Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

The property you're referring to is the sliver of land directly adjacent to the Firestone property next to the service road. It was previously a used car lot but has since been torn down.

The Firestone building is still slated for a teardown-rebuild into a flagship store in anticipation of Bridgestone's retail division relocation to Nashville in mid-2017. Last I heard it would be a 2-story structure with a parking deck on the roof.

1 minute ago, SoundScan said:

The property you're referring to is the sliver of land directly adjacent to the Firestone property next to the service road. It was previously a used car lot but has since been torn down.

The Firestone building is still slated for a teardown-rebuild into a flagship store in anticipation of Bridgestone's retail division relocation to Nashville in mid-2017. Last I heard it would be a 2-story structure with a parking deck on the roof.

I was hoping for something more inviting than a rebuilt Firestone at that corner, but at least it will have a fresher look after the rebuild, and it will serve an obvious need for downtown. As for that tiny lot for sale next to Firestone -- that spot isn't even big enough for a Waffle House, let alone a hotel or apartment tower. I can't imagine what it could ever be used for, other than paid parking for the Gulch.

A couple of observations from my walk around downtown yesterday are that the barcade on 2nd ave. south has started. The Savannah Candy Kitchen on Broadway will have a bar on it's rooftop that is connected to the new honky tonk to the right of said shop. Sun records diner on 3rd ave. south is getting close to opening and the steakhouse at the corner of 3rd and Lower Broadway is now pouring footers for the base.

• Like 3

Nashville Underground (105 Broadway) to be expanded and feature a giant guitar on the rooftop. As a result of this, anything I deem to be "because it's Nashville" like this, or Travis Kelty, posts will be edited unless they include a hashtag. For no reason in particular. #becauseNashville

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/02/16/guitar-shaped-rooftop-patio-proposed-lower-broadway/80466148/?hootPostID=02845cd38fb775d9a6eaa3cc0057ba26

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mundiejc said:

I just noticed that Cottage Partners LLC who has been discussed here before owns the old Herman Street Apartments. They've just pulled like 2 million of rehab permits on the property. Anyone know anything?

..No I don't  know of anything, but I do know that  Herman Street Apartments has (had) been nothing but trouble during the last 30 years (or longer).  I know of at least 2 gun deaths in those drug-infested traps that occurred during the last 20 years, and one of the victims I had known.  I do recall them being built around 1961-62, when the scrap-metal baler (current site of the current Seventeenth Avenue Apartments) was in full force across that track from them.

A 70-home subdivision is planned for North Davidson County, with owner Trinity Lane Realty LLC to go before the Metro Planning Commission Thursday, March 10, to request approval of a concept plan. The owner has enlisted Nashville-based Civil Site Design Group to assist in the engineering and land-planning process. The subdivision would be located on 22 acres of land with address of 869 and 1005 West Trinity Lane (see here courtesy of Google Maps) in a part of Nashville that continues to see an uptick in development activity. The site is located on the north side of the Cumberland River, with MetroCenter on the river’s south side.  (from Nashville Post)