Graduate Hotel, 12 stories, 2000 West End Ave., 203 rooms, 5,500 sq. ft. retail/restaurant, 7,500 sq. ft. conf. center

markhollin

1 hour ago, Nash_12South said:

There is minimalist chic on one end and this on the far other end. It's fun when everything looks new. I just wonder how well it will age. Not my taste but it will be big on social media, which is the point.

The good thing is that hotels do update and renovate over time. Graduate Hotels may feel the need to do so more often than others! :tw_smirk:

“Part of the joy of what we’re bringing to Nashville is the unexpected,” Greg Bradley, general manager for Graduate Nashville, told the Business Journal. “The brand is playful, fun and creative by nature so we’re looking to accentuate that in one of the most fun and creative cities in the country.”

The Graduate Nashville offers three distinct food and beverage options.

Poindexter, an all-day cafe, features a bar made from hundreds of black pencils. It offers breakfast sandwiches, salads, snacks, coffee, beers, ciders and wines. 

From an entertainment standpoint, the Graduate wanted to touch on nostalgia with Cross-Eyed Critters Watering Hole, an animatronic karaoke bar complete with a backup band of robotic musicians. The trio — a bear, pig and a fox, reminiscent of what you might find in a Chuck E. Cheese — performs songs such as “Sweet Child of Mine” by Guns N’ Roses and “Islands in the Stream” by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton, among others. Cross-Eyed Critters will serve tacos and other items, and will also have a separate entrance on West End Avenue. 

Miss Bessie’s, Graduate Nashville’s forthcoming rooftop bar and restaurant, will be an indoor-outdoor rooftop next to a pool dubbed the “Governor’s Pool.” The beverage program will be overseen by Demi Natoli, formerly of Nashville’s The Patterson House.

NBJ has a feature and virtual tour with many shots of the same things I took over the weekend. I've posted ones that are different below.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/01/08/virtual-tour-vintage-nashville-shines-through-at.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Graduate Hotel, Jan 8, 2020, 1.png

Graduate Hotel, Jan 8, 2020, 2.png

Graduate Hotel, Jan 8, 2020, 3.png

Graduate Hotel, Jan 8, 2020, 4.png

Graduate Hotel, Jan 8, 2020, 5.png

Graduate Hotel, Jan 8, 2020, 6.png

Graduate Hotel, Jan 8, 2020, 7.png

Graduate Hotel, Jan 8, 2020, 8.png

Graduate Hotel, Jan 8, 2020, 9.png

Graduate Hotel, Jan 8, 2020, 10.png

Graduate Hotel, Jan 8, 2020, 11.png

• Like 2

This thing will either be a smashing success... or an embarrassing flop.  Obviously, they're not marketing to me. But I could see certain people being drawn to a place like that, like the kind of people who would actually sit on that saddle at the bar (BTW: can you see the pencils?). Some people need an 'event' at every turn. I'd guess they're targeting groups. A big old country (and western) house with so many bedrooms. And you can sleep with Dolly, Crystal and Minnie. 

Edited by MLBrumby

10 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

This thing will either be a smashing success... or an embarrassing flop.  Obviously, they're not marketing to me. But I could see certain people being drawn to a place like that, like the kind of people who would actually sit on that saddle at the bar (BTW: can you see the pencils?). Some people need an 'event' at every turn. I'd guess they're targeting groups. A big old country (and western) house with so many bedrooms. And you can sleep with Dolly, Crystal and Minnie. 

The pencils are in the other bar (Poindexter's). You can see them in markhollin's other photos above or in the Tennessean link.

I actually kind of dig the lobby. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, e-dub said:

This place isn't at all marketed or geared to me, but I love nearly everything about it. They lost me with the Showbiz Pizza Place joint, but I think this place is fantastic.

8 hours ago, e-dub said:

This place isn't at all marketed or geared to me, but I love nearly everything about it. They lost me with the Showbiz Pizza Placint, but I think this place is fantastic.

If Opryland Theme Park was a hotel 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’m loving the divide this place is showing on the forum. Usually the forum generally has a consensus. This place is so bold some people are even saying it may flop... I think it’s great and I’m a early 30’s straight male FYI. I’d say the actual rooms are a bit feminine for sure though.. I don’t think this will be host to many bachelor parties...

• Like 1

From their website. Their “mission statement.”

Memory making stops, extraordinary rites of passage, and all of the courageous leaps of faith that get you where you’re going. Welcome to Graduate – where the school of life meets your favorite place to stay.

To be a Graduate is to be part of a well-curated, well-crafted collection of hotels that reside in the most dynamic university towns across the country. Every site and property celebrates and commemorates the youthful optimism of school days and cultivates the spirit of each community in a bright new way.

Every smart cultural nod in the place winks at the heritage and history of each unique town. Bask in the unexpected, where little moments of surprise and discovery will meet you down every corridor and around each corner. Our warm, friendly and whip smart staff can guide you in and around town so that you feel like a local, at home again – even if it’s your first time in town.

So, expect the unimagined, but know that the luxury of a getaway (or just getting down to business) are all part of the charm and soul that make staying here a smart choice. Sure, we could go on about our comfy beds and five-star touches and all, but rest assured you’ve never had a night quite like this before. In other words, we’ve done our homework.

We’re glad you came to stay after school. Graduate Hotels® – where smart never goes out of style.

Find out what’s new at Graduate Hotels over on the blog.

• Like 1

In looking through the gallery of  photos from all of Graduate Hotels locations, Nashville’s is unique, and the guest rooms are decidedly more feminine in style. I find it also done with more of a sense of humor, and the look has grown on me. (I tried to link the gallery page from their website, but my Google is uncooperative this morning.) Check it out.

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 1