there! Anyone have any clue what the owners are looking to do?

• Thanks 2