Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, nashville_bound said:

Has anyone else heard that Patagonia is landing  in the gulch?  

I also heard the Ann Taylor Loft store is the lowest performing in the entire country....ouch.

Looks like Patagonia has made it official!

1863449735_PatagoniaintheGulch.png.de359a24bf2204be8f28ee4c3bf26f1d.png

My wife goes to The Loft in The Gulch regularly and finds good items on sale.  I've been with her numerous times and I always see other customers there.  On the weekends, it's not unusual to see a couple of guys standing out front while their ladies are shopping.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 5:01 PM, smeagolsfree said:

The fries will probably be 5 bucks and a coke 3 dollars, plus tip 20 bucks. Plus they will charge you for the extras on the burger I will bet.

My wife and I had lunch at the Restoration Hardware restaurant at MOGH on New Year's Day.  Fries were $8 but the mayonnaise was perfect.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

The picture and the old library predate the 1963 mid-century building that still stands. It was built in the Beaux Arts style of many Carnegie libraries of the early 20th Century. It was demolished to make way for the 1963 building.

This is the west-facing front of the building. The early post WW2 era in America was a disaster for historical buildings/architecture. Just look at Atlanta. 

pc-tn-nashville-carnegie-72.jpgCarnegie%2BLibrary%2Bsm.jpg

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Council approved an aerial encroachment for the Kid Rock resturant sign. 

27-3 - Cooper, Lee, Murphy voted no. 

516D7ED8-8B24-4E9F-B1E7-CB8670F41D9E.jpeg

Apparently, some felt the sign is offensive or tacky (or something like that) which was causing the controversy

This was supposed to be Harry O's Steak House. And before that, the original historical building was to be converted into a Walgreens (instead of being torn down). Metro council passed a resolution that essentially banned businesses that aren't honky tonks on lower Broad....

Will anybody learn from this? Are the people who complained about the sign also the same people that complained about the original Walgreens proposal? Karma?

Edited by LA_TN

7 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Will anybody learn from this? Are the people who complained about the sign also the same people that complained about the original Walgreens proposal? Karma?

Learn what, exactly? That you need to agree with every crappy proposal from a developer or you might get a worse project?

In case anyone is interested, Novel Coworking at 501 Union St. is hosting a free open house Fri. Jan. 25th from noon to 5 PM to show off newly renovated downtown commercial floors. Wine, beer, cheese, and other snacks will be featured. 

More info here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/novel-coworking-broker-open-house-tickets-54369591913

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Learn what, exactly? That you need to agree with every crappy proposal from a developer or you might get a worse project?

I think @LA_TN is referring to the proposal to renovate and restore the historic Trail West building and put an urban Walgreens on the street level.     There were a few council members and others who proposed an absurd ordinance to restrict lower broad businesses solely to honky tonks and boots.    Walgreens pulled out of the deal and the developer abandoned the renovation plan, with the result that Steve Smith bought the property, tore down the Trail West building in the dark of night and today we have this Kid Rock buffoonery.      

• Like 4

The 11 story, 214 room Hilton Garden Inn Suites at KVB and 3rd Ave. South sells again (has switched hands twice in 11 months) for a whopping $125 million.  That works out to $584,112 per ROOM ($155,000 more per room than Nashville's previous biggest hotel sale)! 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/01/04/sobro-hotel-worth-125m-to-this-record-setting.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 2

Council had to approve the variance from the signage height requirements in the Broadway overlay district guidelines.    Technically, all they were voting on was the size variance, not the content of the sign.    But by approving, it means we will get a giant woman's butt sign.     Maybe Hooters will move next door.      #metoo    

Ok...now I see it.  I was looking at the sign and saw the little donkey on there, which, of course, symbolizes an A$$.  But now I see that the bottom of the guitar shape is like a female's butt.  It's still not some significant "there's a naked woman" image...but I get where some would think of it as somewhat misogynistic.

2nd Avenue Townhomes (currently u.c. and seen several posts above this), has been renamed Taylor Germantown.  New rendering below.

More info behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21039498/germantown-townhome-project-progresses

2nd Ave Townhomes, Taylor Germantown, Jan, 2019, render.png

• Like 4

On 1/4/2019 at 12:29 AM, titanhog said:

It has a donkey on it...right?  That's not as bad as just outright using the word A$$.  What bothers me more is the P***Y word on the wall inside.

Anyone going into that place isn't probably going to be offended by the P word...

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

I'm saying how did BZA not take care of this? Did the bar appeal it all the way to the council?

Since this falls under an urban design overlay and an historic overlay pretty much everything goes in front of the full council.

I don’t think you can really blame council for this. If you want to direct ire somewhere direct it toward the first amendment. This may be tacky and inconsistent with how Nashville wants to project itself, but it doesn’t reach the level of obscene or vulgar.  As long as it doesn’t do that the government can’t limit what is on a sign.

• Like 3