Radius | 13-Story Residential [Under Construction]

smileguy

4 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

WaWa DT in walking distance from where I work would actually be DAF! 

I have a feeling Wawa isn't interested in downtown locations.   When they were looking at the plot at the corner of Fern Creek and 50,  I believe the city wanted a more downtown-y layout at that location,  but Wawa wanted their ubiquitous Florida gas station plan.   Who knows if Wawa has any plans at all to do a different format down here.

This seems to be Florida-centric on Wawa’s part (just a guess - perhaps because 7-Eleven had a 50+ year head start here and is so ubiquitous?)

That said, Wawa does apparently do urban locations, most recently in DC proper, as discussed here:

https://cstoredecisions.com/2019/08/15/wawa-continues-expansion-in-washington-d-c/

From C-Store Decisions 

Wawa’s stomping grounds of eastern PA is also relatively dense, so it would seem odd if they didn’t have any in-town stores there. Wiki notes a store, for example, in Center City Philadelphia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wawa_(company)

Another facet is that, at least at one point, 7-Eleven moved away from urban stores in favor of larger suburban locations with gas pumps. That was ostensibly because they were more profitable.

That philosophy seemed to change once control of the company switched to a Japanese firm. Given Japan is one of the world’s most densely populated countries (particularly around Tokyo), it stands to reason the new owners felt more comfortable with urban locations than a company born and raised in Texas might have.

Edited by spenser1058

Diarrhea And Farts :sick:

12 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

WaWa DT in walking distance from where I work would actually be DAF

Dumb And Foolish?

Decisive And Final?

Dire And Foreboding?

Dark And Fearsome?

Damp And Fungal?

Doing A Favor?

Divorced Asian Female?

Drunk As F**k?

Drugs Are Fun?

:dontknow:

This internet abbreviation slang is just becoming too much for me.

Edited by jgardnerucf
DAF
  • Haha 1

I love the new terminating vista. Might be anecdotal, but I feel the visual wall has begun to force people to slow down - I've noticed a natural bit of a traffic calming lately. But then again, it could be related to the lower volume of traffic caused by the pandemic lol.

11 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Such a fun term - imagine what Visit Orlando could do with it: “Come to downtown Orlando and be TERMINATED!”

Nah, we're small potatoes because we're late to the game. Old cities have been doing it better, long before we finally got the memo. Those cities have architectural gems at the focal point, instead we have... never mind. :tw_smirk:

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Haha 1

So does that extra height bottom floor count as two on the floor count?

Usually you can tell which floor number is which because they have it spray painted on something next to the construction elevator, but I can't see a construction elevator in any of the pics.

Technically there is a 2nd floor for the lofted live work units (comprised entirely on the 2x floor height "first floor"), so if you count it out that way, the amenity deck is on floor 8, and the building totals 14 stories.

On paper I believe it to be a 13 story structure (which would be labeled "14" for superstitious purposes).

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ChiDev said:

Technically there is a 2nd floor for the lofted live work units (comprised entirely on the 2x floor height "first floor"), so if you count it out that way, the amenity deck is on floor 8, and the building totals 14 stories.

On paper I believe it to be a 13 story structure (which would be labeled "14" for superstitious purposes).

Thanks.

I think....  :huh: 

15 hours ago, ChiDev said:

"Ladies and gentlemen, a grizzly bear"

18 hours ago, ChiDev said:

Soooooo.... how many more to go?