Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

51 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

I get booing Roger.  I don't get why Nashville boos Bettman.  (NHL commissioner) He has done EVERYTHING for Nashville... he was a big part of getting us a franchise and helping it stay here.  He's a huge fan of this franchise.  

Because he's the commissioner. You wouldn't see anyone cheering for Vince McMahon would you?

wF5GwnA.gif

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

OMG, that just hurts my eyes. Not only the structure but the hideous colors. That is the one of the first things people will see and is BUTTUGLY coming around the corner, not to mention the Worlds not so largest adult bookstore.

Those are the company colors for Public Storage but that does not give them the right to splash them all over our skyline!

20 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

You have to boo Goddell, it's the NFL way.

He takes it in stride, as he remembers his $44 million salary...

I don't think we will get a super bowl until we get a dome and I don't see that happening either unless the Struk's put up all the money. And unfortunately they would leave before they do that. I think we will have Adelphia, LP, Nissan stadium for another 20 years. Just with major renovations in the next 3-10, depending on how well the team does.

Image result for goodell clown shirt

• Thanks 1

^Wow!  I definitely did not expect Brooklyn Bowl to head to the north side!  I think their clout and name alone will be enough to draw people up that way though, so hopefully this will be the beginning of a miniature retail/nightlife revival up that direction!

• Like 3

203 2nd Ave. North (on the NW corner of 2nd Ave. North and Church St.) has sold to TriStone Properties for $5.4 million.  That is 6 times more than what it sold for last in 2012 ($900,00). Built in the early 1900s, it is 3 stories tall, covering 9,600 sq. ft. The price is equivalent to about $560 per sq. ft.  

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21059988/downtown-building-sells-for-54m

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 1.25.04 PM.png

• Thanks 2

On 3/13/2019 at 9:22 AM, Bos2Nash said:

FYI, was over at Peg Leg this past weekend and Patagonia was open. 

The wife and I went to the grand opening party on Thursday, 2/28, along with over 500 other people.  The line was 2-3 across and down the block because the store was so full they weren't allowed in.  It opened at 6PM but we didn't try to get in until 8:30 because the line was so long.  They shut down at 9:30 rather than 9:00 to accommodate the crowd.

• Like 1

Anyone know what this is going to be? It’s going in where Agenda used to be on 9th next to Uncommon James etc... I assumed it was part of the BarkBox dog park but there seems to be nothing online about it besides the East one. This might be the permanent location for the park since it seems like they were just doing a test run in East. Should be great for the area!

2B0C6353-60A1-48C0-8B82-364BEE0FE03D.jpeg

42EAED74-5F7B-43B5-8067-0679972615C6.jpeg

Edited by roa
  • Like 4

Wow, the Ole Smoky portion has taken it to a new level.  

Fun fact:   Ole Smoky's distillery in Gatlinburg is the most visited distillery in the world.    Think about that.    More than Jack Daniels,  George Dickel, anything in Kentucky, Macallan, Jameson, etc.     It helps being located at the entrance to the most-visited US National Park and that, well, there are only so many fudge shops one can visit in Gatlinburg.    But still, quite impressive.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

First Baptist Church has landed the first of many permits for their $34 million campus upgrade project at Broadway and 6th AVe. South.  It is for $103,000 to cover demolition of the structure on that corner by Demo Plus.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21060253/images-released-for-sobro-brewery-site

• Like 3