MAA aggressively purchasing and building properties across Charlotte area in the past year.

nakers2

I've noticed recently that the apartment leasing company MAA (Mid-America Apartment Communities) has been buying/putting up their signage on many apartment buildings/complexes in the Charlotte area. I haven't been able to find many details about this, but just a few examples I can think of are 1225 South Church, now MAA 1225, the apartments across from the Harris Teeter in Southend (can't recall the prior name off the top of my head) and Phillips Place in Southpark. I've also noticed their distinct signage on complexes/buildings that I know have been around for years. Due to the general consistency in their branding, it's noticeable when they slap their very distinct and corporate logo on anything, new or recently acquired. 

I was hoping to start a discussion, or at least catalog how many Charlotte area properties they own. Whether they build new, or simply prefer to acquire/rehab properties, and poll the UP crowd on their general perception of this company and ones like it who appear to be creating a small monopoly on the rental market in the Charlotte area and how this might affect things moving forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My friend works for MAA in Richmond but basically they are putting their one name which is MAA on all their properties and REITS they have bought up.  The own the Post apartment brand now MAA and the Colonial brand that is why they are suddenly seeming to be everywhere not sure they really bought more in the area recently just rebranded. 

Here is their list of properties in Charlotte

Luxury Apartments for Rent in Charlotte, NC | MAA (maac.com)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, nakers2 said:

I've noticed recently that the apartment leasing company MAA (Mid-America Apartment Communities) has been buying/putting up their signage on many apartment buildings/complexes in the Charlotte area. I haven't been able to find many details about this, but just a few examples I can think of are 1225 South Church, now MAA 1225, the apartments across from the Harris Teeter in Southend (can't recall the prior name off the top of my head) and Phillips Place in Southpark. I've also noticed their distinct signage on complexes/buildings that I know have been around for years. Due to the general consistency in their branding, it's noticeable when they slap their very distinct and corporate logo on anything, new or recently acquired. 

I was hoping to start a discussion, or at least catalog how many Charlotte area properties they own. Whether they build new, or simply prefer to acquire/rehab properties, and poll the UP crowd on their general perception of this company and ones like it who appear to be creating a small monopoly on the rental market in the Charlotte area and how this might affect things moving forward.

I used them before. I had a good experience with them. It's hit and miss, like with any apartment company. They don't discriminate against pitbulls and have good amenities. 

• Like 1