JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

Renderings released of interior elements of the JW Marriott.  If you go to the article, there is a description that goes with each slide (I tried posting each image here, but the site is not allowing them to be uploaded for some reason).

http://www.tennessean.com/picture-gallery/money/real-estate/2017/02/28/first-look-inside-the-new-jw-marriott-nashville/98532370/

While I tend to agree, I believe these are probably just very preliminary rough-hewn images, so as to just get a general idea of what the interior may be like. Hopefully we will soon see more updated images with much better conceptual decor, amenities, and furnishings. Surely it will have to compete head-to-head with the Westin, and they'll definitely need to "up their game" if they're going to do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, memphian said:

I'd say the design is spot on for today's luxury hotel market (JW Marriott is considered a luxury brand by Smith Travel Research). The industry's shift to modern clean lines and the designer admitting they were going for a masculine feel make sense when you look at the renderings. Though we should remember these are renderings so we can't see the quality of the FF&E (furniture, fixtures, & equipment). I don't disagree with directing the design to appeal to the male business traveler for that level of the hotel market, especially since the Westin has a decidedly feminine appeal to it. Overall a good, grown-up look that many visitors enjoy.

These renderings for the JW look very similar to the lobby and ground-floor restaurant in the Thompson Hotel in the Gulch. This is the new look for luxury, and I'm loving it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^Look at dem curves!! :wub:

The USS JW Marriott

Haha funny! I have always thought that the shape of the JWM reminded me of the funnel of a steam liner from the early 20th century....or a stick of deodorant :rofl:

11 hours ago, markhollin said:

Reminds me of the superstructure on a massive vessel in a shipyard.  : )

Looking SW from the corner of Demonbreun and 8th Ave. South:

JW Marriott 1, Mar 12, 2017.jpg

JW Marriott 2, Mar 12, 2017..jpg

Looking NW from along 8th Ave. South near Clark Place interchange:

JW Marriott 3, Mar 12, 2017..jpg

Looking NW from Music City Center Roundabout:

JW Marriott 4, Mar 12, 2017..jpg

So what is in the base of the Westin on the left? Is it still empty?

31 minutes ago, Titans101 said:

We all thank Mayor Dean for having the big freaking "Cajones" to have a vision to drop a little over a half billion dollars right in the teeth of a bad economy at that time for that 2nd legacy project. As asinine as it was Mayor Dean let people across the country know that Nashville was looking good and strong at that point and everyone across the nation was like "WOOOO" what's going on there and push their chips in on Nashville as well. That made an enormous statement. Those of us that use to live or are still there are excited seeing the ever changing skyline and massive developments continue for the city for years to come. I'm just curious of what Mayor Berry's legacy game changing project will be to put Nashville on that next level. 

4 people like this

Couldn't agree more.  What do you think Mayor Berry's big opportunity is for her legacy?  Bredeson with the arena and Titans, Dean with the MCC...  for her?  Transit?  East bank of Nashville with PSC?  MLS?

9 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

The JW will look pretty when complete, but this project is moving at a snail's pace.

Do you think it's because of the unusual shape? It seems like the SoBro went up slow as well. Perhaps there is something in the air in Nashville that resists structures that aren't square????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, troyboytn said:

Dean was a great, forward looking mayor and will definitely have my vote for Governor... With some cooperation from the GOP legislature (laughably unlikely that would happen, I know...) he could do hte same for the state as he did for Nashville.

P5TeuEh.gif

Edited by fieldmarshaldj
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, troyboytn said:

Dean was a great, forward looking mayor and will definitely have my vote for Governor... With some cooperation from the GOP legislature (laughably unlikely that would happen, I know...) he could do the same for the state as he did for Nashville.

635981808387919197475051218_ron%20swanso