Ritz Carlton Hotel /Residential (46 stories & 32 stories, 240 rooms, 150 condos, 185 apts,), 560 capacity garage

markhollin

19 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Let's start here....spectacular development as is!  Having said that, I'm starting a petition to compel the Ritz to stack the 10 unused floors of bonus height from the apartment building ON TOP of the main tower!!!  I give you...MEGA RITZ!!!! 

That's a good tasting cracker!

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 11:54 AM, Bos2Nash said:

hmmmm, this does get me thinking that the fact that they highlighted these floors without using them may indicate that this could be a "feeder" site and the height could be transferred to another development in town. Compete and utter speculation of course, but Transferring Development Rights has been utilized recently in town and could very easily be utilized again.

Does anyone know if they can sell these unused floors?  Under what conditions can they be used by a different entity?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

To me is would be feasible to think that the developer here could work a deal to sell the unused bonus height to another developer. If I had to speculate, the Ragland lot fronting KVB and 2nd Avenue would be a perfect spot to acquire some additional development rights.

I think that area is one of the areas in SoBro at least fronting 2nd that they can go unlimited with height. I would have to go back and look at the silly chart, but maybe Taylor can help me out. So they would not even need to transfer height there if that’s the case.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Nashcago said:

It's great that this brand wants to invest in Nashville and in such a big way, though I'm slightly let down that we're getting two more "Boxes" added to the skyline. The taller of the two may look similar to the Four Seasons... Another great brand, less than inspiring design.  Overall, very exciting about this, but I dream of the day when someone will push Nashville past the boxy phase and go for something a but more interesting. 

I disagree. Sure it’s rectangular, but most buildings are. I think there’s a lot of subtle detail here and the “green belts” reduce the “boxiness”. This seems to be something they’ve spent a great deal of time/money on.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

M2 Development's team will go before MDHA Design Review Committee today to seek concept plan approval.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/ritz-carlton-project-proposal-back-on-mdha-agenda/article_af043f10-1a45-11ec-8240-939227e08a72.html

MDHA: "Please make this 11 stories". 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

They had to exclude the Four Seasons and the Grand Hyatt.

Neither of which would have been in that rendering.  But why include the Renaissance? And, why leave out several office buildings.  Not even the iconic L&C.  And, look at out how disproportionate they made the R2D2 building to Batman .

I think they were trying to play down the skyline to make their box standout even more.... :tw_expressionless:

• Like 1