JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

Modern American steakhouse Bourbon Steak will occupy the top floor of the 33-story JW Marriott. The 280-seat Bourbon Steak restaurant will include two separate private dining rooms accommodating up to 20 guests each. Design elements will include satin bronze metal accents, red gum wood and bourbon-inspired hues.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2017/04/19/details-revealed-michael-minas-nashville-restaurant/100647564/

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, chris holman said:

There is nothing about this building I could complain about I just wish I was taller

At least it is going to appear taller than 34 floors. The cap alone looks like the equivalent of 3 floors. I just hope it has some sort of dramatic lighting. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

At least it is going to appear taller than 34 floors. The cap alone looks like the equivalent of 3 floors. I just hope it has some sort of dramatic lighting. 

If they'll do the LED lighting that rings each floor, it will be really dramatic.  I doubt it happens...but would be game-changing for downtown.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Because no one lives in the Westin.

I don't know why the Tennessean is playing up this steak house. They reported it a year ago. Must be desperate for a story.

I said "of" the Westin, not "from" the Westin. But it was a joke anyway. Thanks for being a buzzkill. 

But, man, the JW Marriot! 

Edited by Nashvillain
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GreenHillsBoy said:

They originally announced that the restaurant would be a high end Asian fusion restaurant, Hakkasan, which I've been to in London and New York.  Hakkasan is fantastic but apparently they felt we needed a twelfth big steak house which is hard to understand.

Wow, did they seriously have that plan initially?  I've been to Hakkasan in Vegas, and I don't know if it's like this at the other locations, but it was an ultra high-end nightclub there (normally not my scene, but it was Vegas, whatever)...and I can't really see that sort of place doing well in Nashville.  

On 4/19/2017 at 3:12 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Because no one lives in the Westin.

I don't know why the Tennessean is playing up this steak house. They reported it a year ago. Must be desperate for a story.

Momentary sidetrack regarding steakhouses: I saw that you've previously posted about Sullivan's Steakhouse, but I can't find any information on it's arrival in Nashville other than you mentioned (paraphrasing) it was taking forever.  Lil' help....please?

Edited by tragenvol