5th & Broadway | 501 Commerce | NMAAM | 34 story apt, 26 story office, + 183,000 sq. ft. of Retail

MidTenn1

I noticed that work on the elevator core on the office tower stopped at the garage pedestal top level.   I wonder if the climbing elevator shaft equipment from the residential towers will be moved to the office tower and start rising there.     Offices typically having different elevator layouts than residential but just a thought.   

Interesting! So the 34-story tower is close to topping out. It certainly has been an impactful tower on the skyline.  I guess it has about 4 more floors to finish?  So with the glass and the extra floors, this one really stands out.

And we still have the office tower to watch. I guess it will be nearly as tall (only 26 floors, but taller floors)...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

National African American Music Museum (NAMM) receives another substantial gift, this time $6 million from the Convention Center Authority.

More at The Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/tourism/article/21077756/nmaan-to-receive-6m-in-funding-from-cca

I am as excited as anyone about the NAAMM getting more funding, but with budget shortfalls, I think everyone cent of the money from the CCA should go to metro employees. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nashvylle said:

But metro can receive a donation such as this for metro employee raises. 

That wouldn't be a permanent solution at all. I think the permanent solution is making the businesses pay their way on property taxes. 

Apple does a lot of artist shows and things like that in their stores, hopefully they have a decent sized performance area in this store. It's 2 stories above ground it looks like now. But they are no strangers to going below grade to make their stores larger. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nashvylle said:

But metro can receive a donation such as this for metro employee raises. 

Slippery slope there. A donation to the general fund and a special project here and there. You start earmarking Convention Center money for employee raises and show that is a possibility the wolves will come out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

That wouldn't be a permanent solution at all. I think the permanent solution is making the businesses pay their way on property taxes. 

I agree it is not a permanent solution, but I don't think it's a problem if we promised COLA raises, and when revenues don't come in as high one year, we can ask for a one time donation to metro general fund. 

Anyways, I am getting everyone off topic. Back to this awesome development!