Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 8/4/2018 at 9:37 AM, nashville_bound said:
On 8/3/2018 at 9:06 PM, FrankNash said:

How a city takes care of its  most vulnerable says everything about that city. 

21 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:
On 8/4/2018 at 9:37 AM, nashville_bound said:

I completely disagree, but support your opinion to take such an extreme stand ....I am curious which city or cities pass this rather high bar?

(Relevant quotes above)

It is interesting you choose to virtue signal based on your (Purposeful?) mischaracterization of my post. An easy way to avoid this in the future is with the available ‘quote’ feature on the board. So you are arguing against a straw man when you write....(see quote below)

21 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

"Extreme" to want to assist those most in need? Wow... that is not a world I want to live in.  And people wonder why people are leaving the church in droves

‘If’ you want to support the original assertion (by FrankNash) We can have a real discussion.....but I doubt you do as it is ‘extreme’ and unrealistic. 

Edited by Guest

The converted warehouse that had been the home for 8 months to Kuchnia & Keller at the NE corner of  3rd Ave. North and Monroe is going to reopen as Mop/Broom Mess Hall, and will be very family-oriented in menu and presentation.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/08/07/city-house-cheftandy-wilson-to-open-second.html

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21016933/noted-local-chef-eyes-second-germantown-restaurant

• Like 2

Live + Breathe wellness and health services is going to be the primary tenant in a significant remodeling of 905 Gleaves St., next to Peg Leg Porker in the Gulch. It has been approved by MDHA Review Committee today.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21016909/gulch-building-could-see-major-upgrade

905 Gleaves St, Live and Breathe, Aug 7, 2018, render 1.png

905 Gleaves St, Live and Breathe, Aug 7, 2018, render 3.png

905 Gleaves St, Live and Breathe, Aug 7, 2018, render 4.png

• Like 1

I deleted my comment as it was not helpful to the health of the board..... let’s move along. 

13 hours ago, SoundScan said:

Or perhaps it's more to do with your condescension.  Throwing in a handful of buzzwords from the internet debate starter kit doesn't help; most on this board are perfectly capable of dissecting an "argument" on their own.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The owners of Chicago-based deep dish pizza chain Gino’s East are targeting an early 2019 opening in the SoBro building last home to Italian restaurant Sole Mio.

There will be a complete overhaul of the one story structure at 311 Third Ave. S. with more than $1.1 million in interior and exterior upgrades. Barry Brechak Architecture + Design is handling the design work. When finished, the building will offer a large-scale outdoor dining area, distinctive "Gino's East of Chicago" signage, a brick exterior, and a walk-up window to buy slices of pizza. A rendering is below.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21017015/early-2019-opening-slated-for-ginos-east-in-sobro

Kind of fascinating that in the middle of all that density they're sticking with one story and sinking that much money into it. Why not at least toss up a few floors of walk-up airbnbs above it?

Embrey Partners will build-out the undeveloped 9.7 acre parcel at 101 Athens Way in MetroCenter into an 11 building (ranging from 2 to 4 stories) apartment campus featuring  323 units.  It will have surface parking.  

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21017383/apartment-project-eyed-for-metrocenter

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/08/10/texas-developer-plans-apartments-next-to-titans.html

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 8.31.22 AM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent Development Map shows the location:

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 8.33.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 8.36.04 AM.png

• Like 2

I’ve heard a rumor of a condo building that is planned with a similar concept somewhere downtown. Owners would be allowed to rent out their units a large percentage of the time to supplement income. For the developer could make sense because it could increase the average sales prices based on expected income. 

The Griff--formerly Hammer Mill--(5, 6, and 7 stories, 259 apts., 2 restaurants) update.

Looking SE from intersection of Adams St. and Van Buren St:

Griff, Aug 4, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking east from intersection of Adams St. and Taylor St:

Griff, Aug 4, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking NE from Adams St., 1/2 block north of Taylor St:

Griff, Aug 4, 2018, 3.jpg

Looking east from Adams St., 1/2 block north of Taylor St:

Griff, Aug 4, 2018, 4.jpg

• Like 2